Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-11-2019, 07:50 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I haven't listened to the entire albums.

I have listened to: "Grand Central", "A cause de l'automne" and "Mes Fantomes". I like those songs.

I need to listen to the rest of it.
You mention a couple off of UEDS, which was Alizee's "sleeper album" in my opinion. It is very different than Psychédélices, but has some very good songs. Those two you mention, Grand Central and Mes Fantomes, but also Limelight, Les Collines, 14 Decembre and Factory Girl.

Post Mylene, I like her song "Par Les Paupieres" the best. It's a world class song. Alizee looks great singing it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37CPNdp4Tu0
Old 02-11-2019, 10:24 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
You mention a couple off of UEDS, which was Alizee's "sleeper album" in my opinion. It is very different than Psychédélices, but has some very good songs. Those two you mention, Grand Central and Mes Fantomes, but also Limelight, Les Collines, 14 Decembre and Factory Girl.

Post Mylene, I like her song "Par Les Paupieres" the best. It's a world class song. Alizee looks great singing it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37CPNdp4Tu0

I don't understand why Alizée doesn't record any more music. Is it that she has lost confidence in herself, that she has grown sick of the business, that it costs too much to produce an album or even a single? She and Greg appear to be financially secure. Perhaps she is just comfortable where she is at. After all these years, I never grow tired of her music. She has a great voice, and her fans are amazingly loyal. After her show in Poland and the plans for Mexico, I thought she was coming back, but since then nothing. I'd love to see her do another country music, anything.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:38 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post

I don't understand why Alizée doesn't record any more music. Is it that she has lost confidence in herself, that she has grown sick of the business, that it costs too much to produce an album or even a single? She and Greg appear to be financially secure. Perhaps she is just comfortable where she is at. After all these years, I never grow tired of her music. She has a great voice, and her fans are amazingly loyal. After her show in Poland and the plans for Mexico, I thought she was coming back, but since then nothing. I'd love to see her do another country music, anything.
Well I think it all comes down to the economics of the situation. She's had 4 failures in a row. A record company is not going to work on a new album with her in today's fickle market unless they have a sure thing. Look at Shy'm. She's a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice. I posted a story on her recently where she had to cut her last tour short and now her new album isn't doing well. Then you have piracy cutting into your profits.

It would take a sure thing to make Alizee want to go down that road again and there is only one road I know of that fits that description and that is Mylene Farmer avenue. Right now, Mylene has a full slate with working on an album for Julia and I believe she's working on her own tour, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is something in the works for Alizée.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well I think it all comes down to the economics of the situation. She's had 4 failures in a row. A record company is not going to work on a new album with her in today's fickle market unless they have a sure thing. Look at Shy'm. She's a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice. I posted a story on her recently where she had to cut her last tour short and now her new album isn't doing well. Then you have piracy cutting into your profits.

It would take a sure thing to make Alizee want to go down that road again and there is only one road I know of that fits that description and that is Mylene Farmer avenue. Right now, Mylene has a full slate with working on an album for Julia and I believe she's working on her own tour, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is something in the works for Alizée.
If a new album is going to happen, it should happen very soon. If she teams up with Mylene, it would do well.

In the entertainment industry is that the window of opportunity is narrow, except for a select few. Alizee and Gregoire are making money however they can now. They are doing a lot of dancing, but for how many years can it keep up competitively? Greg is in his early thirties and still in great shape and he can be considered an athlete, but in nearly every sport once you start hitting mid thirties, the body changes and what was easy start becoming not so easy anymore. I'm sure they have looked ahead and maybe that caused Alizee to start singing again.

Maybe Alizee herself doesn't know what the future holds and is trying to figure it out as she goes along.

