Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-10-2008, 11:48 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

wow you guys show a lot of commitment

i figure the whole Alizee in America might be done with
why?

1. she just cancelled several tour dates - this is a significant sign that her music career is in great jepordy and that risking a costly performance in the U.S. might not be in her best interest

2. she deleted posts pertaining to her fans in the U.S. - perhaps a sign that she has no interest and even an aversion towards the U.S.

i don't know why since after all the U.S. is the "coolest" country in the world!

3. on her official site - i assume - she has not updated any information pertaining to performances on the rather random list of countries she is to visit i.e. Afghanistan

4. for the past weeks, if not months, we have made it clear that she has fans here and that a signing session or perhaps a small venue performance would be most respectful towards her devoted fans in the U.S. but still no word!

well i'm sure a lot of you are going to disagree with this post but i think it's at least important to tell another side of the story

sorry folks

hey btw whatever happened to ciara and her famous podcasts? does she think she's too cool for school?

maybe we should try to get Daft Punk to play in the U.S. - i'll go to that show!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rBbasXXtrXw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rBbasXXtrXw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by tbailey; 08-11-2008 at 12:08 AM..
Old 08-11-2008, 12:00 AM

Veni_Vedi_Vici is on a distinguished road

America is seen by some as the "coolest" country but I think it unfortunately would be very, very hard for her to gain even half the fame here as she has overseas. Record companies pretty much all care about the money in the long run & it would cost them money for her to cross over to the US & perhaps they just don't want to risk it if it doesn't work out. I just wish they would at least release her albums here or do something for the US fans cause they definitely know she has some.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

While I doubt Sony sees her going mainstream here, they'd be foolish to completely ignore the underground market. And I don't think they intend to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
1. she just cancelled several tour dates - this is a significant sign that her music career is in great jepordy and that risking a costly performance in the U.S. might not be in her best interest
Dates in or near France, though, with the stated reason being that she's on an "international tour". If anything, I think that's encouraging for us. France is slagging, and she's looking elsewhere. Now's the time to act.

Quote:
2. she deleted posts pertaining to her fans in the U.S. - perhaps a sign that she has no interest and even an aversion towards the U.S.
All I can say is... everything I've heard through the grapevine suggests just the opposite.

Quote:
3. on her official site - i assume - she has not updated any information pertaining to performances on the rather random list of countries she is to visit i.e. Afghanistan

4. for the past weeks, if not months, we have made it clear that she has fans here and that a signing session or perhaps a small venue performance would be most respectful towards her devoted fans in the U.S. but still no word!
In the past few months, there hasn't been news from her, her record company, or her site regarding any subject. She's on vacation.

Quote:
hey btw whatever happened to ciara and her famous podcasts? does she think she's too cool for school?
Dunno. I sent her a news segment the other week, and a message just the other day, but she's MIA...

And Daft Punk has played here.

Last edited by Ben; 08-11-2008 at 12:10 AM..
Old 08-11-2008, 12:11 AM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

ok snatcher i don't know what it means when you say "grapevine"

your use of terminology surpasses mine

yes i was aware that Daft Punk has been here before - we should plan a trip to go see their next show! that's what i was kinda hinting at :P

maybe the U.S. is looking more towards acts such as:

how many of you are fans of danity kane?
we should have a poll

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fAYbPWJ9I64&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fAYbPWJ9I64&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 08-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grapevine_%28gossip%29

In other words, I didn't just wake up one morning and decide to do this. I've heard things that make me believe it could be worthwhile.

Last edited by Ben; 08-11-2008 at 12:22 AM..
Old 08-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

^Great song BTW
Old 08-11-2008, 04:02 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

I don't think Snatcher is stupid or crazy, nor the other guys who want to work on getting Alizée here. I certainly think people like Snatcher understand the situation. He has been an Alizée fan since 2004. I don't think he has any delusions about her or her career.

I understand that she has been around a long time and if you think that it's too late for her here there in the U.S., then bye bye. But, some people think this might be a good time to have a go at it. It's as simple as that. If you want to try to support Alizée and get the word out, do it. If not, don't. There are many a musician/singer less well known and loved than Alizée who travel around the world and do concerts/shows.

