Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-21-2016, 05:25 PM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

He, she (or it) posted nothing new. About the "being fan" situation we are talking most always in chatbox. Most fans of her as singer lost their last hopes for return to singing, most after some interviews wher she called herself to be more dancer than singer, and that what she has done (6 albums) is enough for her. And of course, most fans are bored from dancing, dont find it interesting. And of course the thing with cancelled Blonde tour costed Alizee really much - her fans... simply after all the years, they (we) are tired from waiting for nothing.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:00 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I have to say with few exceptions, we get week after week the same thing with the tour. The only thing that varies is sometimes we get a better camera shot. Even with the song Fame, it's a song that's really out of her range. Maybe if she had worked on her voice more over the years, such wouldn't be the case.

I see more and more fans of the singer, fading away, and if she's gaining dancing fans, where are they?

But the main thing is she is happy with what she's doing. In fact, I think she is incredibly happy right now. She never wanted to be a Madonna or a Mylene Farmer. Corsica and family were the main things that mattered to her and she has that now.

I think it's going to be a very good year for 'her', but I think she'll lose a lot of fans. Though her fans helped her get through a difficult phase of her life, I think Mylene Farmer taught her that fans are a commodity and not something to be held closely. She values family first, Corsica a close second and fans, a very distant third.

Edit:

I was also kind of surprised to see this view and the number of views. So where are these views coming from?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-21-2016 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-22-2016, 01:37 PM

Answering my own question, thousands of people go to each of these shows depending on the venue size. Now maybe not all these views are Alizée fans or maybe they are or maybe they are fans of Greg? I'm guessing that though we're seeing a drop off in forum and FB fans for her, she still has a lot of fans out there, but the following numbers should tell us something.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:38 PM

I often have spoken of Chez Paulo in this thread. That's his Facebook name which is the name of his restaurant in Ajaccio. I think the name means house of Paulo. He's very active in FB. Here's an old picture I came across of Alizée (I'm 99% sure it's her) in front of his restaurant. I think the guy with him was either a friend or maybe one of the workers there. Not being sure, I blocked his face out.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:02 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

lol... its member of this forum.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7077
Old 02-23-2016, 06:14 AM

That's funny. It would have been nice if the picture wasn't so bright. I'd post the whole picture if I could get his approval.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-23-2016 at 02:24 PM..
Old 02-24-2016, 08:31 PM

Looks like Ske Leton got a couple of autographs at tonights show in Nice. He'll probably be posting some more pictures and videos tomorrow or maybe even later tonight. There's some info on this guy in his FB profile. He lives down the coast away from Nice, about halfway between Marseille and Nice. He attended college in Paris. He speaks 4 different languages. Not much else except it looks like he apparently discovered Alizée ' la chanteuse' in 2013.

EDIT: I sent Ske Leton a short message and he said he didn't know her before 2013 and said it was the first time in his life he cared to follow a celebrity.

Virginie Nini also posted the bottom picture. What a great smile on Alizée's face! Nini is from Toulouse.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-24-2016 at 09:11 PM..
Old 02-24-2016, 10:37 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road
Smile

Ske Leton said it was the first time in his life he cared to follow a celebrity.

I find this an interesting comment because I too have never cared to follow a celebrity before Alizee although I have enjoyed many artists before her. It mystifies me as to what it is about Alizee that is so irresistible. She is beautiful, but certainly not the most beautiful pop star. I enjoy her music, but I enjoy the music of many stars. Even so, I have never taken an interest in the private life of any other artist. I think it has something to do with the fact that she is an introvert and so am I, but I don't think that is nearly enough to explain the phenomenon. I have a sense that she is approachable while knowing Alizee is not at all approachable. Certainly she is approachable to her family and a few close friends, but she is not comfortable with strangers, and I think she has not worked the international market, especially Mexico, as ardently as she might have because she is not comfortable outside of France. So what is her magic? I don't know.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:18 PM

I too have never sought a celebrity's autograph until Alizée came along, even in a city that has had a lot of sports heroes and I've been a big sports fan all my life. Bobby Orr, Larry Bird, Bill Russell, Pedro Martinez, Tom Brady.....been to many of their games, but never cared about an autograph.

As far as Alizée, I think the term "je ne sais quoi" never had a more applicable meaning.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-24-2016 at 11:20 PM..
Old 02-25-2016, 02:08 PM

Ske Leton posted some great pictures today and he says he is uploading more to Youtube. I'm still not sure of the etiquette or protocol of posting other people's pictures or videos on AlizéeAmerica's FB page. For instance with Ske Leton, I find I'm able to post most of his pictures, but I found others were not allowed to be posted for whatever reason. So I asked him today if it was okay to repost his material, of course giving him credit. He said okay and I said I didn't even have to mention his name.

I think he's relatively new to all this, so I warned him there are people who will take his pictures and videos and put their own signature on it, making it look like they were the owners.

I also saw in here some discussion of the benefits of Facebook. I usually prefer this forum for discussion because in FB, a topic will quickly fade out of view. But with hopes of a new album fading fast or are they gone for good and things slowing down in the forum, FB offers an interesting addition to the following of Alizee's career and life. Plus with so much going on for Alizée now, we get to see a lot more pictures which are a lot easier to post on FB.

It was interesting to find out about AIFC, which seems to be by far the most active Alizée Facebook page and that's because, even though they are based in France, most of their fans are from Mexico.

It was very interesting to have a brief exchange of messages with Jo Jacotey himself over some pictures he posted. He added me as a friend and because of that, when ever he posts a picture and he posts a lot, they post on my page so I don't even have to go searching for them.

Chatting with Ske Leton who was at the carnival and the tournee show in Nice last night was interesting. I hope to get more details from him when things calm down for him.

Chez Paulo, who owns that restaurant (I'm not sure if it's still a pizzeria too) in Ajaccio because of my donation to the Mary Do charity, added me as a friend. He is very active on FB in political and cultural ways and again, anything he posts, shows up on my FB page.

Earlier last year, when it was at a relatively slow time for Alizée, it seemed like all the Alizée FB pages were pretty much the same thing. They'd post the a number of pictures and videos from the past and usually with the same small group of people posting all the time. The only good it seemed to do is keep the fans from Mexico and some of her die hard fans interested. AIFC used to post about 20 different pictures or videos a day and they were getting good results, but I don't think it was from young French fans or at least enough to make a diffrence which is what she needs.

I saw not many posts were being made in our FB page, so I started making 3 or 4 posts a day. I use material from all eras even if it was an era I wasn't that crazy about. I'm afraid if I use more, I might run out of material and when I can, I add new stuff, such as videos from SAGA or even a little clip I showed recently of an apparent screw up in a Les Enfoires show I was at, drew a surprising amount of interest.

My main hope is to keep up interest, just in case she comes to her senses and realizes the world desperately needs another album from her.

My time off from work, which will continue till April has allowed me to discover more about FB and the people who are a part of it. It's an interesting site. It has it's plusses and it's minuses, but I think it can be a great tool when properly used by the forum.