Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-20-2013, 12:46 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I have a Sig P228 which is the compact version of the P226. The P226 is a nice gun, my buddy carried a P226 for many years as a Police officer.

My first handgun when I turned 21 was a six inch blued Colt Python .357 magnum. Second one was a Ruger Mark I Bull barrel .22. I bought both used and sold the Python a few years ago, replacing it with a brand new one. I still have the Ruger and like to shoot it when I can.

Last edited by ALS; 04-20-2013 at 12:49 PM..
Old 04-20-2013, 02:02 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Python's are a dream for me. I don't plan on getting one anytime soon, mainly due to costs. I would rather have a S&W Model 29 though, but those too are really expensive. I am gonna get a single action revolver later on, hopefully if we get a large enough bonus at work. I'm looking at a Cimarron Man with No Name or a Uberti 1871 Cattleman. I've also toyed with the idea of some black powder conversion revolvers because I like the looks. But generally they come in .38 Spl and I'm looking for a .45LC.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:32 PM

One of my friends has a 629 in stainless steel, three inch version. Needless to say it is an absolute scream to shoot. Even with the three inch barrel it is a pretty accurate gun considering. If I hadn't had a Remington 700 SF Varmint in .223 on order last month I would have scored a used one at my gun dealer. I don't own a single Smith & Wesson but that three inch 629 would have been worth buying.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:28 PM

I'm not a huge fan of shorter revolvers. I like the longish barrel. I was at the gun store yesterday, eyeing some of the revolvers and I don't really care for snub nose or those generally under 4".

And speaking of the gun store, in less than 48 hours I will be the proud owner of a brand new SIG P226. I don't think I've ever been so excited. It has those new "E2" grips on them which look weird at first, but was actually really comfortable to hold. I just wish there wasn't a ridiculous waiting period. It's unbearable.....
Old 04-26-2013, 04:25 PM

Oh the benefits of Pics and Nics and having a carry permit. Buy it and take it home that day.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:32 PM

I love my SIG. Shoots like a dream. It definitely was worth the grueling 3+ year long wait.

Now to decide on which 1911 to get.....
Old 05-02-2013, 09:44 PM

I bought a Kimber Eclipse Target II two years ago. It went into the safe and I haven't shot it yet. I looked at probably fifteen different .45's from a basic $600 model to a $3500 Wilson Custom. The Eclipse II felt the best in my hand.

I have a Colt Stainless Steel officers. Even with seven rounds, one in the tube six in the magazine the gun is one heavy piece of metal (34 oz) for its size. Colt makes a light weight officers (24oz) and there is a sizable difference in weight between them.

The only thing with my officers is it only likes FMJ or SWC lead. It will feed hollow points but there is a questionable feel to the feed. It feeds them but not as smoothly as they could be. Not something you would like to have happen if you are using the gun as a self defense weapon. I've been thinking of having a local gunsmith that only deals with 1911's look at it in the near future to correct that issue.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:48 AM

Just a bump video to keep current.

Don't mess with this woman's purse.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:59 PM

Only in Western Pennsylvania could we have a reporter that is so clueless about our gun culture. Those that live in areas or other countries that have severe restrictions on firearms will find this interesting.

wtae/packing-heat-pas-open-carry-gun-lawl
Old 08-13-2013, 10:38 AM

Decided to put the 1911 on hold for now. As I had an unexpected expense which turned out to be a Smith and Wesson 66-4, 6" .357. And the best trigger I've ever shot period.