Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 10-19-2009, 11:06 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Really GREAT work guys. I just have some suggestions and opinions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
The letter's coming along nicely. The only thing I'd remove is the line about a "mega-popstar-hit".All we can do is let her know what we think's possible (a reasonable size audience), the rest is up to her.
I concur with Ben in the "mega popstar-hit", and that we should just let her know it is possible to reach a reasonable size audience.

Quote:
Also a quick fact check: after a recent purge of fake and inactive accounts, we don't have 2,000 members. Over 1,000 is more accurate.
Well Thank You Ben for filtering those fake accounts and vlearing up the numbers. But for those innactive caccounts/members may I suggest for the letter leaving approx. 1,000 active members, and somehow explaining we also have innactive members too? You see although they are innactive members they are also Alizee fans and tookthe time to register, nd I'm pretty sure if she ever gets to perform here in the U.S, most of those innactive mebers would attend her concert(s). Also I recommend Ben/ administrators should be ready to show any statistics or numbers showing in which cities are most fans located to be taken in account for "planning of concerts"

"Please be assured, we are not expecting a visit from "Lola"."- Letter
Great point to clear up and make Alizee aware of our support. My adding suggestion would be adding "Please be assured, we are not expecting a visit from "Lola", but a visit from Alizee"; trying to make it more personal and raising up the confidence showing we accept the current Alizee.

"Plan of attack to promote you in our country" How about changing it a bit by saying something like: "...plan of attack to improve your promotion in our country" so she could see members have been at least tried/ trying to promote her in the U.S.

As for the one page or two page length; I suggest and agree with making it a two page letter, increasing the font so it could be comfortable to read and understand.

That's about it guys from my part regarding suggestions.
Keep up the great work!; and lets finish this project!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex405687 View Post
Well Thank You Ben for filtering those fake accounts and vlearing up the numbers. But for those innactive caccounts/members may I suggest for the letter leaving approx. 1,000 active members, and somehow explaining we also have innactive members too? You see although they are innactive members they are also Alizee fans and tookthe time to register, nd I'm pretty sure if she ever gets to perform here in the U.S, most of those innactive mebers would attend her concert(s).
Well I think saying "over 1,000" should cover that. It breaks down like this: there are 1,418 accounts on the site. Of those about 950 have posted. I figure probably 100 or 200 more are legitimate accounts that just haven't spoken yet, and the rest are fake or passing-through not eliminated in the last purge (which removed over 600).

Though yeah, you could say something about how many more would join us if Alizée started promoting in the United States.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Well I think saying "over 1,000" should cover that. It breaks down like this: there are 1,418 accounts on the site. Of those about 950 have posted. I figure probably 100 or 200 more are legitimate accounts that just haven't spoken yet, and the rest are fake or passing-through not eliminated in the last purge (which removed over 600).

Though yeah, you could say something about how many more would join us if Alizée started promoting in the United States.
Thanks Ben for the clarification. Sounds much better. And its a good thing you're filtering those fake accounts to show our real numbers and statistics.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I must entirely agree with The Esteemed Mr. Anthem. Lefty, you've done a wonderful job with this.

Anthem had made a couple additional suggestions, which I'm not ignoring. But for Here and Now, here's Lefty version, Entirely. Along with some of the newest signatures.

This could still be edited a little for length. Either than, or it's just going to have to be a 2-page thing. As shown, that's 7 pt. type in the main section, too small to be considered polite. And, when translated, that'll add 5-10% bulk, too. Yes, we'll probably give a bit less room to the signatures down at the bottom, in the next compilation. But hey! What does everyone think? One page or two? Are we on the track again? Jess, your thoughts?
looks great! though i agree with the shrinking the signature sizes, they all seem kinda huge there at the bottom

Old 10-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

how is the French version coming along? isn't that one the more important of the two?
Old 10-20-2009, 07:45 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
isn't that one the more important of the two?
can't say that it would be

Old 10-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Well I would want her to notice that we took the time to get it translated well into French, which might or might not impress her, but it's certainly worth a try, so I agree with Jalen.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:38 PM

How about if someone has a French Class at school; and could ask their teacher/ proffessor to help us out? So later we could also compare and choose the best translation to send out.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex405687 View Post
How about if someone has a French Class at school; and could ask their teacher/ proffessor to help us out? So later we could also compare and choose the best translation to send out.
Well we have actual French members, who obviously speak French, let's hope they can help. BigDan has offered to help out, so thanks a bunch to him. And I'm sure we also have several fluent French speakers here
Old 10-21-2009, 05:15 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Sweet. Looks like we are really moving along here. I was happy to help with some editing and checking of the letter, but now, it is out of my league. As much as I would like to help further, French, let alone any foreign language, is not something I can do. I would like to thank all those who are going to translate.

If you want me to, I can run a French version past the teacher at my school. So...just say the word.

Tags
fan, french connection letter, mail