Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-07-2018, 09:10 AM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

Nice song. I wish her all the best, I missed Mylene and Boutonnat
Old 12-07-2018, 12:46 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I've rooted for her early on. She's a beautiful young lady with a very nice voice and I think with an album produced by M/LB, she will do well and in the long run, she might do better than Alizée numbers wise, but there is something intangible that Alizée brought to the table. It can't be manufactured and it can't be duplicated and it will be a long time before we ever see the likes of Alizée again, if we ever see that again.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well I've rooted for her early on. She's a beautiful young lady with a very nice voice and I think with an album produced by M/LB, she will do well and in the long run, she might do better than Alizée numbers wise, but there is something intangible that Alizée brought to the table. It can't be manufactured and it can't be duplicated and it will be a long time before we ever see the likes of Alizée again, if we ever see that again.
There have been negative comments on SEXTO that LB failed to keep up with the trends, music-wise. But, I don't feel LB would touch hip-hop. He composes what he wants, and he excels at it. It's up to the girl to deliver it well, which I think Julia did. It's up to the consumer whether they like it or not.

Like you said, Julia still is no Alizee. While I am of course biased, even when I look at it objectively, there is a recurring theme coming from the viewers of Alizee, that she is something special. I just don't think we will see it repeated in a single person.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:18 PM

I often refer to Alizée/MF/LB as a dream team, kind of like the Beatles were a dream team that were well suited for one another, but the Beatles brought a new style of music along, that people instantly loved. But with Alizée, it wasn't necessarily a new style of music, it was a existing style of music or in her case video, that was unique. Her voice wasn't the strongest, but when you combined it with the lyrics of MF and the music of LB, that were a perfect match for her voice, there was nothing more pleasant to listen to. When you added her physical beauty, her beauty of dance, her beauty of person, it was a unique experience.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Comment on Julia's SEXTO video:

Carlos Nieto 2 weeks ago
There was a rumour about Alizée featuring this video. I did not see her at all.

Luckily somebody answered Carlos:

Rominder WKND 2 weeks ago
She is in the making of
Old 12-07-2018, 05:06 PM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

Alizee was a phenomenon, just like Michael Jackson. There will never be another MJ or Alizee.

It's not like they are trying to emulate her anyway, because that would be pointless. For both Julia and Alizee. I think they are smart enough to embrace this new talent and I think it's going to be great. Mylene always had an eye for talent anyway.

What I'm trying to say is that Alizee has an inner beauty as well as an outer one. Her inner beauty radiated to the world, you can't buy that or emulate it in any way. It's either there or not. Kind of a feminine radiance that warmed you inside. Julia probably has another kind of radiance.

It's probably something to do with the era in which Alizee was around though. It was the perfect time for her to truly showcase her talent.
The tight clothing and ass helped of course.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:18 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Julia is NOT a new Alizee-- and not even close.

Alizee's face seems at times to be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
Alizee's face has this "beyond beautiful" quality, as if its playing tricks with my mind.
There is something about Alizee's face that fascinates me--- and its hard to explain.

Julia's face does none of the above. Julia's face is ordinary. It would be very hard to match Alizee's facial x-factor, but I still think Mylene could have done better.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru777 View Post
Mylene always had an eye for talent anyway.
I'm not so sure. Is there anything particularly special about Julia? If there is something particularly special or unique about Julia, I'd like to know what it is. I think Mylene really got lucky with Alizee.

Edit:

So tell me guys, what's special about Julia??? Don't tell me what's good about Julia, please tell me what's *special* about Julia.

Consider Alizee:

The only thing that isn't special about Alizee is her singing voice. Alizee's voice is good, but not great. Alizee's voice is more than adequate, but not in the same league as the top female vocalists.

Everything else about Alizee is special. Face--- special. Dancing ability--- special. Personality-- special. Stage presence--- special.

Tell me one thing that is truly special about Julia--- just *one thing.*

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 12-08-2018 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-08-2018, 12:23 PM

I think the comment "Julia's face is ordinary" has to expanded on a little more. Julia's face is a beautiful face, but as I've said several times before with the beauty of the French singer Lorie,it's a look that we've seen many times before. I'm sure I could find images of many people who look like Lorie. So like Lorie's beauty is ordinary, so is Julia's.

But I be hard pressed to find one of someone who closely resembles Alizee and just looking at her image herself, often doesn't reveal that special something that lies beneath which we get a hint of at moments like in the beginning of ACC with the sparkle of her eyes or JPVA at the Eiffel tower at the incredibly beautiful moment after the song where she dips her head.

Even when she went to Poland and she was being asked questions that upset her, it revealed a specialness to her character.

There's just something truly special and beautiful and unique there.

https://youtu.be/kD4ACICK6Jw?t=81

Old 12-08-2018, 03:49 PM
Administrator

I think Julia is very beautiful.

Alizee is beyond spectacular when it comes to beauty. It is very hard to describe.
Old 12-09-2018, 02:18 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think the comment "Julia's face is ordinary" has to expanded on a little more. Julia's face is a beautiful face, but as I've said several times before with the beauty of the French singer Lorie,it's a look that we've seen many times before. I'm sure I could find images of many people who look like Lorie. So like Lorie's beauty is ordinary, so is Julia's. ... But I be hard pressed to find one of someone who closely resembles Alizee and just looking at her image herself, often doesn't reveal that special something that lies beneath
For simplicity, let's look at it in terms of still photographs.

If I were to have a series of still photographs of Julia laid out in front of me, I would be inclined to say that Julia is in the top 15% of women by looks.

Does that make sense?

Suppose I laid out a series of still photographs of Julia in front of you. How would you rate Julia? Based on the photographs, would you say that Julia is the top 20% of women by looks? Would you say that Julia is in the top 15% of women by looks? Top 10% of women by looks? Top 5%??? Top 2%??? Etc. Give me a number that sounds about right to you.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I think Julia is very beautiful.
Clevercowboy, let me ask you the same question that I asked Scruffy:

Suppose I laid out a series of still photographs of Julia in front of you. How would you rate Julia? Based on the photographs, would you say that Julia is the top 20% of women by looks? Would you say that Julia is in the top 15% of women by looks? Top 10% of women by looks? Top 5%??? Top 2%??? Give me a number that sounds about right to you.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 12-09-2018 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts