Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

It's just so weird picturing Alizee with her Gourman hair at a microphone singing Abracadabra.
I dunno it's just weird. I need to look up translations to what that song is about.
And wait! I can just go to the Alizee Song Translation Database Thread
Old 07-23-2010, 08:20 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

As I said earlier, some people may skip the slower songs because the faster paced songs might fit the mood a little better and I understand. I also completely understand that people may skip Abracadabra. It's not completely bad or anything and I still listen to it. I don't always skip it but I have often done so. I believe it is the only song I've ever skipped in not wanting to listen to it. I mean, there is that damn cat, ya know. Then, to me, it kinda has that halloweeny feeling to it... you know, that cheesy kind of halloween feeling to it like, ooo scary... no, not really... However, if I haven't heard the song in a while I will listen to it but it is definitely not one that I will listen to over and over or too often. I do like how she whispers abracadabra though. Like she's casting a spell on me

Then there are those of you who despise Décollage... I LOVE that song . I don't know why, but I just really like it. For me, it has a nice beat and is kind of catchy. Plus there are just a few parts that I really find cute .
Old 07-23-2010, 11:07 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
Then there are those of you who despise Décollage... I LOVE that song . I don't know why, but I just really like it. For me, it has a nice beat and is kind of catchy. Plus there are just a few parts that I really find cute .
First time I heard that song I remember saying out loud: "What the hell?" And then a few minutes into it I again said, "What the hell?" It was the first time hearing Alizée rap so it was really strange to say the least. It wasn't until maybe 2008 or 2009 when I got used to it that I started to like it. In fact, when I listen to Psych now, I'll only listen to 50/60, PLP and Décollage if I know I don't have much time to listen to the entire album. So I agree - Décollage is underrated. I also like the way she laughs during some of those parts. It's such a naughty yet cute laugh.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

I like Abracadabra. the first time I played it, my cat perked his ears up and started looking around to find the cat meowing. I laughing so hard . so that's why I like the song and don't skip it.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèvier View Post
I like Abracadabra. the first time I played it, my cat perked his ears up and started looking around to find the cat meowing. I laughing so hard . so that's why I like the song and don't skip it.
Jajajaja. But yah I am trying to remember who has it but there is a Non-Cat Meowing version of Abracadabra because someone cut the stupid cats out of it which would make it a better song. Gonna try and find it.

But yah Decollage is so Underated. I like how she does that short but naughty laugh too
Old 07-25-2010, 03:18 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I'm very very guilty of this

I always skip Mon Taxi Driver, Mon Maquis, La Candida, and.. that one last track on
Gourmand with the really long name. They're all just kinda boring, I guess?

I only play Abracadabra in full length (out loud, that is, otherwise it's also skipped) because it makes Morrissey (my cat) go all hyper-cat. It's pretty funny!

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 07-25-2010, 03:31 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Cour deja pris. I listen to it often. It's a mood song, with a darkness that contrasts nicely with Alizée's peppy songs. Laurent's composition is very nice. I like the use of woodwinds, and the oriental motif.

That said, it contains perhaps my most favorite softly sung phrase.

"Retiens-moi pour l'amour de l'autre".

Alizée's vibrato on "moi" is so wonderful, I actually captured it pictorially:

Old 07-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I'm very very guilty of this

I always skip Mon Taxi Driver, Mon Maquis, La Candida, and.. that one last track on
Gourmand with the really long name. They're all just kinda boring, I guess?

I only play Abracadabra in full length (out loud, that is, otherwise it's also skipped) because it makes Morrissey (my cat) go all hyper-cat. It's pretty funny!
same thing with my cat! jaja, cats are so funny

Old 07-25-2010, 01:37 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis<3Alizée View Post
I looove all of her slow songs, I'm a big fan for Parler Tout Bas!
Parler Tout Bas is one of my favourites on Gourmandises, as is Lui Ou Toi, they're both so powerful and amazing. I think that to properly enjoy the slow songs you need to be in the right mood or frame of mind- that's why people often skip them. The Lili songs I would skip if I listened to a playlist of all her music would be Abracadabra, JBG (it just really annoys me, sorry!) and Décollage. But I do think it helps to have separate "good mood songs" and "slow songs" playlists depending on what mood I'm in. This isn't exclusively for Alizée either, I do it for all the music I listen to.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
OMG SAME! My cat hated it (that is before she got deaf ) and used to run away outside or start yowling!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
Couer Deja Pris is beautiful if you have the patience for it.
Well said!! The same goes for Idéaliser and À Quoi Rêve Une Jeune Fille... I wasn't much of a fan of them at first, but once I gave them a chance they became amongst my favourite songs from the three albums they're from.

Last edited by babyblue558; 07-25-2010 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I only skip En Concert... it's a visual experience

Tags
alizee, awesome, bedefinitely, slow, songs