Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 08-08-2009, 03:37 AM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road
Post Got 200 Francs? Moi...Lolita

RondasX and some other pals from Alizee-Latino have been working on this for the past couple weeks. It's actually a HUGE find, at least it was for me. I don't know if it's been posted before. When I read it I instantly thought about translating and posting it over here. RondasX gave me the permission to do so. Thanks to Julien and Paloma who also worked on the translation and investigated about the places mentioned in this writtings.

So this are Boutonnat Chronicles, which were actually written by an old friend of Boutonnat. And this what I've translated so far as for Moi Lolita's part, enjoy:

Moi...Lolita.

When I dream of Wolves it's Lola who bleeds.

It's the first in 8 years that Laurent Boutonnat has the task of putting Images and History into a Mylene Farmer song. After having composed the music of Moi Lolita and left the responsibility of writting the lyrics to Mylene Farmer, Laurent Boutonnat films the long-awaited video. Though he gets back to 35mm film -as it used to be in his golden era-, he no longer works with his old crew of friends, such as Carine Sarfati working on the costumes, or Jean-Pierre Sauvaire on the ilumination. Sauvaire will be replaced by Philippe Pavans. Hiden by the biggest secret in late June, after a large preparation, comes to the light, The video is aired for the first time on Wednesday July 26th, 2000. Laurent Boutonnat, whom used to include proffesional actors (Zouc, Louise Fletcher, Frederic Lagache) on his videos, this time he hired amateur actors such as Jerome Devoise, who plays the role of the boy in love, or Liliana, Alizée's sister in the video. The Only one used to the sets is Anne-Marie Pisarini , who plays the role of Lolita's mother. The filming was made in 2 days. The first day of filming took place outdoor for the scenes of big barley fields, the road, and the the patio at the mother's house. Laurent Boutonnat recorded this scenes in the outskirts of Senlis, in Oise. The second day of filming had to be done for the filming at the Parisian disco "Bains-Douches", where almost 100 stunts were hired.

This clip is really diffent to what Laurent Boutonnat made for Mylene Farmer 8 years ago. What is an unusual change is that this as well is really different to those he made for Nathalie Cardone a long time ago... For Nathalie he had got back to the extravaganza mise en scene (Hasta Siempre - 1997), or what is based on the laconic that focused on a certain image of the singer (Populaire-1998,or "el cielo nublado of My Angel-1999). Nowadays Laurent Boutonnat seems to be able to tell stories from our time, to stay away from the war, old century or timeless tales. This time Laurent Boutonnat actually recorded the panoramic clips again, but also got rid of the environment and the universe to focus in the esthetic of his new heroin. Misanthropy is certainly always there in his works and the hardness of the characters against each other. Rationable characters- without loving each other- they appreciate each other, like the mother and her daughter, Lolita and the boy in love... What is important to him is the opion they'll have about lolita... and consequently Alizée's. That's why it's right to think this clip is, maybe, the first one of many, most likely a coherent one, with its own symbols (strange ones, though), which will certainly make us follow... Alizee's adventures... After the first release splitted in 2 episodes, where he names his heroin the adjective "libertine". Laurent Boutonnat could make Lolita a new appealing heroin.
To be continued in the next episode?

In the countryside, a man of about 30 years old runs behing a 15 year old young girl. She stops. The man is angry, noticeable amazed by the young Lolita. He declared his passion to Lolita and wants to know if she likes him. The glances are soft, the declaration is truthful. Lolita's reply is "Got 200 francs?" Thanks, you'll get it back". In this introduction of the clip, Laurent Boutonnat just introduced the Lolita role. One sentence is enough to get to know who's been created. The rest of the film is nothing but a long confirmation. The 200 francs in the pocket, Lolita gets back home, without even looking at the boy in love. He would stay on the road, waiting for a response from the girl he is in love with. Is she a prostitute? Did she make him believe in a possible relationship? Lolita is simply a girl that is nice to look at, and for whom you'll do anything. You can recognize Laurent Boutonnat's language when she gets to her house. i.e The slight panning he uses to introduce a place that reminds us of a place like Giorgino's orphanage (1994) or places like the cuban house from Hasta Siempre (1997). She finds her mother washing clothes and her 6 year old little sister sitting on the stairs at her house (just like the "pollita" in Giorgino's orphanage). The mother approaches to Lolita to violently insult her, remind her about her behavior and delay. Lolita takes her sister with her, she changes her clothes and goes through the barley fields with her. They get into the bus which will take them to the city. The man tries to run, but he doesn't make it to the bus because it leaves. He only looks at the young girl fade away in the bus through the rear windows.

