Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Articles and Blog

Old 09-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

digimaze is on a distinguished road
Default The Alizée Hub [girlpop.hopto.me]: A User Guide and FAQ

this is the third time my entire FAQ has been posted from my Hub thread.

Last edited by digimaze; 01-08-2017 at 10:24 PM..
Old 01-08-2017, 09:06 PM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

@Scruffy

Well, I think that someone better start thinking about that problem, and that as soon as possible, because who knows for how much time the Hub will stay to be available, and that especially because no more a lot of fans are connected to the Hub these days and thus all the stuff that they have on their share nobody can download from them anymore. I know that many of our fans, eg lappy is just one of them, has said that they have a huge collection (200 GB) of their content, but if he and others are no more connected to the Hub, no use of it.

Something should be done to solve the problem of possibility of losing of all the Alizée content. And I'm afraid that task will be not easy thing to do. Just consider this: Somebody will have to collect all the collection of Alizée content from multiple of fans who have a great collection of stuff. And even you'll not find all those fans anymore easily because hardly they are even here at the AAm forum, so you'll have to contact them somehow. Then you'll have to collect from them all the stuff of their share they have, then you'll have to sort all that stuff to see what you have, eg to find duplicates of the pictures, videos, etc, everything. Then take of all the duplicates the best quality content, ie the best quality of pics, videos, etc, and then all that stuff you'll have to upload somewhere on the internet with a huge storage capacity, I don't know how much huge, but let's say 1 TB or so (for disk storage 1 TB is 1000 GB).
Keep in mind that in the following years there will be a new content to upload, so for starters you'll have to have enough storage capacity to begin with, and consider possibility to upgrade to more storage capacity in the future.

See, a huge job is ahead of us if we really want to preserve all that stuff for all our present and future fans. And, as I said, it will not be easy job to do, and the most probably it will not be for free.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:29 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Mostly what I'll be adding in weeks to come is videos I added subtitles to. At first I was going to add 'subtitles' or 'with subtitles' to the end. I don't think there is a need to add 'English' with that.

But I think it might be best to add subtitles early in the file name so when a computer just shows the first part of a title, you will know right away it has subs in it.

For instance one file I added subs to was....
2015-07-25-Alizee-50mnInside-UneStarUneHistoire-TF1(720)
So I changed it to 2015-07-25-Alizee- (Subtitles) 50mnInside-UneStarUneHistoire-TF1(720)

Can anyone think of a better way of doing it?

In some cases where I added subs, I cut out some sections of the original clip in which case I'll probably add 'shortened' to the end to make sure people know the original was longer.
We've got a universal naming convention in use at the Hub. I'll send you some samples to your PM there and if you have any questions just ask.

If you are having problems accessing private chat maybe because you closed the notification tab before reading it, follow these steps:

1) Right click on the nick of the person you want to chat with (or read the chat from) in the list of people who are currently online (the upper right-hand window).

2) Choose "send private message." the chat window will pop up and you can either send an outgoing message, or read that person's incoming messages. If you want to read more of the PREVIOUS messages after a re-boot, then change the number of lines retrieved by DC++ to a higher number. Don't close that tab if you are having an ongoing conversation with that person! The tab will be highlighted every time there is a new message.

3) Make sure you haven't accidentally checked the "ignore chat" box. There were people back in the day that used to think they could create flame posts or share stuff in violation of Hub policy by claiming "I NEVER read private chat... so I will ignore it until you ban me." Those were usually the same guys that would whine and cry in one forum of another that "digi banned me for NO REASON... he's a BAD BAD MAN!!!" So I instituted a rule in the hub that you MUST respond to a private chat from an Operator (like ME for example). You don't need to write War and Peace, just a simple "got it" or "OK" will suffice.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by digimaze; 01-09-2017 at 03:24 PM..
Old 01-09-2017, 05:01 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I added 3 more files to the hub....
2003 04 xx Alizée Interview ITW de la Semain JDM MCM with subtitles.
2019-09 Alizee Non stop people interview with English subtitles
2003-12-27 Alizee Lollytop interview #1 with English subtitles
Old 01-29-2017, 02:23 PM

This past election, the months preceding and the months afterwards have been very divisive for our country and for me and my sister's family in a way I never thought possible. Because of it, I'm more socially, politically, and historically aware of what's going on in the world and I've spent a lot of my time, doing research about it and trying to make others aware on Facebook of things I've learned.

Bottom line is it's taken up a lot of my time in these months. I've tried to do a lot with AlizeeAmerica's FB page. Most of the other pages more or less just post the same old pictures and videos. I look for something different and until recently I think I've done a good job with it, but it too is time consuming and in the past week, all I've had time to do is copy and paste what others have posted. I hope to rectify that situation in a couple of weeks.

