Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-17-2007, 12:35 PM

Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Amazon purchases

I was just on amazon.us and Alizee's new album is available for preorder. So.. I signed up for it. Then I thought, what the heck, I'll get "les Mots" by Farmer, as I have nothing of hers. Finallly, I was tempted to get En Concert, but there were a couple of negative reviews there that put me off a bit. I already have the first two Alizee albums btw. Anyway, anyone want to push me one way or the other on this last purchase? In the meantime, I am going to click the other tab "Amazon" and get the first two I mentioned...

Terry "the world's oldest Alizee fan"

My first album purchase was the Beatles White Album.... 1969
Old 11-17-2007, 12:52 PM
alizee >>> crack

Deus_Ex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I was just on amazon.us and Alizee's new album is available for preorder. So.. I signed up for it. Then I thought, what the heck, I'll get "les Mots" by Farmer, as I have nothing of hers. Finallly, I was tempted to get En Concert, but there were a couple of negative reviews there that put me off a bit. I already have the first two Alizee albums btw. Anyway, anyone want to push me one way or the other on this last purchase? In the meantime, I am going to click the other tab "Amazon" and get the first two I mentioned...

lol, her new cd IS my first album purchase ever

"I am a MARSmallow"

Old 11-17-2007, 12:57 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I went for the DVD myself...
Old 11-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

I would highly reccommend getting it. It is great to be able to hear the live versions of the songs, and the crowd cheering her on... It would be a loss not to have, so add it to your collection. You won't regret it!!

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I love the Alizée En Concert DVD ! I also have the live CD taken from the concert. I prefer to listen to many of the songs from this concert over the original studio recordings.

To be honest, I think JEAM and JPVA don't sound quite as good as the original studio recordings, but the performances are really fun to watch and the rest is really, really good. Also, you get to see Alizée performing live, which is a treat in itself. There are many magical moments, IMHO.

As a fan of Alizée, I can't imagine not having this DVD. If I lost it I'd buy another. Of course I already own 2 copies, just in case...
Old 11-17-2007, 01:36 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

I just preordered the Dlx album. Hopefully I'll get it by Christmas.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:49 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I have all three CD's and the DVD. The En Concert DVD is outstanding and it will keep you coming back for more. I don't listen to the En Concert CD because I ripped the audio off the DVD and put it on two CD's. The En Concert CD has an abbreviated version on Moi-Lolita. JPVA and another song were left off the audio CD because of space limitation. The En Concert should have been sold as a two CD package.
Buy the DVD, you will not be sorry. Remember it is PAL (European) and not NTSC that is the standard over here in the states. It will play on your computer and some DVD players that will convert between the two formats.
The negative responses are probably posted by people that can never be made happy.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:52 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Finallly, I was tempted to get En Concert, but there were a couple of negative reviews there that put me off a bit.
Get the DvD and watch it. The voice is a bit different (Concert versus studio mix), so if you've listened to the studio versions a lot the Concert versions will (at first) throw you off a bit. The WHOLE package (song, dance, expression, crowd interaction, other performers) is a first rate production.

Her voice alone is worth the price. But to see body and soul along with it....very wonderful.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I pre-ordered 2 of the Dlx versions from France a while ago, and I just pre-ordered 2 of the regular CD's from the USA.

Though it may be a long shot, I am hoping the USA shows respectable sales figures. It may influence decisions in the future of whether or not Alizée pays us a visit here. Wouldn't it be great if she took a few days off at some point to come over and appear as the musical guest on Leno, Letterman, or maybe SNL? A lot of people would be exposed to her and it wouldn't cost her much to do it. One can only hope.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Well thats a no brainier question for...i would get it....i ordered it off of Amazon and i am waiting for it to show up