Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-28-2019, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Shepherd is right about not sending cash to a stranger. Send it directly to the studio.
I can understand the concern about sending cash to an individual stranger, but the plan would be to send the money directly to the shop to purchase a gift certificate. The shop is called "Chonchon" and it is in Ajaccio, and was recommended by a friend of Alizée's family. They sell gifts for babies and children. You can look them up on Instagram:

http://www.instagram.com/chonchonajaccio/

I believe this would be the best way to assure that Alizée receives the gift, plus it is more personal than a money order.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:43 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

The logistics of this gift has been discussed for months off the forum. The first hurdle was to decide if to send individual gifts or a group gift from AAM was the best. The concensus was to send a group gift along with a more personalized card that would identify the individual donors. Not only would it give AAm exposure, Alizee would know there are real people behind the gift.

I don't want to be callous, but sending Alizee cash to the studio is very impersonal. It's like giving a relative a Starbucks gift card for Christmas. Little thought involved. However, a group of Americans (and others of course) researching a store in Ajaccio where Alizee likes to shop and making arrangements to present her with a gift certificate shows that this was not an afterthought. I cannot speak for a woman, but the "thought that counts" certainly applies here more than the amount given.

Members here can choose to send a gift any way they desire, or not at all. The gift certificate will proceed regardless, and we are hoping to fill the card with many names. There is the trust factor involved with Johanna. I know I am one to trust her for her word.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:10 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Me and a couple of other members here have been discussing this idea back and forth for a few months now and have discussed different ideas including sending a gift to the studio, but to this point we thought this was a very good idea because we're sure she'll have plenty of use for their items this store sells, over the next few 'years'.

I've often spoke of the Chez Paulo restaurant and of Blanche the wonderful woman who with her family owns and runs this restaurant. I've dined at their restaurant several times and stayed at a hotel Blanche recommended ,not far away, that her daughter works at.

They treated me very well on my first visit there (not to mention other visits) and I had a bottle of good American whiskey sent to them in thanks after my return home. We've exchanged a few messages over the years and she wished my a happy birthday in October on my FB page and so I think I'm in very good standing with her.

I see most of her posts. She is in the old town where Alizee grew up recently moved back to. She has a few grandchildren so I asked her to recommend a store of the nature we were looking for and ChonChon was one she liked, so that's how we came to pick this store.

The street is on is the same one that Alizee's place abuts on and is only about a third of a mile down the street and seems to be the only one in the area that specializes in baby stuff.

I trust Blanche's judgement and feel so strongly that we can trust the woman CleverCowboy contacted that if this turns out to be some type of scam, I will return everyone's money, up to 100 euros each.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:38 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I have no problem with the choice of store nor with sending a certificate or any other kind of gift. My concern is that the gift--whatever that is--gets to Alizee and not into a stranger's pocket.

If the store keeper handed Alizee the gift, I agree that would be more personal and, frankly, more pleasing to me. So there is a condition in which I would agree to the original plan. If the woman at the store would email us a photo of her handing the gift to Alizee, I would find that acceptable. I'm not confident, however, that Alizee would agree to pose for such a photo.

It makes no sense to send something into the abyss and hope for the best, knowing you will never discover the results of you effort.

Last edited by Shepherd; 11-29-2019 at 07:41 AM..
Old 11-29-2019, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
So there is a condition in which I would agree to the original plan. If the woman at the store would email us a photo of her handing the gift to Alizee, I would find that acceptable. I'm not confident, however, that Alizee would agree to pose for such a photo.

Though it would be nice to have such a photo, I think that asking for that kind of proof would be perceived as offensive by Joanna. Both Scruffy and CleverCowboy have had personal contact with the people involved with this effort, and that is enough for me to feel very confident that all will be handled properly.

As I mentioned before, sending off a money order or other gift to the studio would be much less personal, as well as far more likely to result in our not hearing anything more. Having a specific contact at the store--as we now do, thanks to CleverCowboy--who will personally arrange for Alizée to receive the card and gift certificate is far more secure, personal, and altogether more satisfactory than any other way of arranging to deliver this gift. It also makes it more likely that we will receive feedback about Alizée's receipt of--and reaction to--the gift.

Scruffy's complete faith (even to the point of guaranteeing that this is legitimate!) in both Blanche and Joanna is enough for me. I think we are extremely fortunate that Scruffy and CleverCowboy have been able to successfully connect with people who know Alizée and her family and are willing to contact them directly. I can't think of a better way to handle the delivery of this gift, short of someone taking a trip to Ajaccio!
Old 11-29-2019, 09:09 AM

I would never ask the owner of the store to take a picture of the transaction or Alizee. We who've been here for a while know as with the wedding gift, there will probably be no acknowledgement of it by Alizee. That's her policy and those who choose to donate need to accept that up front.

With the wedding gift, her dad Jo was involved in the effort so I'm sure the gift was received by her. In fact, I believe what he said at the time was she would wait until the fall collection came out. It's kind of depressing she wont acknowledge a gift like that but I did warn of that possibility that time and I'm sure this time will be no different.

We'll send a gift. I have no doubt she will get it, she will use it. We will contact the store to see if the card is used, not to prove that she used it but for the main reason, if she didn't, we'd like our money back.

If members don't like this idea, if they want to send a gift, they can do it on their own. They can also have there name added to our card. You don't have to donate to wish her well with this effort.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:29 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

If Scruffy trust these people so will I. If it turns out to be a scam, I will take the ding for that. I don't want Scruffy's money. He has performed quite a few services for this group without recompense as it is.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:16 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence Shepherd, but that offer still stands for you too. I've met people from Ajaccio and I trust in them and in Blanche who recommended this store.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
If Scruffy trust these people so will I.... I don't want Scruffy's money. He has performed quite a few services for this group without recompense as it is.
Well said, Shepherd! I have complete confidence in Scruffy’s judgement!
Old 12-02-2019, 08:19 AM

I had just sent a message yesterday to Blanche about something not concerning this store, but in her response, she did say this about the store.....

"Je vous donnerai des nouvelles du bb ma petite fille danse a l'ecole, et la vendeuse du magasin chonchon est son amie intime d enfance, voila david une tres bonne journee a vous ,a bientôt."

" I will give you news of baby my little daughter dance at school, and the shopkeeper at the chonchon store is her childhood friend, david a very good day to you, see you soon."

So the good people who own and run Chez Paulo restaurant, who I have complete trust in, know the shopkeeper very well.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-02-2019 at 08:29 AM..