Old 06-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Default 14 Décembre

Please discuss:
1)What this song means to you.
2)What do you feel about this song.
3)What you like/don't like, and why.
4)How good it is from a musical standpoint.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Please refrain from using one-line comments (ex. "I Agree" "It's Awesome")
__________________________________________________ _______________

1)This song makes me think of exhaustion from people being constantly watched. It's like a celebrity being under a constant barrage of stares because the paparazzis are waiting for them to do something bad. It is also biblical. Jesus was under persecution and constantly being watched to see if he would mess up. And he was getting tired of it. The song also mentions crosses haha.

Night after night
My life
Under a continuous barrage of stares
Evening after evening

2)This song is great and has a good meaning behind it. It is pretty gloomy though. I feel the person in the song is so tired of being watched that they either want to lock themselves up in a room, run away, or even commit suicide. So yes, I guess it's a darker song.

Fourteenth night of December
The moon opens a lysergic eye
My taxi with darkened windows
As if without a pilot, speeds by on automatic

In that stanza I think the person is running away under the veil of night to get away from everyone. Possibly leaving NYC.

3)I like the lyrics alot. They have good meaning and show how its not that great to be famous. The music is amazing and upbeat. Her dark deep tone in her voice keeps the song dark while the bright instruments balance out the mood/tone.

4)The song is very bouncy because of the offset drum beat. I love her voice when it drops in pitch, "Aaaaahhhhh", so amazing

I love when she says Mon Taxi

All the synth effects are amazing. And I love the guitar effect in the background. A great song musically.

Last edited by User22; 06-26-2010 at 01:47 PM..
Old 06-25-2010, 08:59 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

This song is just all around great. It has slow, and chill beats. It even has a little upbeat, and happy tone to it too. I think the beat, like the rest of the album, is just great. I think they do a great job switching from different moods/parts of the song to other moods/parts of the song with the music and beat. It flows very nicely. And her voice is just wonderful too.

I find it to be a very nice and chill song yet well rounded so I can listen to it whenever.

The calmer parts of the song take me to a wonderful place. More of a wonderful night time setting. Even without knowing of the lyrics and song title, the place is at night in the snow.

The more chill and "going" part brings me to a more busy and going mood or even just chillin' and cruising the town.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
I find it to be a very nice and chill song yet well rounded so I can listen to it whenever.
Yes, it is like Mario on any game; his stats are All-Around and is good to use at any time I like how Alizee would understand that since she plays Super Mario Bros. Wii and plays games all the time Sorry a bit off topic...
Old 06-25-2010, 10:00 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Yes, it is like Mario on any game; his stats are All-Around and is good to use at any time I like how Alizee would understand that since she plays Super Mario Bros. Wii and plays games all the time Sorry a bit off topic...
Actually... not THAT off topic really lol. I was actually thinking about putting how this album sometimes reminds me of old Nintendo games and Mario and stuff lol. Like some of the electronic music just has that kind of old school sense to it ya know. Kind of like some of the bass in this song. Weird, but I am somtimes reminded of old video games like that at times with this album lol.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:49 PM

AI thats what I have thought too! Une Fille Difficile shows it so much haha. And this one does have a good bass that shows that video-game type music too....
Old 03-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

It might just be the fact that the album was released 2 years ago now, but this song always ends up making me terribly nostalgic. Especially the instrumental beginning around 2:21... Makes me realize how fast time flies, even though when you're in the thick of things it seems to drag on. So strange.

Tags
14 decembre, alizee, discussion, song, ueds