Old 02-13-2019, 03:02 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

From FB; "Mylène Farmer en concert les vendredi 21 et samedi 22 juin à Paris ".
She has 2 concerts in Paris in June and there will probably be others. As I mentioned, she's also working on Julia's album, so I think for the next few months, it looks like she has a full plate.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:20 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Right now, Mylene has a full slate with working on an album for Julia and I believe she's working on her own tour, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is something in the works for Alizée.
What exactly would Mylene do with Alizee at this point??? Julia is useful to Mylene because Julia is a spring chicken. As a spring chicken, Julia can do things that Mylene herself can't do (namely, Julia can play the role of spring chicken in a video or on stage.)

But Alizee is not a spring chicken--- basically, anything that Alizee can sing Mylene can sing herself.

So why would Mylene give Alizee material to sing???

Why would Mylene do a project with Alizee when there would be no benefit to Mylene herself??

Edit:

Quote:
Maybe Alizee herself doesn't know what the future holds and is trying to figure it out as she goes along.
I get the impression that ever since she left Mylene, Alizee hasn't quite known what to do with herself.

Edit:

Once again, Alizee's best bet would be to go into acting.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 02-14-2019 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-15-2019, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
What exactly would Mylene do with Alizee at this point??? Julia is useful to Mylene because Julia is a spring chicken. As a spring chicken, Julia can do things that Mylene herself can't do (namely, Julia can play the role of spring chicken in a video or on stage.)

But Alizee is not a spring chicken--- basically, anything that Alizee can sing Mylene can sing herself.

So why would Mylene give Alizee material to sing???

Why would Mylene do a project with Alizee when there would be no benefit to Mylene herself??
I don't think it would necessarily be Mylene "giving" Alizee material. I would imagine there would be something in it for Mylene financially, whether it be a flat fee or royalties, or both. LB probably has written songs that has never been released and maybe they would fit Alizee's style rather than Mylene's style.

Then there is Mylene's legacy. A Mylene/Alizee musical reunion would be good for both and good for the French music scene. It would give Mylene some positive publicity. If anything, if she was part of an Alizee comeback, it might make Mylene "feel good." She is already very rich and famous and Alizee won't unseat her as the queen of pop in France.

I'm just speculating in this post....

Julia has limitations. I'm still rooting for her, but after following her on IG for a while now, she is pretty much one dimensional and doesn't have much charisma. She seems to be solely relying on her looks. She is beautiful, blond hair, blue eyes... she was probably a beautiful girl in school and popular, because everybody wants to be friends with the pretty girls. She probably never had to fight for social status and develop the social skills and charisma to feel accepted. On stage she looks stiff and frightened. She's not a dancer, so it would be interesting to see what kind of music she ends up singing on her album.

Speaking of which, I wonder when this album is coming out? It's been five months since the SEXTO video came out, and the views have totally stalled out the last few months. I think they should have struck while the iron was hot and put the album out three months after the video.

Do you think that Julia can match the stage presence of Mylene, let along Alizee?

Quote:
I get the impression that ever since she left Mylene, Alizee hasn't quite known what to do with herself.
Once again, Alizee's best bet would be to go into acting.
The arrival of Annily probably changed her goals in life. I "think" Alizee's mother was a homemaker, and perhaps she wanted to raise a family and do the same? Based on our discussion about her IQ, I wonder if she regrets not getting a higher education?
Old 02-16-2019, 05:04 AM

Quote:
I don't think it would necessarily be Mylene "giving" Alizee material. I would imagine there would be something in it for Mylene financially, whether it be a flat fee or royalties, or both.
Hmm... I just don't see it happening.

Quote:
Julia has limitations.
I don't really see anything special about Julia-- at all. Not a single thing.

Quote:
She seems to be solely relying on her looks. She is beautiful, blond hair, blue eyes... she was probably a beautiful girl in school and popular, because everybody wants to be friends with the pretty girls.
To me, even Julia's looks are one-dimensional. I can recall many girls from high school and college who were better looking than Julia.