I wish Alizée was more interested or able to be interested in working with people there in the US or where ever I am actually. But it is what it is. However, we have certainly seen that if they come she will build it or something like that, if you know what I mean. I have to think that she will be back to México. If she had not decided to quit M&L back in the day, she probably would have done another album and more concerts in France too. There is a market in México and it will be exploited unless she changes her mind about her career and I doubt that's what will happen. Also I think that her popularity in México can have some spill over affect into the US if not by people in the US getting wind of her because of it, then by her being more available or amenable to going to the US or even because a large sense of popularity in that region of the world makes a difference. In fact, maybe a large sense of popularity anywhere outside her home country can make people think, ok, so she's internationally popular, maybe that means we should take a look.

On another note, frankly, I have tried many times now to listen to the radio here in Paris, and I don't know what it is that they think is so great about what they are listening to. It certainly is not too good for Alizée. Maybe one of these days the French will get tired of the style of music they listen to so much and take another listen to Alizée. They definitely have better music than I hear on the radio most of the time. Actually, RadioAtlantis is not that bad, but I apparently don't get that here. They have a lot of American stuff here that isn't my style. Alizée once said something like RnB being pretty much all Americans listen too and maybe we won't like her because of that or implied that. I think maybe that's just because that's mostly what the French import from the US. We have much more music that what they listen to! Though I did hear some Smashmouth the other day. Hey, I saw them at A Day in the Zone in Sacramento last year I think!

Merci Fanny
Old 08-11-2008, 04:19 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post

And Daft Punk has played here.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DbaOFkC8tQE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DbaOFkC8tQE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 08-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Alizée once said something like RnB being pretty much all Americans listen too and maybe we won't like her because of that or implied that. I think maybe that's just because that's mostly what the French import from the US. We have much more music that what they listen to! Though I did hear some Smashmouth the other day. Hey, I saw them at A Day in the Zone in Sacramento last year I think!
I think you're right, Roman. I don't think Alizée is completely aware of what is listened to in the USA. I would say at this point in time there is not as much variety on the airwaves in the US as there has been in the past, but it is still much more than she may realize. I think she can find a niche here if she wants to. I think we need to find her some more fans up front, though, to help out. If nothing else, she should spend a little time in the US and check out the possibilities for herself.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
On another note, frankly, I have tried many times now to listen to the radio here in Paris, and I don't know what it is that they think is so great about what they are listening to. It certainly is not too good for Alizée. Maybe one of these days the French will get tired of the style of music they listen to so much and take another listen to Alizée. They definitely have better music than I hear on the radio most of the time. Actually, RadioAtlantis is not that bad, but I apparently don't get that here. They have a lot of American stuff here that isn't my style. Alizée once said something like RnB being pretty much all Americans listen too and maybe we won't like her because of that or implied that. I think maybe that's just because that's mostly what the French import from the US. We have much more music that what they listen to! Though I did hear some Smashmouth the other day. Hey, I saw them at A Day in the Zone in Sacramento last year I think!
Of course that's not true. Americans don't just listen to RnB, they listen to Jonas Brothers, Emo bands, and rappers with too much money and STD's, isn't that right? (No offense, but isn't it? )

But anyways, in this community i've met a lot of people with so many diverse and intelligent traits, with open-mindedness, acceptance of difference, and other valuable assets. To the Americans of this board, you have broken your stereotypes, and I gotta say that's helped me make my decision to go see what I can do in the USA for Alizée (considering she's more interested with the US than the UK ). On a lighter note, I agree about the radio, I don't like it , good thing I packed my Steve Vai and Alizée discs .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
I don't think Snatcher is stupid or crazy, nor the other guys who want to work on getting Alizée here. I certainly think people like Snatcher understand the situation. He has been an Alizée fan since 2004. I don't think he has any delusions about her or her career.

I understand that she has been around a long time and if you think that it's too late for her here there in the U.S., then bye bye. But, some people think this might be a good time to have a go at it. It's as simple as that. If you want to try to support Alizée and get the word out, do it. If not, don't. There are many a musician/singer less well known and loved than Alizée who travel around the world and do concerts/shows.
Exactly. No room for disheartened hope, if at the slight you regret, you shall be terminated from the program! It's either help out, take a chance, stop thinking, and act. Or...you can sit there idly letting it all pass by, watching from the sidelines as the efforts succeed of fail, but i'd trade a seat at the sidelines for a piece of the action.

Now we've got that settled (again), who's in to help, and I mean like, seriously.