I leave for vacation tomorrow in Hawaii. I've never been there. I'll be staying in Waikiki. There must be a thousand hotels in the Honolulu/Waikiki area. It takes many, many hours, sorting through the different hotels, looking up the best tourist attractions and how to get from here to there and at this late point I don't have a thing packed.

I'm sure most of you know my recent efforts to try and save Alizee forum.
Recently Digimaze posted how fans haven't been posting in the DC hub. Since then, when I can find the time, I've been adding different files to the Hub such as the Dals files I added subtitles to, the SAGA files I added subs to, the Alcaline En Concert and the K O En Concert files I added subs to and several interviews I've added subs to and I had plans to add videos from the Les Enfoires shows I've been to and things like the autograph session in Ajaccio.

Apparently in the hub, Digimaze has tried to pm me I don't know how many times because despite reading his instructions in our forum, in my attempts as recent as yesterday, I've been unable to access them. I have no idea what the issue is. Maybe it's just my stupidity. He also tried contacting me through pm's in the forum and as anyone who has tried to contact me in that way, my inbox is often full. That stems in part because years ago, I tried moving several what I term historically important pm's to an outside folder. At one point, I had a hard drive failure and lost those pm's, so now I just keep those important pm's in the forum which leaves me only a little space for new pm's. Maybe not a smart system, but it's one I like.

Do people think I would take the time I've been taking to post my files to the hub, then not take the time to read pm's there? Has anyone in the forum not received an answer to their pm's?

But my e-mail address has been readily accessible through the forum and all anyone has to do is ask and I will supply them with one or two e-mail addresses I check each and everyday.

But despite my efforts to add more and more stuff to my DC hub folder, Digimaze became upset with his inability to reach me through the hub. He posted some messages in the hub concerning this and I wont comment on them, but just leave it for others to decide what they think about it.
In the mean time, I have to start packing.

"[12:31] <digimaze> Since you are out of space at AAm, here goes:
[12:31] <digimaze> No I don't have to be online for you to check PMs from me. I don't even know where you get that idea. The only time I am offline from the Hub is when I reboot my computer. Just open it up, read what I sent you and reply "OK." I think you have enough time to do that, don't you??? That puts you in 100% compliance with the rules of the Hub. Like I said, just ONE PERSON from the forum could at least stall the inevitable and considering the years I have spent supporting the Alizee fan community ( a LOT longer that YOU, pumpkin) I think I DESERVE the respect. If I don't, if you think that you are above me or too good to follow the rules, then the hell with you guys... you will return from your vacation with NO HUB. I am unwilling to continue having private chat with you because you're too "important" to follow the rules like everyone else.

[12:34] <digimaze> I expect this sort of horseshit from some of the other younger or clinically insane "super fans" like RMJ or Orion, but I certainly expected better from YOU. Snap out of it!

[12:35] <digimaze> * (correction) "I am unwilling to have private chat with you"....in Main Chat.

[12:44] <digimaze> You work on airplanes. I am a college educated and Microsoft certified IT professional who bills his time out at $65 an hour that I provide to you Hubbers for free, and I have demonstated the willingness to help you with videos that I really don't give a shit about. I am helping you for the other Hubber's benefit and THAT'S IT. Wake up!!!! You're too old for this crap. Show me the respect that I have clearly EARNED... and by the way buddy, don't try to turn this around: it is your refusal to answer messages that is the issue, not anything else you might use to rationalize your childish behavior."

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-29-2017 at 02:33 PM..
Old 01-29-2017, 02:50 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

You will love Hawaii. Have a great time.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:29 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

Quote:
Apparently in the hub, Digimaze has tried to pm me I don't know how many times because despite reading his instructions in our forum, in my attempts as recent as yesterday, I've been unable to access them. I have no idea what the issue is. Maybe it's just my stupidity.
I have no problem agreeing with that. But you claimed you didn't answer me because you were "too busy" to answer the messages from the likes of me. Well, I'm the friggin' Hub Owner and as I patiently explained to you TWICE it's Hub policy to answer the messages from me or my Hub Operators no matter how "busy" you might be.

Quote:
He also tried contacting me through pm's in the forum and as anyone who has tried to contact me in that way, my inbox is often full.
So here's a no-brainer: HOW ABOUT CLEANING IT OUT out of courtesy towards the people who are trying to contact you? This is what I'm talking about regarding your lack of respect for other people who might be trying to contact you.

Quote:
Do people think I would take the time I've been taking to post my files to the hub, then not take the time to read pm's there? Has anyone in the forum not received an answer to their pm's?
I haven't received an answer EVER.. neither in the forum posts intended to help you, private messaging in the forum, and private chat in the hub... until I got angry and you had something to make my look like an unreasonable monster and you the hero by violating my privacy and common courtesy by posting a private chat message in a public forum. It's really odd that it was only THEN that you figured out how Hub PMs work. Maybe that was your intent all along, or like you just said, maybe you are stupid.

