Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1181  
Old 06-07-2017, 12:49 AM
Shepherd's Avatar
Shepherd Shepherd is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 511
Shepherd is on a distinguished road
Default

A suggested tattoo for Alizee's left arm.

Reply With Quote
  #1182  
Old 12-01-2017, 09:21 AM
CleverCowboy's Avatar
CleverCowboy CleverCowboy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 185
CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road
Default

I am late to this party, and I didn't get a chance to read all 119 pages of posts, so forgive me if I am redundant about something that might have been suggested before. I have thought about Alizee's tattoos quite a bit and why she did it, and while I find some well-placed SMALL tattoos on a woman kind of sexy, I am very disappointed with Alizee's choices.

In my mid 20's, I married a beautiful, petite woman who was 19. Our first baby came soon after (sound familiar?). Bearing children is the single most important contribution a woman makes to this world, but it comes with a price. My wife at that time (now ex for 5 years) put on 60 pounds during pregnancy, and once the baby was born, much of that weight remained. Plus stretch marks on top of it all. She had a tough time looking in the mirror for years, and it took years to work off that weight, but never achieved losing it all. For the husband, it takes A LOT of reinforcement of your love and attraction to them, but all they see is what is in the mirror.

For Alizee, she was in the prime of her career when she became pregnant. Smoking hot body. Eight months later, it was "fat" Alizee in her mind. Then it was "mom" Alizee. Who knows what went on behind closed doors with her then husband Jeremy? Maybe he had a wandering eye, maybe worse. I believe he was in love/lust with Alizee the pop star, not Alizee the mother of his child.

I believe insecurity and probably depression (as Scruffydog suggested) prompted Alizee to reinvent herself. With her sexy body gone for good (remember, in HER eyes), shock value would hopefully jump start her career again. Blond hair and tattoos fit the bill.

At times, I feel sad for Alizee. My gut feel is that her marriage to Jeremy was very bumpy, however, I don't know that for a fact or anything. She is precious in my eyes, tattoos or not.
Reply With Quote
  #1183  
Old 12-02-2017, 07:32 AM
Scruffydog777's Avatar
Scruffydog777 Scruffydog777 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Boston
Age: 64
Posts: 5,206
Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default

As far as Jeremy is concerned, I guess we'll never know the real reason because she is so private about things like that. I believe she said during DALS that she failed her family but I doubt if anyone beleives that. You see her incredible devotion to Corsica and her family, especially Annily and you have to believe her devotion to Jeremy was no less and I think he started to lose interest annd wander. Alizee I'm sure hung in there and hung in there and didn't give up until all hope was lost.

As far as the tats, I'm sure I was the one who bashed her most about that. It was so hard for me to accept that somone which such a great gift of beauty could throw it away like that. l'll leave it at that because too much has been said already.
Reply With Quote
  #1184  
Old 12-03-2017, 03:27 AM
Rev's Avatar
Rev Rev is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Floating on the web.
Posts: 2,670
Rev is on a distinguished road
Default

She said the polite thing during DALS - that there was something she failed to do. This prevented any public mudslinging, thus protecting Annily.

There were hints near the end of the relationship of issues that were Jeremy's fault, including a posting from Alizée, seemingly out of nowhere, that real men don't buy girls. It was at the same time that an issue like this had been brought to the surface involving a celebrity, however Alizée's commenting on it was unusual, and really had no direct motivation that I could see other than likely stemming from personal pain.
__________________
--- pace e salute ---
Reply With Quote
  #1185  
Old 12-03-2017, 12:25 PM
ALS's Avatar
ALS ALS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,373
ALS is on a distinguished road
Default

Scruffydog you weren't the only one, I was right there with you concerning Alizée's tattoos.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1186  
Old 12-03-2017, 04:17 PM
CleverCowboy's Avatar
CleverCowboy CleverCowboy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 185
CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
..including a posting from Alizée, seemingly out of nowhere, that real men don't buy girls.
This is an unusual comment and can mean a number of things. Maybe a translation issue (if she posted in English)? I didn't realize she posted on this site. Perhaps provide a link, or her forum name?

It gives a tone of being betrayed, and for a young, tender heart, this is real pain, as you suggested. I hope she has found relief from it, because these kind of scars can last a very long time.
Reply With Quote
  #1187  
Old 12-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Scruffydog777's Avatar
Scruffydog777 Scruffydog777 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Boston
Age: 64
Posts: 5,206
Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
She said the polite thing during DALS - that there was something she failed to do. This prevented any public mudslinging, thus protecting Annily.

There were hints near the end of the relationship of issues that were Jeremy's fault, including a posting from Alizée, seemingly out of nowhere, that real men don't buy girls. It was at the same time that an issue like this had been brought to the surface involving a celebrity, however Alizée's commenting on it was unusual, and really had no direct motivation that I could see other than likely stemming from personal pain.
It's so rare of Alizée to say something critical of someone else. One of the few times I remember was her criticizing Jenifer, who used to be her friend and who has often performed in Corsica, over something to do with an album Jenifer put out and I 'think' it might have to do with the fact that Jenifer might have stolen her idea for an album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
This is an unusual comment and can mean a number of things. Maybe a translation issue (if she posted in English)? I didn't realize she posted on this site. Perhaps provide a link, or her forum name?

