Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 12-11-2012, 08:13 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Sony Music France is working on getting her new video available worldwide as we speak. Now how long will it take to get the copyright barrier down? We don't know. Let's just hope very soon.
but not only video, but this special event too...

Old 12-11-2012, 11:54 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

RMJ reported the winners who get to listen to the album first, have to have a French address which Karin mentioned but I don't think everyone quite understood.

I think the fact that the video initialy was not able to be viewed in other countries was not a case of Sony ignoring her foreign fans but more of a case of them focusing on their priorities. Their first focus is to make sure it succeeds in France. That's where it needs to have success.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-11-2012 at 12:02 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
RMJ reported the winners who get to listen to the album first, have to have a French address which Karin mentioned but I don't think everyone quite understood.

I think the fact that the video initialy was not able to be viewed in other countries was not a case of Sony ignoring her foreign fans but more of a case of them focusing on their priorities. Their first focus is to make sure it succeeds in France. That's where it needs to have success.
That's true, they know she has support elsewhere so it makes sense to focus on making it work at home.
If she can make it back to the top (or at least be big again) in France, she can do it anywhere.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:20 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Their first focus is to make sure it succeeds in France. That's where it needs to have success.
Why?

I must be really stupid because I still don't understand this approach at all.

If I made a record (God forbid) here in the UK and the good people of Britain decided it was a pile of crap but the good people of China or India decided it was the best thing since sliced bread I'd be more than happy for millions of Chinese or Indian people to buy it. I still don't understand why ANY company trying to sell ANY product would limit potential sales by restricting its marketing to a single domestic market. What am I missing here?
Old 12-11-2012, 01:49 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Why?

I must be really stupid because I still don't understand this approach at all.

If I made a record (God forbid) here in the UK and the good people of Britain decided it was a pile of crap but the good people of China or India decided it was the best thing since sliced bread I'd be more than happy for millions of Chinese or Indian people to buy it. I still don't understand why ANY company trying to sell ANY product would limit potential sales by restricting its marketing to a single domestic market. What am I missing here?
That would be fine if the whole world spoke one language, but we don't. I've seen so much of it in this country with my attempts to promote her music. So many people enjoy the sound of her voice, they enjoy the music, but so much is lost to them, because they can't understand the story.

I believe it was said early on that the focus of this album will be her French fans, which of course means the album will be almost entirely in French, so it will mean the most to those who speak French, so it's most important for them to focus on French speaking people. Now though there are many French speaking fans around the world, the largest concentration is in France, and after 2 albums that at best saw mediocre success, she has to concentrate on an area that understands French, but I think also on fans that will feel a certain loyalty to someone who is from France.

If she can not succeed in France, she wont succeed elsewhere. Do I get a free eclair for mentioning France or French so many times?

EDIT: I think there is also the possibility if this album does well in France, they might rewrite a song or 2 into English and then focus on her foreign fans.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-11-2012 at 05:52 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 02:35 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Yes, because if the video is available in other countries, it will affect the french market... ¿?

And making the video available everywhere is a really difficult task. Probably hitting two buttons in a control panel...
Copyrights? Can someone remind me her last album sellings? I bet she is making at least ten dollars every year from the royalties of that album...

It is a horrible decision.
Yes, come and preorder my beautiful collector box, I will include a nice mirror, but you are not allowed to watch my video like other artists do... Makes sense.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

This thing reminds me of the competition album party thing back in 2007.. where many fans from France got to experience the album with Alizée.

Well to reminisce.. just check out the part from 5:50 mins of this video.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AXzk0NhoLUs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm sure we will get to see some familiar faces from the Alizée France forum once again if this event makes it to video.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 12-11-2012, 06:03 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
This thing reminds me of the competition album party thing back in 2007.. where many fans from France got to experience the album with Alizée.

Well to reminisce.. just check out the part from 5:50 mins of this video.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AXzk0NhoLUs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm sure we will get to see some familiar faces from the Alizée France forum once again if this event makes it to video.
yea... but according to infos... If I understood good... there are only 2 places free... sooo... Alizée + 2 persons, or Alizée + 2winners + WHO?

Old 12-11-2012, 06:20 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That would be fine if the whole world spoke one language, but we don't.

If she can not succeed in France, she wont succeed elsewhere. Do I get a free eclair for mentioning France or French so many times?
You can have a special eclair with real gold flakes on it Scruffy, I love France and french things, and I appreciate your taking the time to respond but it still doesn't add up in my head. I take your point about the language issue, to an extent, but I come back to the whole 'Psy' thing and I don't think too many people around the world speak Korean but that did not prevent overnight global success did it? I would also point to the Mexican fan-base and the sales figures there for the psychs album.

What has Sony or Alizee got to lose by putting this promotional video out to the widest audience possible? eg via Youtube?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
yea... but according to infos... If I understood good... there are only 2 places free... sooo... Alizée + 2 persons, or Alizée + 2winners + WHO?
Oh.. I thought there were already many winners, but still 2 places to be filled.

Well on another note.. why do the stars only come out at night? Maybe they're just pinpricks in the curtain of night.. who knows?

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Tags
a cause de l'automne, alizee, contest, music, tweet, video, vote