Quote:
Speaking of which, I wonder when this album is coming out? It's been five months since the SEXTO video came out, and the views have totally stalled out the last few months. I think they should have struck while the iron was hot and put the album out three months after the video.
From what I can see, the response on Youtube to Julia has been rather lukewarm. Maybe Mylene has taken note of this, and the album has been shelved??

If I were Mylene and I were to look at the Youtube response to "Sexto", I would be discouraged. One could say that the problem is the song, but regardless of the song itself, its evident that Julia just doesn't grab people.

Quote:
Do you think that Julia can match the stage presence of Mylene, let along Alizee?
I don't think Julia can match Alizee's stage presence.

I think Julia could probably match Mylene's stage presence.

(From what I've seen, Mylene has a good voice, but her stage presence is rather average. I think there are alot of people who could do what Mylene does on stage. I think that is why Mylene has a multi-million dollar light show--- Mylene sings good, but other than that, Mylene herself isn't very interesting, and so she makes up for it with the light show.)

Julia, of course, isn't going to have Mylene's light show.

(Its getting late, I'm not sure if I'm making any sense here. Bottom line is, I think Julia will be okay on stage but nothing special.)

Quote:
The arrival of Annily probably changed her goals in life. I "think" Alizee's mother was a homemaker, and perhaps she wanted to raise a family and do the same? Based on our discussion about her IQ, I wonder if she regrets not getting a higher education?
Annily lives on Corsica, is that correct? I wonder if Alizee is waiting until Annily turns 18 before doing anything major. (I.e., Alizee doesn't want to work outside of Corsica until Annily finishes school.)
Old 02-17-2019, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
To me, even Julia's looks are one-dimensional. I can recall many girls from high school and college who were better looking than Julia.
I agree. However, they didn't have the voice Julia does. Mylene had to start with finding a girl with exceptional singing ability and go from there. She found a beautiful girl, but might have missed the mark on selecting the most compelling personality though. Time will tell but I have to admit things don't look as promising for Julia as it did.

Quote:
(From what I've seen, Mylene has a good voice, but her stage presence is rather average. I think there are alot of people who could do what Mylene does on stage. I think that is why Mylene has a multi-million dollar light show--- Mylene sings good, but other than that, Mylene herself isn't very interesting, and so she makes up for it with the light show.)
Personally I am not a big fan of her, but she knows how to engage the audience, at least in France. She can't dance well, so her moves on stage are pretty simple patterns and her backup dancers do all the elaborate stuff. And yes, there is the light show and props. She isn't even a great singer, and I think I read somewhere that she is a smoker, which doesn't help. However, at concerts, people pay up for tickets and want their money's worth, and at Mylene's concerts, they probably don't leave disappointed.

Quote:
Annily lives on Corsica, is that correct? I wonder if Alizee is waiting until Annily turns 18 before doing anything major. (I.e., Alizee doesn't want to work outside of Corsica until Annily finishes school.)
This is a very good point. Yes, Annily lives in Corsica. Being in her early teens now, she needs to have her parents present in her daily life. I don't believe Alizee would pursue anything right now that would cause her to be away from home a lot.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:18 AM

Quote:
However, at concerts, people pay up for tickets and want their money's worth, and at Mylene's concerts, they probably don't leave disappointed.
Although Mylene is not untalented, I think her x-factor lies more in her business skills than anything else. (She definitely puts on a good show, I'll grant her that.)

If I had alot of money and knew French, I'd move to France, find myself an Alizee and take on Mylene. From the looks of things, there's a huge opportunity in the French music industry.

Quote:
Being in her early teens now, she needs to have her parents present in her daily life. I don't believe Alizee would pursue anything right now that would cause her to be away from home a lot.
That's got to be the reason that Alizee isn't doing anything. Perhaps its also a primary reason for the dance studio--- the dance studio is something that Alizee can do without leaving Corsica.

I guess we'll have to wait 4 years for something major to happen.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 02-18-2019 at 02:22 AM..