Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

blue powerade

Edit:

links, please?

Last edited by user472884; 10-11-2010 at 12:50 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-12-2010, 02:25 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

-Being an Alizée fan.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:47 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I'm going to get some odd looks for this, but

- this mattress

I absolutely love this mattress. I still remember going to Living Spaces and picking out like 3 years ago. It's spring, but unbelievably comfortable. The happiest times of my life always take place during summer, where I acquire ridiculous sleeping patterns.... I love it so much I can't even think properly of what I want to say/type. It's almost like my friend.

For years, all I needed was this mattress, and a single pillow (that one that looked massive and soft when you bought it, but the first morning it looks like a chiclet, yet still soft). Years. And my khaki canvas blanket and desert camo sheets and my birch wood Ikea bed frame (the one with the corners that could cut down to your shin bone should you have the misfortune of kicking it). They're like my friends.

In the hiatus between my california house selling and moving here, I lived in a small apartment for three months "just until winter break". I don't know why, but Buena Park is 30º hotter than any other city at any time. I didn't even need the blanket. I just laid, head on single pillow, arms crossed like an angry old cod, and let the california midnight heat keep me warm.

Packing up the uhaul (the first of 4... driving from Los Angeles to Denver, flying back, and repeating 4 times), I decided to leave behind the bed frame. It was an excellent bed frame. It was simple, sleek, elegant, geometric, me.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49874774

I had always been fascinated with having a minimalist bedroom, spurred on by a specific episode of The Brady Bunch. I wanted to have just my mattress on the floor, among my Ikea desk, Ikea book shelf, Ikea TV stand, and Ikea night stand. To me, the mattress on the floor would be the most comfortable place next to the womb (why else do we cry when we leave it?).

For 9 months, I slept like this, with my mattress and single pillow and khaki canvas blanket (although with the Colorado climate and again being in the basement, I also used a heavy-as-shit Korean blanket)

Now, I've moved into this house out of that rental house. Upon realizing the plethora of spiders that proliferate in Colorado (I'm sure you've seen some of them) and their tendency to run across my shirtless chest during the night, I wanted another bed.

I chose this one

Also, I got the hair-brained idea of also getting a really expensive memory foam mattress and pillow. Yes, it's comfortable, but not my comfortable.

Here I lie, again, in my spring mattress, single pillow, khaki canvas blanket, H.O.S. Korean blanket, and a single tear of nostalgia.

Wow, I get really stoic at 3 in the morning
Old 10-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

-This mini-project we had to do just now in Language was easier that I thought it'd be. We had to make up an ad using propaganda (we're studying propaganda atm because we're about to read Animal Farm.. luckily for me I've already read it )

-Waking up and seeing that you still have a few hours left to sleep.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 10-12-2010, 10:46 AM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

i like to make sure that my house is clean and the bed has been made before going on a trip. there is nothing like coming home from a trip to clean house and a made bed.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
i like to make sure that my house is clean and the bed has been made before going on a trip. there is nothing like coming home from a trip to clean house and a made bed.
Same here! I think it may be because I've been doing it since I was a kid, but if I sleep in my bed(which is actually rare), I always make it in the morning before heading out. It's a early morning sense of accomplishment!

Old 10-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

- spiking my hair in the morning. I use spiking glue and my hair gets all sharp and pointy. people call me a porcupine because of it and pet my head to feel it. Now I know why animals like being petted. Jeje ^_^

Old 10-12-2010, 06:08 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
- spiking my hair in the morning. I use spiking glue and my hair gets all sharp and pointy. people call me a porcupine because of it and pet my head to feel it. Now I know why animals like being petted. Jeje ^_^

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U5I5H7EeC8k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U5I5H7EeC8k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 10-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U5I5H7EeC8k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U5I5H7EeC8k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Awwww how cute.
Jaja that's exactly what I mean, but not that sharp.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

- Candy after getting shots