Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2020, 11:37 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road
Default Do you remember the exact date you saw Alizee for the first time?

Every now and then a member posts that it is the anniversary date of when they first saw Alizee. It is definitely a moment of great significance

For me, I don't know the exact date. Until I started thinking back, all I really knew was an approximate year, and I had to think about it to narrow it down to a single year. But, I remember the moment when I saw my first video of Alizee - it is forever etched in my mind. The video didn't have a song name and I didn't know French, so initially she was just this mystery girl that blew me away. All I knew was her name.

I was living along the Texas gulf coast at that time. I was in my office with the windows open. It was cool outside and could smell spring. For those that have lived that far south in the US, winter (if you can call it that) comes and goes quickly. It is safe to start planting your garden around Valentine's Day. I had concluded that it was in the March/April time frame. Once May comes around, the A/C is on and I would not have the windows open.

So I was in my office researching World of Warcraft. My youngest son loved online video games. In earlier years, I played video games with him often, some online. But when he was 16, he was completely absorbed in WoW. So much so, he didn't even bug me to get his driver's license until he was 17. I know I was counting the days until my 16th birthday so I can rush to get my driver's license, so it was strange. He would be up all hours of the night playing WoW, talking with his virtual friends. He tried to explain it to me, but somehow I never had an interest in playing it. I was interested in why him along with millions of others spend most of their days, every day, playing it. Since I knew my son's age at this time, I know it was 2006.

Wanting to know what is it about the game that has my son so addicted, I got on a forum dedicated to WoW. I started reading threads. A member posted a link to YouTube and said this beautiful French girl was dancing the dance of the night elf in WoW. I didn't know what a night elf was, but if somebody is copying the dance, it must be significant. I thought maybe this girl was copying WoW, but it wasn't until later I learned it was the other way around.

So the next mouse click was pretty momentous.

Now I know the song was J'en Ai Marre (Pour Laurette), but at the time had no clue.

I stumbled across the video a year or so ago. I hadn't seen it since back in those days. It was titled "alizee" and nothing else. It is dated February 2, 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_co...ature=emb_logo

So as March and April approaches, it will mark my 14th year as a fan.