Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 01:37 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
As far as the next one goes, I cast my vote for T@keo's cap of the June 18th concert too. It's a little shaky at the beginning, but more than makes up for it as it goes along--it's extremely well-shot and produced for a bootleg. Next weekend is no good for me, unfortunately, but do we want to tentatively say the weekend of Jan 24/25?
Yeah, it's a little long to wait, but probably 31st is better because of Les Enfoirés, but it gives us time to start to prepare before that week too. I don't know if any will be as good as this one, but it gives us excuse to watch those videos and really pay attention and stuff, and I do like the idea of meeting regularly with an agenda so that it's easier to come up with something to talk about. Again, we should put it on the calendar.
I mean sure, this whole forum is about posting whatever topic and talking about it, but .... well, you know. You were there.
That concert was a very special one, I think the length and format and everything and everyone knows it and it's easier to mark notes, by song than a non concert. Anyway, I guess we need to prepare well with whatever comments and trivia there is for the next one.
So, I haven't compared the 2008 concert videos in a while, but if you say T@keo's cap of the June 18th, then I'm going with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Indeed. I also have an explanation for 2003 to save. Though as a bit of an interesting teaser I'll say that amazing as she is there, it actually has little to do with Alizée herself (nor Jessica either really, though she's pretty great too! .
I knew it! Ben has a thing for Flavie Flament.

Quote:
Ruroshen: "Which still doesn't explain the kindergarden teacher..."
(Kindergarden teacher being the guy playing the acoustic guitar)
It's Ben Stiller man! I told you. He's cool. He can play for Alizée.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-13-2009, 03:30 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
Thank's for the lols guys.
This event was awsome and we must do something similair again.
All hopes lies with you Ruroshen when it comes to a public release of this chat.
I'm stuck in Audacity..
You got most of the good one-liners, Tom! Roman's Ben Stiller comment and Jung's explanation for why the kindergarten teacher got hired also really cracked me up.

I'm at about the 45 minute mark in the editing, roughly halfway. The sound quality is going to be pretty uneven, I'm afraid. Most of us had our DVDs turned up way high, so there's a lot of background noise to scrub out, and I'm having mixed results. Next time we do this, I'm doing a sound check first to make sure our mics don't pick up our TVs!
Old 01-13-2009, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
You got most of the good one-liners, Tom! Roman's Ben Stiller comment and Jung's explanation for why the kindergarten teacher got hired also really cracked me up.

I'm at about the 45 minute mark in the editing, roughly halfway. The sound quality is going to be pretty uneven, I'm afraid. Most of us had our DVDs turned up way high, so there's a lot of background noise to scrub out, and I'm having mixed results. Next time we do this, I'm doing a sound check first to make sure our mics don't pick up our TVs!
sorry man. It sounded fine at the time of course.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Well you can't really capture the moments with quotes anyway. I guess you guys have to wait for the real thing to be released, that was more like a teaser.

About the sound quality and all issues about the recorded chat.

This recording is really funny and I think it went really well, but it feelt a bit... Well... Random. Atleast to put on an actual DVD audio track which was the initial idea, right? And another thing is that the commenting won't synch with the time line of the DVD after you have trimmed away the gaps and such from the discussions.

I think we should do En Concert again at a later stage somewhere in the near future, when we have become more used to commenting (Atleast me, you guys were like on fire or something) and got everything set up in a better fashion. I know we were joking about doing it several times but I don't think that's such a bad idea actually.

We don't have all that many DVD's to play around with and En Concert is really precious to... Well everyone. I wouldn't mind getting it perfect if you know what I mean. Hell I wouldn't mind if we wrote a manus and rehearsed it for 10 times to make it ÜbEr 0wnZ00r H@X tight, if you pardon my french

Part from that I guess I'm not very happy with my contribution. When I listened to it I realized that I, at times, come off as an complete sadistic basterd, even thou I really didn't mean to. And it really bothers me.

Today was the first day of an english class I've just joined and hopefully I will improve my spoken english in time so please bear with me

Next target is T@keo's right?

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 01-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And another thing is that the commenting won't synch with the time line of the DVD after you have trimmed away the gaps and such from the discussions.
I don't think he's gonna cut any gaps after the point where we hit play on the DVD, right Ruroshen? I haven't heard the recording yet, but it felt like we were keeping pretty good sync while doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I knew it! Ben has a thing for Flavie Flament.
Heh heh, you know she's not bad... But no, that's not it.

Last edited by Ben; 01-13-2009 at 08:30 PM..
Old 01-13-2009, 08:12 PM

lowbeam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Part from that I guess I'm not very happy with my contribution. When I listened to it I realized that I, at times, come off as an complete sadistic basterd, even thou I really didn't mean to. And it really bothers me.
You're being too hard on yourself, you sounded fine. I, on the other hand, sounded like am idiot but I'm so used to that it doesn't bother me anymore
Old 01-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Just be glad Paenguin was with ME and not with you guys in the vent.
She might have scared you with her prime choices of disposal for hated people (which comprise of 95% of the people she knows.)
Old 01-14-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Just be glad Paenguin was with ME and not with you guys in the vent.
She might have scared you with her prime choices of disposal for hated people (which comprise of 95% of the people she knows.)
yeah, I think I could do without that. Not really into that whole scene.

As for how people sound. I better not listen to it lest I should hear myself. and I don't like how I sound on recordings anyway.

I created a new thread for this discussion for the next event and put it on the calendar:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...082#post124082

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 01-14-2009 at 12:43 AM..
Old 01-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
I don't think he's gonna cut any gaps after the point where we hit play on the DVD, right Ruroshen?
Right. I am tightening up the conversation from before we start the DVD and after we finish, but all I'm doing to the audio during the actual commentary is filtering out as much background noise as I can, as well as removing any clicks or echoes left over from Vent. If you press play on the DVD in time with the countdown, it should still sync up OK.

And everybody is being way too hard on themselves. Everyone sounds great, and it honestly surpassed what expectations I had going into it. I was worried it might be awkward, but everybody was surprisingly comfortable, and demonstrated a lot of energy, and everyone's personalities really shone through. It really is a nice balance of humor, trivia, gentle criticism and fanboy gushing. Of course, there's always going to be things we wish we'd said or done differently (eg. number of times Ruro says "this is my favorite part" = 5 ), but even the parts you guys are pointing to as flaws really add to the character of it.

Honestly, you should all be proud at how it turned out. I know I am.

Mod edit: Thread continues here with the recording!
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4501

Last edited by Ben; 01-19-2009 at 12:58 AM..
Closed Thread

Tags
chat, en concert, ventrilo