Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-20-2015, 10:12 AM
Uber Leet Member

Geech is on a distinguished road

Dave, your initial post is very well stated!

We all have heavy hearts by this sick and twisted event. My thoughts and prays are with the victims, their families, and everyone that had to witness the events that unfolded on that dreaded day.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:50 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

The attacks were horryfying and have united the world as we all share same thoughts. Prayers for Paris victims.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:47 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

My prayers go out for all those in Paris. This kind of thing really should never happen in our civilized society.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 11-21-2015, 02:38 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

We pray for those affected in Paris, France, Europe, and the rest of the world. Sad indeed.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:36 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Well now it's deer season in Wisconsin (Hey, Mygogt, Hi!)...

So I shot a deer - doe a deer - it was coming right at me!

No, not really. What I'm trying to say is I hate guns, even though I used to be in the Army. Bullying is considered bad form these days, and I happen to think that using guns on animals, or people, is pretty much the ultimate form of cowardly bullying.

And terrorism is about the ultimate form of cowardice.

Paris, I love you. Vive la France, et caetera. I'd pray for you, if I was into that sort of thing. To BigDan, and all our other French correspondents, you know we think of France as "our oldest ally". Thanks for that Statue of Liberty, it would be nice if our country could someday give you guys something even half as wonderful in return. But what? No gift could ever be that cool, or that thoughtful. We're still stumped.

So just know that our thoughts are with you. The situation seems to have been expertly contained for now. A modicum of admiration for that.

And know that, of course, this too shall pass.

Toujours !

(So sorry for rambling/ranting, been up all night.)
Old 11-22-2015, 12:50 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

It is a very sad thing to have yet another senseless act of terrorism in Paris (Charlie Hebdo the last).

Talking with my friend who lives in Brussels yesterday, she is very frightened now by the whole thing with the shut down of their metro and public places (in Brussels) by the Belgium government.

We have adopted a phrase here "Boston Strong" to promote healing and fraternity after the Marathon bombing. In a similar manner let us chant... "Paris Forte". I suggested this to Geraldine Lepere who lives in Grenoble (she runs the Comme une Française YouTube Channel). She thought it a good idea!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the people of France. Don't let the terrorists win.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:57 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

France,

When I saw the news, my heart shattered. I was so overwhelmed with emotion I could hardly complete a thought. First, I was so saddened by this act of violence against innocent people who were all loved by someone. That sense of loss must have been profound.

Second, I was angry. But I refuse to dedicate any words to the people who did this.

Third, there was nothing I wanted more than to be there with you. There was nothing I could do except watch, and that shook me to my core. I have no medical training, but I wish I could have been there with the dying and injured if only to offer them a pair of loving eyes, or to hold their hand, or just to tell them, "Je t'aime."

In churches all across America we cried for you. In sports arenas, we paused and remembered your fallen souls. If you aren't one who prays, then I offer you my condolences and any words I can craft to make this loss easier for you. Although I doubt anything could make this less impactful.

So for now, please accept my prayers, thoughts, and all my love. Paris, France, you are the heart of this world and our heart broke. Stay strong, do not be afraid.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:42 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

If nobody objects, I will post a lot of these comments in the Alizée America Facebook page. I'll leave out names, even the forum names. As I mentioned before, I think more people in France will notice those comments in FB.

If I could use my flight benefits now, I would have flown to Paris to get a better feel of what happened and offer some support if there was a way I could, but as I mentioned in the Les Enfoires thread. I had rotator cuff surgery in august and I can't fly using company benefits until I'm able to go from light duty to full duty. Another rule they have concerning light duty is you cant work holidays. I guess their reasoning is they don't want you making the extra money from time and a half pay if you cant fulfill your normal duties. So I now have Thanksgiving off. I couldn't help but laugh when my supervisor told me that.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:29 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
If nobody objects, I will post a lot of these comments in the Alizée America Facebook page.
Since you asked, yes, I object.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:03 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

That surprises me seeing how you hadn't commented. I said I planned on not mentioning any names. Now this is not a private forum. Everything that is said, is visible to anyone on the internet. It certainly doesn't get as many looks as FB does, but it is out there. Now I can understand that as a general rule. None of us want someone quoting something what we said on any given day and posting it all over the internet. But my reasoning is, Alizée America Facebook is I feel an extension of the forum. It was formed some time ago and though I was one of the administrators or whatever you call it, It was run by other members. Recently, probably due to those other people not having the time to run it, it wasn't getting updated very often, so I took a more active role in that page.

Again I can see people not wanting what they said spread around the internet. But this is kind of a unique case. All that was said which was what I specified, words of support. I'm sure a lot more people see the FB page and probably more people in France and that was my main goal, to show the French, even if it only reaches a few, we do support them and to show them that we weren't just worried if Alizée was safe.

But since someone objected, I will not do it.