Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2014, 08:35 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Is Alizée still under contract with Sony?

A freind of mine from another forum told me a couple of weeks ago that Alizée had to get out of her contract with Sony in order to work with Disney on the "We love Disney" project. I hadn't heard any other mention of that and wasn't sure how true it might be, but now that it's come out that she's involved with another project with Disney, it lends credence to what he said.

Now is that a good thing? I was deeply disappointed with Sony; certainly not for trying, but I think back when Alizée was with MF/LB, they (Mylene and Laurant) had a diamond in the rough and they polished her to perfection. When she left them, she was back to square one, a diamond in the rough and all Sony's attempts to polish her, went for naught.

So as I said, I don't blame them for lack of effort, but I do feel they have no idea how to bring out the best in her. If this is true, I have a feeling, this new direction of her career is not going to be in a direction that will lead to more albums, but one towards more acting. Now I think if that's the case, we'll all be very happy for her and wish her the best, but I think most of us would rather wish that she will at some point come out with another album, but at this point, I really can't see that happening.