Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Senior Alizée Fan

SwedishFan is on a distinguished road
Question Amélie from Montmartre

Hey everyone,,I have a question,maybee a bit stupid, we´ll see.Does anybody know if the movie Amélie from Montmartre has any connection to Alizées song Amélie ma dit.I saw the movie the other night and it got me thinking.And i know i have seen that someone has Audrey Tautou as an avatar(that´s the girl that plays the main character in the movie).Does anybody know if there is a connection between the movie and Alizée ????
Old 08-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishFan View Post
Hey everyone,,I have a question,maybee a bit stupid, we´ll see.Does anybody know if the movie Amélie from Montmartre has any connection to Alizées song Amélie ma dit.I saw the movie the other night and it got me thinking.And i know i have seen that someone has Audrey Tautou as an avatar(that´s the girl that plays the main character in the movie).Does anybody know if there is a connection between the movie and Alizée ????
It is not "official" that they are connected, but many people believe so.

There is an unofficial music video made by a fan some time ago for the song Amélie m'a dit that uses footage from the film, and the references within the song are certainly numerous.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Yeah and also isn't Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain(Amélie) Alizée's favorite movie.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 08-03-2007, 06:09 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

It is indeed Alizée's favourite movie, as it is mine. Again, if any of you haven't seen the movie, it is a must that you see it! The combined genius of Jean-Pierre Jeunet and the wondrous acting of Audrey Tatou are absolutely stunning, and Yann Tiersen's soundtrack is enchanting, making you feel like you're right there in Paris.

There are countless reasons for why both Alizée and I love this movie so much; and you should too!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Senior Alizée Fan

SwedishFan is on a distinguished road

Allright then,there was a connection like i suspected,thanks for the straight answers guys.BTW Espire,,i liked the movie too.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Golden Boy from Golden City

Uméesha is on a distinguished road

the film amelie is very nice and it is one of the Silent moving movie... very silent.... cooney have already told it was a colabration of audio with the film made by one of the fan.....

Old 08-04-2007, 12:35 PM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
It is indeed Alizée's favourite movie, as it is mine. Again, if any of you haven't seen the movie, it is a must that you see it! The combined genius of Jean-Pierre Jeunet and the wondrous acting of Audrey Tatou are absolutely stunning, and Yann Tiersen's soundtrack is enchanting, making you feel like you're right there in Paris.

There are countless reasons for why both Alizée and I love this movie so much; and you should too!
I've been trying to see Amelie, but my local blockbuster doesn't have it, and I'm not a member of netflix or any online thing like that. Any other ideas?
Elle a cette drôle de voix, Elle a cette drôle de joie ----- She has this curious voice, She has this curious joy
____..___ Ce don du ciel qui la rend belle ----- This gift from the sky that makes her pretty.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:00 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Well, you can sign up for Blockbuster Total Access (or Netflix) for a free trial, or you can purchase the movie outright, say.

I'm kind of surprised that your Blockbuster doesn't have it though; it's a really famous international movie. Have you checked Blockbuster.com to see the inventories? Maybe there's one nearby with it.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

That is surprising they wouldn't carry it locally - it's quite famous, nominated for 5 oscars, all that stuff. I'd check some other local stores if I were you, it's bound to be there somewhere.

Did you ask at the counter at Blockbuster, or just take a look around? Those places or organized strangely (IMO), and it could easily be overlooked by being in a different section than expected. It could be in Romance, Foreign, Family, or possibly some others. It should be alphabetized under the letter A in the States (US title: Amélie), but if in the Foreign section, could be under L (Le) or F (Fabuleux).
Old 08-04-2007, 03:01 PM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road

thanks, I'll try those things
Elle a cette drôle de voix, Elle a cette drôle de joie ----- She has this curious voice, She has this curious joy
____..___ Ce don du ciel qui la rend belle ----- This gift from the sky that makes her pretty.