It gives a tone of being betrayed, and for a young, tender heart, this is real pain, as you suggested. I hope she has found relief from it, because these kind of scars can last a very long time.
Again for her to say something critical is something that is very hard for her to bring herself to do. It's just not her nature and as you say, it must've taken a deep sense of betrayal for her to speak out.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Scruffydog you weren't the only one, I was right there with you concerning Alizée's tattoos.
Though not many spoke out, I think there were a lot of fans who were bothered by what went on.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-03-2017 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Reply With Quote
  #1188  
Old 12-03-2017, 06:54 PM
CleverCowboy's Avatar
CleverCowboy CleverCowboy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 185
CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As far as Jeremy is concerned, I guess we'll never know the real reason because she is so private about things like that. I believe she said during DALS that she failed her family but I doubt if anyone beleives that. You see her incredible devotion to Corsica and her family, especially Annily and you have to believe her devotion to Jeremy was no less and I think he started to lose interest and wander.
This breaks my heart. One of the reasons that it does is because they split in 2012, which is the year my wife of 23 years and I divorced. When it is final, the stages of grief is already in the acceptance stage, so the years leading up to the end is much more painful. For me, 2011 was the worst year of my life. I watched Alizee so much during that year to help me get through emotionally, realizing only now that her own personal pain probably matched mine at the same time. I can only hope she had some kind of support system to help her through.

With my ex, she had a lifelong personality disorder that I was completely oblivious of until 18 years into the marriage. She was getting worse as she aged. Long story short, it was a complete stranger that identified the condition and started me on a five year long journey into the world of behavioral science and human psychology to help me cope and to learn response tools to try to save the marriage. I became somewhat of a layman psychologist, and helped me to this day become more "people smart".

I'm not a subscriber to astrological mumbo-jumbo, but there is something to be said about personality traits of people born during certain times of the year. Alizee and myself almost have the same birth dates. From what I know about her, she is basically a shy, reserved, and private person, which is just like myself. What I am willing to bet the house on is that she is also fiercely loyal. Her saying at DALS that she failed the family, to me, is that she has regrets that she gave up, which violated one of her core principles. Maybe she feels guilt that if she stuck with it "just a little longer", it would have worked out. Maybe she didn't try that "one last thing" that only occurs to you once it is too late. Sometimes being shy and reserved sucks, as pain is internalized and the mind ruminates over problems seemingly forever.

I'm going to bite my tongue at this point over the most probable scenario surrounding this relationship. What is important is that she is out and with Gregoire, and I hope he treats her well as she deserves.
Reply With Quote
  #1189  
Old 12-03-2017, 08:02 PM
ALS's Avatar
ALS ALS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,373
ALS is on a distinguished road
Default

Scruffydog, the writing was all over the wall on her tattoo's. We lost people on the board when Tinker Bell went on her back. The beginning of the largest exodus of members started with Sailor Moon and accelerated as she covered her arm.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1190  
Old 12-04-2017, 12:17 AM
Scruffydog777's Avatar
Scruffydog777 Scruffydog777 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Boston
Age: 64
Posts: 5,206
Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default

Of course Tinkerbell was a big blow to many of us. Why did it have to be so big? But at least it was on her back. Then came the ones on her arm and what was a killer about that is they came in such quick succession, but as I've said before I think depression had a lot to do with it.

Another thing that baffled me is why did she get all those tattoos on one arm (Thank goodness she did)? It's like she recognized the fact that she needed to have one good looking arm for her career, but then came the video for A Cause de l'Automne. Not long after the video began, she appeared with that beautiful dress, the beautiful hairdo, a beautiful woman, the beautiful setting, then you put that arm right in the middle of it and I'll pull a punch here and say that arm is not beautiful. It ruined the picture. I'd really like to know who made that decision?
The tour manager was blamed for the failure of the Psych concerts in Paris but those failures had nothing to do with him/her.



Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
..........

I'm not a subscriber to astrological mumbo-jumbo, but there is something to be said about personality traits of people born during certain times of the year. ..........

I'm going to bite my tongue at this point over the most probable scenario surrounding this relationship. What is important is that she is out and with Gregoire, and I hope he treats her well as she deserves.
My ex-wife was born on 8/20. Then I got into a relationship with another woman who was born on that date. It was a break up of that relationship that led to 7 years of depression that finally ended with the discovery of Alizee and of course, Alizee was born on 8/21. I'd like to know what time of day Alizee was born? If she was born early in the day, it might have been still been 8/20 here and I would have hit the trifecta!

As far as Jeremy, of course one thing we have to consider is Annily's feelings. I think Alizee has heard it all and can take anything we throw her way or at least I hope she can, but we have to be careful in our criticism of him.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-04-2017 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 PM.