That same night, she's at a disco where- in the middle of young girls with too much make up and very few clothes- she dances without hiding the fact that she is the youngest of them all. Slowly, everyone is looking at her. Wether she dances in the middle of the dancefloor or putting makeup on in the bathroom, men and women get hooked up by her charm. Wearing her short dress, there's nothing else to do than love her. Lolita asked her sister to sit on a stool from the bar, where she looked at her old sister become a phenomenon. The guy from the countryside followed her.

That same night, she's at a disco where- in the middle of young girls with too much make up and very few clothes- she dances without hiding the fact that she is the youngest of them all. Slowly, everyone is looking at her. Wether she dances in the middle of the dancefloor or putting makeup on in the bathroom, men and women get hooked up by her charm. Wearing her short dress, there's nothing else to do than love her. Lolita asked her sister to sit on a stool from the bar, where she looked at her old sister become a phenomenon. The guy from the countryside followed her.

He's there. He just got into the disco where he watches the catchy Lolita who dances among people 10 years older than she is. Lolita does not really care about them, what seems to be her main priority is the number of sighs she attracts, and not her identity. The little sister now starts to dance over the stool, while Lolita watches her from the dancefloor. The 2 sisters will eventually go back home in the morning, holding each other's hand, walking on a rural road. The little sister will tell her old sister: "- I'm a bit tired". There's no reply. They walk away, the man in love is still there, following Lolita, and probably will follow her for much longer...

Besides the camera spannings and the pictures that remind us of Giorgino, one could easily go farther making a comparision between the video and the song. First of all, the lyrics can create a certain paranoia, which reminds us of Catherine "It's not my fault". Some phrases can also be extended to autism, which she was victim of. "And when I give my tongue to the cats I see the others All set to throw themselves on me". It's also Lolita who "dreams of wolves", which was what everyone had a problem with, with Catherine; who had dreamt of wolves during the drowning of the orphans. As for the beginning of the song, playing a violin, reminds us of the soundtrack of Giorgino at the end.

At the beginning of the clip, in its mise en scene, it resembles a scene of Giorgino, which was the very first appearance of Mylene Farmer in the movie... This scene we are talking about is the one where Giorgio just got out of the refuge, goes across town's place and takes Catherines' arm, who was running away. She turns around and asks him for her money... In Moi Lolita, it's her who asks the Young man for the same thing.

Last edited by edgar93; 08-11-2009 at 12:01 AM.. Reason: added the second part
Old 08-08-2009, 05:07 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Wow! I've never seen this before.

I'm very much looking forward to part 2.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:42 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

What the... ? Well, I assume the original is in French; so... thanks for doing this and can you point me to the original too?

Merci Fanny
Old 08-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Cool, thanks Edgar! Some of the comparisons do kinda require familiarity with Laurent's film, "Giorgino", though (Catherine is Mylene Farmer's character - an autistic woman whom the protagonist falls in love with). The original English language version of the movie has recently been released on DVD if anyone's interested: http://www.amazon.fr/Giorgino-collec...dp/B000X3BBFW/
Old 08-09-2009, 05:41 PM
A-Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
What the... ? Well, I assume the original is in French; so... thanks for doing this and can you point me to the original too?
I'd love to Roman, since you could provide us with a more accurate translation (this one was French-Spanish-English :S), but I don't know the source of this writtings. There are many more coming anyways .
Old 08-09-2009, 05:58 PM

Raptor12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
http://jodel.saint-marc.club.fr/moilolita.htm
Old 08-09-2009, 06:51 PM
A-Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor12 View Post
dude! Thank you so much!

yeah, see the title of that website? The guy that wrote that called it an autopsy, since it had a lot of info about Boutonnat.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that edgar93 lots of usefull info btw u still packing or u already in Mexico?
Old 08-09-2009, 09:33 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
dude! Thank you so much!

yeah, see the title of that website? The guy that wrote that called it an autopsy, since it had a lot of info about Boutonnat.
oh dang, while looking for it I think I saw that site, but didn't think it was the right one. Cool, they even have scans of the sheet music.

Merci Fanny
Old 08-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbski-kralj View Post
Thanks for that edgar93 lots of usefull info btw u still packing or u already in Mexico?
I don't think he's not outside of Mexico at this moment in time.