Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2013, 12:43 PM

Nino is on a distinguished road

I first found Alizée towards the end of 2012. It was through a link that someone had posted on an internet board to one of her J'en Ai Marre performances on youtube.

When I first that video I was in awe and I don't know why but deep inside I felt sorry for her. I somehow got a feeling that she wouldn't be doing it if she didn't have to do it. I closed that video midway and searched to see if I could find any other performances. At that moment I wasn't sure if she was a singer or a dancer. Then I found one more performance on stage where she sings Moi Lolita. I had a project presentation later that day for a course I took in University and I turned my attention to that.

When I got back after the presentation, Alizée was still in my head. I googled her name and read through her Wikipedia page about how she was mentored initially by Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat and that she had moved on to make two more albums on her own. I found videos from Les Enfoirés 2012 and also Mademoiselle Juliette and I started feeling better. As I tried to gather more information about her, I found this forum and started reading through all the old threads. I was so obsessed that I used to sit and read through old threads for 5-6 hours straight everyday. When I first found that she wasn't popular in France nowadays I found it very hard to digest it. I just couldn't imagine why such an adorable and down to earth woman was not popular anymore. Reading through the joys and disappointments of the old days and day after day of Alizée overload , when I finally felt confident that I know a few things about her history I decided it was time to join in.

That was my experience of finding Alizée!