Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibir View Post
van der Sar did do a magnificent job. Imagine if he had hadn't saved Pirlo's free kick. It becomes 2-1 instead of 3-0, entirely different game.
Van der Sar is the unsung hero in this game. That was just world-class goalkeeping. You are right it would have become 2-1 had Pirlo scored and what a freekick that was. I was surprised that Van der Sar made it to the other side of the net that quickly to stop Pirlo's free kick. What a marvellous goal keeping.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali
that dirty Italian ASS-WIPE Materazzi got injured
Easily the best part of that game.
Drinks for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali
Van der Sar is the unsung hero in this game. That was just world-class goalkeeping. You are right it would have become 2-1 had Pirlo scored and what a freekick that was. I was surprised that Van der Sar made it to the other side of the net that quickly to stop Pirlo's free kick. What a marvellous goal keeping.
Any goalkeeper that has been coached at least for a minute by Sir Alex Ferguson, is badass.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Alizee Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Easily the best part of that game.
Drinks for everyone!
Couldn't agree with you more my friend.

And did you see that Italian dirt Materazzi's reaction when Van Nisterooy scored, he is acting all outraged. I am like, uh-no, thats on side Bitch!!

Most people don't know this but FIFA rules clearly indicate that a player can leave if he is given permission to leave the field by the referee, otherwise he is still in play. Buffon collided with his OWN TEAM MATE forcing him out of play and he was still the last defender. So that goal counts. The referee got it right.

And Sir Alex Ferguson is easily the best coach in EPL.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali
And did you see that Italian dirt Materazzi's reaction when Van Nisterooy scored, he is acting all outraged. I am like, uh-no, thats on side Bitch!!

Seriously, that was pure gold. I wonder if he pays attention or even knows the rules, probably not. For sure Italy needs to drop him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali
And Sir Alex Ferguson is easily the best coach in EPL.
Over 20 years in Man U, still going strong, I bet that team won't be where it is today without him. Heck he even supported including the youth into the team, whereas likes of Beckham and Neville, and the people said he was crazy.

Last edited by TheBarrett; 06-10-2008 at 02:22 AM..
Old 06-10-2008, 02:34 AM
Alizee Fan!

I am still awed by Sneijder's second goal. How in the world did he managed to get that shot in, in that small space. That was absolutely insane! Surely one of the best goals in the tournament so far.

If France doesn't make it, I think I may root for Holland.

HUP HOLLAND!!!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 03:04 AM

mibir is on a distinguished road

The rules state that if a player deliberately leaves the field, he counts for offsides. Panucci did not deliberately leave the field.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:29 AM
forever and ever

chazkimies is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
I am still awed by Sneijder's second goal. How in the world did he managed to get that shot in, in that small space. That was absolutely insane! Surely one of the best goals in the tournament so far.

If France doesn't make it, I think I may root for Holland.

HUP HOLLAND!!!!!
sneijder's goal was totally wicked!
good game by holland, they totally outplayed italy.

Last edited by chazkimies; 06-10-2008 at 05:34 AM..
Old 06-10-2008, 06:43 AM

Tim is on a distinguished road

Go France ! ! !
Old 06-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Wannabe Minstrel

Infatuated is on a distinguished road

Sneijder's goal is the goal of the tournament! There would have to be something no one has seen before to top that. Cheers Holland!

France, however, have dug themselves a huge hole by not getting a result against Romania. They have put the pressure on themselves to get points from the matches against Holland and Italy. Holland looked like tournament favorites the way they played against Italy. And you know Italy, especially after losing 3-0, will come to play against France. These remaining Group of Death matches will be very exciting.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Alizee Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibir View Post
The rules state that if a player deliberately leaves the field, he counts for offsides. Panucci did not deliberately leave the field.
You my friend do not know the exact rules of football. Here is the FIFA rule that I was referring to:

The FIFA law 11.11 in the rulebook is very clear on this
- under advice to referees. "A defender who leaves the field during the course of play and does not immediately return must still be considered in determining where the second to last defender is for the purpose of judging which attackers are in an offside position. Such a defender is considered to be on the touch line or goal line closest to his or her off-field position. A defender who leaves the field with the referee's permission (and who thus requires the referee's permission to return) is not included in determining offside position."

Panucci after getting pushed out by Buffon did not immediately come back as he should have the rest of the Italian line held their line and was back except him, so he is still in play. Thats why the football commentators on the various channels that were covering this game who really know the sport was saying, that the goal counts.

Regardless, Italy still would have lost 2-0, face it Holland just raped the Italians last night. It could have been 3-0 if Ibrahim Afleeya made that shot that hit the crossbar towards the end of the game, or 4-0 if Holland had further capitalized on their other chances.