Quote:
But despite my efforts to add more and more stuff to my DC hub folder, Digimaze became upset with his inability to reach me through the hub. He posted some messages in the hub concerning this and I wont comment on them, but just leave it for others to decide what they think about it.
Clearly you ARE commenting on them on them by posting my private message without my permission and lacking the personal integrity to answer me directly. You even failed to answer the FIVE previous messages spread out over a week! But once you had something you felt was incriminating, you left the Hub without comment or apology like a morally bankrupt COWARD and re-posted an edited version of my angry tirade hoping that people will leap to your aid.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. At this point in time it's rather moot because as of right now you are no longer a member of the Hub and the damage you've done to my willingness to work with you or any other member of this Forum is gone.

I hope you guys can figure out some other way to distribute Alizee files that's as effective as the Hub was... but by allowing this person to post my private chat in a public forum you've now shot yourself in the foot as to try to convince my to keep the Hub open. Let's not forget that Scruffy posted this and then packed his bags and FLED THE MAINLAND! (lol)

Good luck and thanks to all of you that have been gracious to me over the years I have been here. I'm sorry it didn't work out. But most of the people that were voices of reason around here (like merci alizee) seem to be long gone, leaving it to those that wanted to make this Forum the only source for Alizee material and build a cult of personality around themselves which was the downfall of the OTHER forum.

Those of you that are still active in the Hub, I'm sorry it came to this. If you can figure out a proper solution, let me know, or at least drop by the Hub and say "goodbye." It's been a pleasure sharing my Alizee collection with you all but I guess it's time to move on to other things.

If you need any clips you can always message Scruffy.. but sad to say his Inbox is full.

Last edited by digimaze; 01-29-2017 at 09:45 PM..
Old 01-29-2017, 11:05 PM

When did I ever say this "But you claimed you didn't answer me because you were "too busy" to answer the messages from the likes of me."?

Edit:

Quote:
When did I ever say this "But you claimed you didn't answer me because you were "too busy" to answer the messages from the likes of me."?
It looks like Antares hit the nail right on the head with his post!

EDIT: When I first saw the first few posts in this thread, I saw some conflict between you and someone else. I tried to appease that by saying that I would try to be more active in the hub and posting several of the things I have spent many, many hours working on over the years and you got upset over the simple fact we couldn't communicate in the hub when there were plenty of other ways for us to communicate. You were insultive to Alizée, you were insultive to all the members of this forum and overly insultive of me when I was the only one who tried to help out the hub. I'm trying desperately to not say things in response in a way that has gotten me in trouble in the past. Good luck with the hub. It looks like it's own worst enemy is you.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-29-2017 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-29-2017, 11:37 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

Quote:

Edit:

It looks like Antares hit the nail right on the head with his post!
You said that in your own message to me that you are a busy person and you can't be bothered to check for messages on a timely basis... at least that was your story back then. You've made that statement or something like that several times in this forum as anyone can corroborate if they want to. Two wrongs don't make a right and I won't post personal chat to validate my point. I personally wouldn't stoop that low.

It's odd that you ally yourself with someone who attacks me personally that is NOT a member of the Hub and never has been. In fact the Japanese quote he claimed was made in main chat NEVER HAPPENED. I have the text files from main chat from day one and he made that up and virtually everything else in his post to inflame anger towards me. I think everyone here that has ever spent a significant amount of time in the Hub knows that... but he sure reeled YOU in! (lol)

Sad it is that some people can be so unhappy and petty and bitter and hateful that they have to attack those that have made significant contributions to the fan community. That more than Alizee's career path explain why the forums are drying up. IF you guys REALLY wanted to keep the Hub open, then lodging personal attacks against me is the most idiotic and counterproductive thing you could have done.
It seems that you have had computer problems and as an IT professional I could have sorted it out for you as I have for hundreds of other hubbers like you. But you have burned that bridge and that resource is no longer available to you. You decided in a profound lack of personal ethics, to drag others into a personal conversation between us. No matter how you might paint that picture, what you did was WRONG. Maybe you can find someone to explain that to you... maybe you'll NEVER understand. What was that word you used to describe yourself... it began with an "s."

Good wishes on your vacation. Maybe you'll find some peace there.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:07 AM

deligna is on a distinguished road

Since the hub is now down, here is my share and i believe 95% of alizee content from the hub, aswell as some priscilla. I've downloaded every alizee video (atleast from the beginning of her career), watched through several files of the same video to find the ones of best quality. The best quality can be found in the "videos" folder while the unsorted mess is in the "unsorted" folder. I will post it again in the future when i have sorted everything, but that might take some time. Send me a pm if there's any issues.
https://www.jottacloud.com/p/darkjon...72b7cf674b2af8
Edit: The hub is online under a new name, but is not accessible to most people from AlizeeAmerica, so the link will stay.

Last edited by deligna; 02-12-2017 at 11:35 AM..
Old 05-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Side question : is the POP Asia Hub down as well? If so, is there a replacement ?

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..