Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 08-27-2010, 06:00 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
I believe a better question would be what type of fan am I. Just cause I say the things I do does that make me less of a fan? Or do I have to praise the ground she walks on and stalk her facebook to be a true fan? Honestly there is no artist out there that I like everything that they do.
I think you are one of few people on this site that are very critical of Alizée, and I do not condemn you for it, I actually think sometimes you're the only that seems to see the light and provide a less biased opinion. Judging by your comments on this thread, I'm assuming that you don't feel the same way about Alizée as you once did, but I'm genuinely interested in knowing: Do you still like her as an artist?
Old 08-27-2010, 07:00 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
I fail to see what's wrong with using old Alizée to promote her. Last time I checked, old Alizée is still, in fact.. wait for it.. Alizée.

I know, mind blowing concept right?
Yes old alizee is still alizee music. However do you promote an artist by what they are doing now and how they are performing now, or by what they did eight years ago? You promote what they are doing now right? This holds especially true if the styles are as different as they are between her old stuff and the new. This will hold even more true if you are promoting using video, as the performances are drastically different as of recent.

If you promote the old and the target likes it when they find out about the new stuff they will either like the new or they won't. If they like it fine, however the problem comes up when they don't. if they don't like what is being put out now they will lose interest rather quickly, they won't hang around waiting for her to change back. It's happening in Mexico right now her support is dropping as they were expecting Lolita and MCE days. Now if you promote what is happening in the here and now and they like it and not the old they will stick around. This is because they won't care so much because what they don't like is in the past not the now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
but I'm genuinely interested in knowing: Do you still like her as an artist?
Yes and no, I like that she is doing what she wants to. I don't like UEDS, I however liked Psyche at least good part of it. I've found the performances since her comeback with Psyche to be quite disapointing. None of that however would make me not like someone as an artist. What I don't like is when I am lied to about when she says she will perform and that day comes and nothing or that she doesn't say anything when she knows a performance will be canceled.

Regards,

Jung

Last edited by jung_adore_ALIZEE; 08-27-2010 at 07:04 AM..
Old 08-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

When one reaches a certain point in life, and finds something to have a passion for, one will not allow the opinions of others to chage the facts of oneself. I am a walking Alizée billboard here in Orlando, I tell everyone I can. I have even given promo comps to complete strangers on many an occasion. I do not place judgement upon my efforts big or small on whether Alizée appreciates it or not. She does not even know who I am. I know if she knew she would. And the one true Alizée fan I have gained is my woman, Sandy. Only one has given me 100% negative feedback in all my personal efforts which I call pretty damn good. I promote Alizée for this reason alone, her music and positivity has changed my life forever for the good, and now Sandy too. It is only the least little tiny thing I can do to thank Alizée for what she has done for us. I do not get overbearing when I tell someone about Alizée, but I can say this, everyone who knows me knows I am crazy about her and probably always be.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:56 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

So that would be a long way of saying no to both right?

Jung
Saying no to what?

Quote:
Yes old alizee is still alizee music. However do you promote an artist by what they are doing now and how they are performing now, or by what they did eight years ago? You promote what they are doing now right? Jung
That's a matter of opinion. I feel a lot more people would be attracted to her old stuff than her new stuff. That's why I use it so much in my promotions. I could be dead wrong. But if I'm doing any promoting on my own, I'm going to do it the way I see fit. It's a free country. Anyone else here can use the materieal they see fit. If somebody here wants to do promotions of her last 2 albums, I will do everything in my power to help them if they need it. I may make suggestions, but I'm not going to try and disuade them, and I certainly wont criticize them for anything that might benefit Alizée, no matter how much it differs from my views.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

And I have said it b4 and ima say it again. Scruffy, your efforts to promote Alizée are as appreciated now as they were b4. Alizée fans everywhere appreciate anything, any Alizée fan has, or is, or will do to promote her. whether or not its early Alizée or newer Alizée. Does anyone know on this forum that Madonna videos still come in at a consistent rate on MTV top 100 list? And a lot of those are her early work???? HMMMM makes one wonder about this whole early or later Alizée talk, now does it not. All Alizée is simply put, Alizée, who is even better than Madonna herself.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:03 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I agree SD and R&S. Promoting Alizee or any relatively unknown is a crap shoot. Old Alizee and new Alizee will appeal to different people. You never know what may trip someone's trigger. Scruffy I love your passion for promoting Alizee and your tenacity. I would never purposely try to dampen yours or anyone elses spirit towards promoting Alizee ever even if I disagreed with their strategy. The same point you made I think. I think the fact that Alizee was willing to do a 50 private Ueds signing for a very small fan base proves that Alizee cares about her fans or people in general. As we all know Alizee has struggled greatly since her divorce from MF/LB to be a relevent artist especially in France. My point is that judging her actions or non actions without all the facts is pointless and unfair. I know there are those that pretend to have more information than they do and are just Fonzy from Happy Days wanta be's lol!
Old 08-28-2010, 02:51 AM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

Yea man, whatever way you promote Alizee is great. Its up to the other person to look up more. You guys just have to remember that not everyone likes every kind of music so some will not be interested in Alizee. I show it to some people and they stare at me while others are like wow thats great. Old Alizee or new Alizee it doesnt matter, pick whatever appeals to your audience the most, and if you dont know your audience well...JEAM them.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:32 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
Yea man, whatever way you promote Alizee is great. Its up to the other person to look up more. You guys just have to remember that not everyone likes every kind of music so some will not be interested in Alizee. I show it to some people and they stare at me while others are like wow thats great. Old Alizee or new Alizee it doesnt matter, pick whatever appeals to your audience the most, and if you dont know your audience well...JEAM them.
That's what I always do! Can't go wrong with JEAM!
Old 08-28-2010, 12:01 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
That's what I always do! Can't go wrong with JEAM!
JEAM is dangerous. Even after 7 years, I still find it mesmerizing. I was doing laundry and decided to watch one of her JEAM performances to make folding clothes less boring. I ended up just watching it like 4 times without even doing anything. She is very distracting. Too beautiful.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 08-28-2010, 12:31 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
JEAM is dangerous. Even after 7 years, I still find it mesmerizing. I was doing laundry and decided to watch one of her JEAM performances to make folding clothes less boring. I ended up just watching it like 4 times without even doing anything. She is very distracting. Too beautiful.
I did it ten times few month ago

Tags
alizee, promotion