Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-03-2017, 11:45 PM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Now View Post
The "Alizee in Japan" video starts with a short interaction between her and whoever is filming. ...

I think it was her mom who was filming.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:48 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Really????....What makes you think that???
Old 07-04-2017, 12:19 AM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Really????....What makes you think that???

Well, I'm not absolutely sure about it, but as far as I know her mom went together with Alizée to Japan, and she had a video camera that she used for filming zée occasionally.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Now View Post
I have a specific question concerning Alizee. The "Alizee in Japan" video starts with a short interaction between her and whoever is filming. It's a cool little snippet and rather unusual of her to take spontaneous initiative like this. My limited French is not sufficient for deciphering what they are saying, could anyone offer a translation for the first 10 seconds of this video?

This clip is one of my favorites of Alizee. Not only is she absolutely stunning, the part where she is being interviewed by the press, where she glances at the camera, looks away, then quickly returns the glance and starts sticking her tongue out between her teeth simply melts me every time.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:06 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

As Alizee is a big fan of Nutella, I thought this news post about the French going nuts over Nutella might be interesting. So, what is the big deal about the French and Nutella? The French are famous for their gourmet food, but Nutella? Is there something gourmet about Nutella?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/26/opini...lla/index.html
Old 01-28-2018, 09:34 AM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Is there something gourmet about Nutella?
I dont think so. Nutella is mainly a sugar and modified oil spread with hazelnuts, cocoa, and a hint of skim milk powder.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:53 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

It also has a horrible nutritional label. This is something you don't want to get hooked on, unless you have the metabolism of a hummingbird.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:03 AM

VitaminAlizée333 is on a distinguished road

Almond butter :P or better yet cashew or walnut as it has omega-3s
Old 08-25-2019, 02:00 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Does Alizée need to wear contact lenses/glasses?

I've read many "theories" about this, but don't know what is actually true.
What is sure is that she wore glasses when she was a kid because during an interview she said that some of the other kids mocked her for that. But there are also more recent photos of her wearing them.
That's probably why some say she wears contact lenses now.
I was thinking that she could wear glasses only when she reads (or things like that) for a long time to avoid tiring her eyes, because there are many people who uses this kind of glasses. If so, she shouldn't need contact lenses.
So do you know anything more about this?
Old 08-25-2019, 06:22 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

`Well that's kind of a deep subject because there are options now for people with vision problems. She definitely wore them when she was young, but was it for distance or close up, or both? That's hard to say.

I think she did wear contacts at some point. I wore contacts myself for several years and I recognize some signs where she reached for her eyes that to me indicated they were either bothering her or slipping out of position.

Now I believe there is a picture out there of when she was sitting in front of a computer in her place in Paris and I believe she had glasses on which would indicate she needed them for close up vision.

Now, of course, there are options out there for people with vision problems and I'll tell you what has gone on with my vision over the years.

When I was younger, My distant vision wasn't that good, but I had excellent close-up vision, being able to read the tiniest of print. I was also very vain about my poor distant vision, not wanting anyone to know that I needed to wear glasses.
When I got into my mid-40s, Radial Keratotomy was something I decided to try. That's where they actually cut into your eye, which changes the shape, thus changing your vision. I was living in Georgia at the time and the doctor I went to was one of the first doing it in this country and he was very good at it. He recommended only doing one eye. That way you have good distant vision in one eye and good close up vision in the other. He told me about a cop who was on a swat team who had it done that way. He wanted good distant vision for aiming his weapon, then good close up vision for reloading it. He said later this cop wanted the other eye done too, when he joined the sniper team.

So my vision was excellent after that with no real problems. But I had to take a vision test at work where you look into a machine at different things. One was a series of dots in these different patterns. The dots within these circles were supposed to be at different depths that you should be able to detect. I could not tell the depths of those dots in any way. But still, I've had no problems with my depth perception in real life.

When I got into my late 50s, my vision changed again. I no longer had good close up vision in either eye, but as far as my distant vision it switched. I now had good long-distance vision in the one I didn't have the rk procedure done in, but the one I did have the rk procedure in, wasn't as good. Still, my vision for driving purposes of which I recently took a test, is still considered 20/20.
I just hope if Alizee has problems with her close up vision, that Greg leaves the seat down.

depth resized.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-25-2019 at 06:26 PM..

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline