Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-01-2011, 10:50 PM

battousai is on a distinguished road

Just finished watching the concert and it was epic.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by battousai View Post
Just finished watching the concert and it was epic.
Oh how I wish I could be watching it right now...I guess I'll have to settle for youtube
Old 05-01-2011, 11:35 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I can't believe they cut Alizee's Macumba number in LE 2010! They didn't show the entire thing. They cut the part where Alizee was attaching Mr. Potato Head's parts.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:20 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I received my DVDs today. I ordered them on the 25th of last month and if I did my math right it took 17 days to get here (Had to take my shoes of for that one.).

Of course it consisted of 2 dvds. Each with one half of the show on it, then each with 7 songs from that half of the show seperately on it which was a great feature and then a bonus section with a lot of the backstage scenes, plus scenes from the train, both of which I'm sure most have you seen from the Youtube videos posted in here.

Even though I don't speak the language, it was a very enjoyable show to watch. A lot of good songs in it. I would think this show must be a big draw over there. I wonder if it's diffiicult to get tickets for it. I'm thinking of going to next years show.

There was one skit where they are staging it looks like a show like American idol where they have different singers come out sing a song. They have Nolwenn come out and apparently she's trying to fool the judges by singing a song with her back to them and she's trying to lip sync to a song that another singer off to one side behind a wall is singing. Well she messes up the lip syncing pretty bad and everyone got a good laugh out of it.

The dvds were well worht the price of admission.

As a music trivia side note, I tried looking for that skit on Youtube and couldn't find it. In the process I saw where Nolwenn and Petula Clark of "Downtown" fame had did a duet together (PC goes back a few years). Petula sang in French and I knew she was originally from England so I did a little research and found out apparently she married a French publicist when she was in her teens. Also found out she recorded songs in German, Italian and Spanish.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FKCnHWas3HQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-11-2011 at 09:42 PM..
Old 06-11-2011, 10:32 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
There was one skit where they are staging it looks like a show like American idol where they have different singers come out sing a song. They have Nolwenn come out and apparently she's trying to fool the judges by singing a song with her back to them and she's trying to lip sync to a song that another singer off to one side behind a wall is singing. Well she messes up the lip syncing pretty bad and everyone got a good laugh out of it.
The dvds were well worht the price of admission.
I'm glad to hear you finally received your DVDs. I've been watching mine for over a month now almost on a daily basis.
I think the Nolwenn's "gaff" was part of the skit. If you noticed, Pascal Obispo (anagram for Pablo Picaso - the great Spanish painter) the one she was trying to audition as, intentionally stopped or even "coughed" in the middle of his song. But, that skit was pretty funny although I don't like it as much as the others since it was quite long and Alizee wasn't part of it!