Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest View Post
There must be an Alizée fan in the editorial staff of the Dutch broadcaster NOS.
This clip was shown in a talkshow called "NOS Studio Sportzomer" after the match Netherlands - France.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZeI-iwEC6w&hl=en&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&borde r=1"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZeI-iwEC6w&hl=en&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&borde r=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

Thanks PSL for finding it.
What a neath find! Thanks for posting Just a Guest. Too bad Alizee wasn't there on the sidelines doing some dance routine to distract the Dutch. Her countrymen could have really used her. The music is fitting, the Dutch, they came, they saw and come June 29th they will CONQUER Europe.

Last edited by Ali; 06-15-2008 at 09:56 PM..
Old 06-15-2008, 11:41 PM

mibir is on a distinguished road

Awesome video, thanks for the post Just a Guest
Old 06-16-2008, 02:46 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Nice find, Just a guest. I love it when someone uses Alizée's music for some unrelated content. Maybe some people were intrigued enough to google "veni vidi vici" or look it up on youtube (it's a really nice song after all). Their souls are lost.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Nice find, Just a guest. I love it when someone uses Alizée's music for some unrelated content. Maybe some people were intrigued enough to google "veni vidi vici" or look it up on youtube (it's a really nice song after all). Their souls are lost.
That's exactly what I said to myself when I told my friends to go youtube Alizée.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

What time is the Italia game on tomorrow?

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:19 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Both games are on at 2:30 pm EST.

Portugal and Turkey are advancing from Group A, Croatia and Germany from group B.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Perfecting tmesis

Par mon paupieres is on a distinguished road

I really been enjoying reading through this thread as the banter between fans of different football nations is always good fun (within reason obviously).

I'm fortunate enough to currently be in Switzerland in the course of my work as a football writer.While the work can get a bit hectic with various travel chaos and unworkable deadlines , I've really enjoyed what I've seen so far.

I loved the Swiss-Turkey match when the downpour came and the match turned farcical but had an equally dramatic finish.The Portugal-Czech game wasn't too bad either.The highlight for me so far has been the France-Netherlands match.I was in the crowd with the Dutch supporters and it was completely mental as all the goals were flying in and one hell of a party afterward.

As for who's going to win it , I really can't decide.The various contenders have been impressive in various degrees.

Portugal - Inventive attack but can't defend set-pieces
Croatia - Great passing but lack a quality finisher
Netherlands - Looking really good but there is a hand wrapped in orange hovering over the self-destruct button and I'm just waiting for it to be pushed
Spain - Despite looking very threatening with a good strike pair I just don't fancy them for the title

Before the tournament started I was tipping Germany and despite some indifferent displays and a soft centre of defence I still think they'll go very close as no-one plays tournament football as well as the Germans.

I'm not wishing ill-will on France or Italy but I hope that Romania get through tomorrow.Not only will it be a great story but in a moment of inspiration/madness I backed the Dutch and Romanians to qualify from that group at a whopping 66 to 1.Fingers crossed.

Of course the Italians and French have been the biggest disappointments and the tale doing the rounds here is that Switzerland for both teams has been like this years Oscar winner's title "No country for old men".Cruel but true.

In response to the validity of Van Nistelrooy's goal against the Italians although it was proved right the linesman made a mistake but got away with it.The joke doing the rounds here is that Van Nistelrooy was played onside by two Italian fans wearing replica shirts in the front row.

I'll try to keep checking back as this thread is good fun and I'm glad so many of you all across the globe are tuning in.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Well of course, it's the greatest and most popular sport in the world. (Totally Opinionated in the view of an American).
Old 06-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Yikes! Viera is not fit to play for Les Blues which means France will lose. He who can not control the midfield will lose the game. France’s midfield is a joke. Ex-Arsenal guy Flamini should have been on the squad and Viera should have been dropped, BIG MISTAKE by Domenech. Henry really needs step up his game or France is done.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:12 PM
T'es divine

Ricardo is on a distinguished road

Vieira could be playing for Portugal :\ As for what PMP said, I agree about Portugal...an excellent and creative midfield but Paulo Ferreira sucks, Ricardo is insanely dangerous on high balls and we don't have a friggin good forward (Nuno Gomes, Hugo Almeida, Hélder Postiga)...