Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-09-2014, 09:45 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
ah sorry I wasn't talking about this collection I was talking about all the files on my PC... I have no idea why I wrote collection instead of files. But well the forum is back for now.

I fear the main problem is that we don't have a lot of sponsors and Riccardo has to pay it all alone and it's getting to expensive.
Do you have any idea what his costs are? As I mentioned above, we made some changes to this forum to make it much cheaper to operate. Unfortunately we had to get rid of a very good video section, but we did what we had to do to make it affordable to run the forum, especially during lean times.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:03 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

False alarm! It has reappeared by popular demand! At least temporarily.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:05 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Well I hope things get worked out over at AF. Hopefully a few more people will step up to fund the site. AF has been around so long and has been a mainstay in the world of Alizée forums. It would be a shame to lose it.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:08 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

from email

"it costs around 100 euros the server im hosting it on, per month.etc..."
Old 08-09-2014, 11:28 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

That seems pretty high at a time, despite her success with DALS, that her forum popularity has been waning. We got our costs way down and I still think AAm is a pretty good forum, so maybe AF should try and lighten the load too. The main thing we need to keep is the discussion factor.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
ah sorry I wasn't talking about this collection I was talking about all the files on my PC... I have no idea why I wrote collection instead of files. But well the forum is back for now.
OK nevermind, I just thought to post the link anyway to get you in the door. I had no idea the forum was up and running anyway ( ) at the time of my post as I was in a hurry to go out.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 08-09-2014, 09:54 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

I was shocked after reading thread title. Although I haven't been active on forums, it will be sad to see any of the top forums getting closed. Number of active members have decreased, but I dont think it's impractical to maintain such big forums. If Riccardo is finding it difficult to maintain the forum, then he should transfer it to some other member. Monthly costs can be managed, however one time payment for buying it Riccardo can be high. For now, it's great that AF is back.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:11 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
from email

"it costs around 100 euros the server im hosting it on, per month.etc..."

That seems VERY high. What are the specifications he requires the server to meet?
Old 08-11-2014, 03:04 AM
Alizee Hub Janitor

digimaze is on a distinguished road

100 euros is VERY high. But one (or a group) of you could host it yourself with a static IP or DNS service. Keep in mind though that the traffic is very high on a forum and if the ISPs in your county have data caps (which is prevalent in the United States, among many other nations) it could get expensive or your ISP could shut you down.

Yes there are cost-effective offsite solutions and it couldn't be too much of a problem to re-locate the AF to one of them. As far as FILES (live clips, music vids & interviews) are concerned, that is the sole function of the Alizee Hub, and after over ten years of continuous operation, we ain't going away yet! (knock on wood).

I threw my support behind the Alizee America Forum a long time ago, and closed the Alizee Hub Forum down because I just didn't have time to run two Hubs AND a Forum. I like the way the Alizee America Forum is run and suggest it to people visiting my Hub as a "recommended site." In that light, I think that one possible solution would be a MERGER, with this Forum absorbing the database of AH as either a subset of AAF or transferring over the appropriate topics and assuming the membership list. Anyways,I'm just tossing out an idea to think about.....

Last edited by digimaze; 08-11-2014 at 03:12 AM..
Old 08-17-2014, 02:00 PM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

So it's apparently not that much "false alarm", rather a delay of the inevitable.
Quote:
I had to reconsider my decision upon so many fan requests and decided NOT to close the forum for now. I opened forum again at least until her concerts are done. Then we figure out how to finance the server it's costs.
Although that "at least" keeps me hopeful.
The Round belong