Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Apprendre le français

Old 05-08-2010, 10:18 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

That is what I had figured. But iwasn't sure íf maybe there were some times where it should be left out in formal French, too. Merci, toc de mac !
Old 01-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Could anyone fluent in French please explain the top rated comments for these videos? I used google translate, but I don't get if they're saying "it's shitty" or "it's the shit" and why they think there's something wrong with her. Of course, they may not even be saying anything like that to begin with..

s'il vous plait et merci!

Old 01-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

They're saying it sucks.

First one says "thumbs down" (I dunno bout that "arrogance" business)

The second says it doesn't even matter of it's Melanie or not, it sucks.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:33 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Nothing special, really.
Just the usual verbal agression between people who love it and people who don't.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:07 PM

What exactly are they saying though? According to google translate:

"I do not know why but I feel something is wrong with her ...

It seems that all she undertakes is calculated ...

Oh yes, and then seriously do not say it is natural, because otherwise it would be lying to yourself.?

Why so much hate? I've yet to read a poorly translated positive comment.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:54 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Wow, Wasabi, she's highly attractive! And talented. I'm actually glad you pointed her out. =) And actually, no, I wouldn't say the comments are as bad as you think. For "Kiss", all comments within the last two weeks are highly favorable. For "En t'attendant", well, it's a little more even, but 5-1/2 out of the last seven were all favorable, if sheepishly so. The worst recent one was the guy saying "Dommage... Faut rester au cinéma ma petite..." ('Shame...stay in the movies, little girl') which really isn't too harsh. And leads me to think she must already be a known starlet or something now "crossing over" to do a record or two.

Other, earlier criticisms (again, not necessarily the predominant trend) are saying it's boring music, or the lyrics are too bland, or blah blah blah. I'd misquote Bigdan and say it's a lot of typical youtube haterism popping up. Perhaps more than for most young singers, but you know how that is - the more attractive the star is, the more scrutiny they draw. Do people follow Tim Blake-Nelson around, or George Clooney?

You should check imdb to see see if she has been in movies. Or a google search for whatever else she's already known for.

Or at least, recheck your Google Translator settings and try again.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Wow, Wasabi, she's highly attractive! And talented. I'm actually glad you pointed her out. =) And actually, no, I wouldn't say the comments are as bad as you think. For "Kiss", all comments within the last two weeks are highly favorable. For "En t'attendant", well, it's a little more even, but 5-1/2 out of the last seven were all favorable, if sheepishly so. The worst recent one was the guy saying "Dommage... Faut rester au cinéma ma petite..." ('Shame...stay in the movies, little girl') which really isn't too harsh. And leads me to think she must already be a known starlet or something now "crossing over" to do a record or two.
You don't know Mélanie Laurent? You're supposed to be the movie guy.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:09 AM

Oh trust me, I know what she's in.

I've seen quite a few of her movies, at least, what I can find here in the US. The first one I saw was Inglorious Basterds(sexy vengeful Jewish starlet), followed by The Room of Death(beautiful detective with a tortured past), then by Don't Worry I'm Fine(Young student aching over the disappearance of her brother), then Beginners(An outgoing woman who entices Obi wan kenobi). I'm currently looking for The Beat My Heart Skipped and The Concert(I'm a violinist too! )

I guess most people are criticizing her because she's an actress first. Kind of how I feel about singers acting in movies.

She's made me feel something that I'm too scared to admit. I don't plan on openly admitting it until she releases another album or so. I'd hate to come out and it turns out she ends up being a one-album artist.

Look! Dr. House himself is amazed at her beauty and talent!

Old 01-17-2012, 12:20 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

DrSmith, I was just saying the other night (in a way-too-long-post on the movies thread, since abridged) that no, I am not a movies guy anymore. Long story short, we sold it all months ago. And now I whittle things.

Wasabi, SHE doesn't really care if she's a one-album artist or not, she's already been in 31 movies (yeah, i checked now, too) AND written AND directed. QUADRUPLE threat. And she's 28 years old, and all of 5'2". Solid nitroglycerin, if there was such a thing. She doesn't NEED a @#$%$ contract with some record company. She'll be fine!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
DrSmith, I was just saying the other night (in a way-too-long-post on the movies thread, since abridged) that no, I am not a movies guy anymore. Long story short, we sold it all months ago. And now I whittle things.
Sorry to hear that… but you were the movies guy. Didn't you see Inglourious Basterds?