Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-25-2007, 01:53 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road
Default I'm getting tells at YouTube to remove my Alizee videos

People are sending me messages at my account on YouTube asking me to remove my Alizee videos for copryright infringement. It's just a few messages, it's not alot and YouTube has not asked me to yet.

I'm editing pre-made videos and inserting popular music into them... big deal. It's not like i'm uploading an entire Alizee en Concert DVD onto YouTube like some people are doing, rofl Or uploading complete Alizee music from her albums like tens of thousands of others are doing on YouTube.

When anyone uploads a video to YouTube they are asked by YouTube if you are sure this is content entirely made by you, then proceed with your upload.

Well, of course the content I upload is not 100% originally made by me. Nothing I upload is content that I personally created. YouTube would come down in one day if they removed all content not originally made by a user.

It's free advertising, I don't understand why the copyright police people are getting so upset about the content I put on there or the millions of others who do the same thing

YouTube is not like Napster was in the beginning.... or is it? If YouTube wants my videos removed then.... I am waiting for them to request that... until then I am leaving them up

Brad, what do you want me to do? I will take em all down at YouTube if you want.. since I linked most of my videos to this website. I don't want to get you in any trouble
Old 07-25-2007, 02:15 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

google just removed my alizee jpva remix video. it was there for over a year, and yesterday out of the blue i got an email saying it was removed for copyright infringement.

very weird ...
Old 07-25-2007, 02:22 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

hmm...maybe the lili camp is getting ready for her comeback by trying to get rid of all the old stuff? it would make sense for a image makeover...who knows...
Old 07-25-2007, 02:58 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
hmm...maybe the lili camp is getting ready for her comeback by trying to get rid of all the old stuff? it would make sense for a image makeover...who knows...
While I don't agree that it's to changer her image, I agree that it could be Mercury. It would make sense, if her new album is coming out soon, because once lots more people get into Lili, Mercury will want them to spend as much money as possible on the old albums and videos too.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:09 PM

Blade is on a distinguished road

Don't think it's specifically Alizee videos that YouTube wants removed.

Their lawyers are wanting ALL copyrighted material removed.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:39 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Okay I removed all my Alizee videos from YouTube.... except for the three videos of her that are just picture slideshow videos that have been up for about a year.

Might as well delete all my posts in the Video section where I posted the links to YouTube, lol cuz they are gone

I do have the originals on my hard drive at least, they cant get those! lol
Old 07-25-2007, 05:53 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

that is screwed up we have, if i am correct, every right to upload videos on there, google or Youtube, and other sites like that.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:11 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhehe View Post
that is screwed up we have, if i am correct, every right to upload videos on there, google or Youtube, and other sites like that.
If material is copyrighted, the owners of the copyright generally have the rights to how, when, and where the material is made available.

You have the right to upload videos in which you own the copyright. You do not have the right to upload material for which you do not own the copyright, or for which you have not been granted rights by the copyright holder to do so. Many copyright holders do not enforce their rights in YouTube instances because they recognize the medium can actually help sales. However, it's up to the copyright holder whether they allow it or not.

There are "fair use" exceptions, where material is used for educational purposes (properly cited) and for certain forms of free speech (e.g., use of liknesses for parody).

IANAL.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

This is sad. I understand why it was done, but youtube was a good place for the videos. A lot of people are on youtube, and this meant that more people could discover Lili.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Well, there was no official complaint. You have no reason to remove your videos until you receive one. So I say leave them up there.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.