Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 12-22-2019, 05:43 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As I recollect, the way we found out Alizée had separated from Jeremy was after the Les enfoires show in January 2012, instead of going back to Paris to be with him, she went to Ajaccio.

It wasn't long after that, she and Matt Pokora were seen together on a couple of occasions.

https://www.voici.fr/news-people/act...moureux-440581

Alizee and Matt.jpg

Here in Febuary, 2012, she was questioned about this relationship and here is what she said.

"3rd part of Alizée’s interview with William Rèjault…

Alizée and M. Pokora: truth or hoax? The answer.

Well she doesn’t really answer but here’s the translation:

W.R.: Are you going to marry Matt Pokora ?

Alizee : To marry? heu… not to marry, no…

W.R.( ironic) : because, i don’t read tabloids, nobody does…

Alizee :sure…

W.R.: … only at the hairdresser store

Alizee : like me…

W.R.: because I saw 2 magazines frontpage about an incredible love story …

Alizee: yes, a lot of magazines…

W.R.: so, I see you become discreet about this…

Alizee: well I prefer to talk about music … "

I got this translation from this site;

https://alizeegermany.tumblr.com/page/116

But I believe their dating lasted only a month or two and I'm quite sure it was after that relationship ended she said she wasn't going to date anymore and was going to devote her life to raising Annily.

In the many months after that, we saw many a picture of Alizee with her very close gay dancer friend Pierre Antoine together at different restaurants, clubs, etc, but never with a straight guy, so even though I'm sure there was an army of men who wanted to date her, I saw little evidence that she dated anyone else, so it appears she was sticking to what she said about Annily.

Later in the year, she was working on her next album '5'. It was supposed to come out in October, but didn't come out until March of 2013. She was also in Les Enfoires in January of 2013 and I believe it was August when it was announced she would be in Dals season 4.

We heard she requested a gay partner because she didn't want any distractions which again indicates she was focusing her life on raising Annily and not dating. Then Dals came along and the rest is history.

I was at that 2012 Les Enfoires show where Alizee met Matt P. This is a video I took of the two of them in a skit where they were teamed as bride and groom and prophetically enough, that didn't last long.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14gZ...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-22-2019 at 06:37 AM..
Old 12-22-2019, 02:38 PM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
At the time of saying this, Alizee knows she is on camera--- millions of people are watching, in particular one viewer named Annily. I'd tend to think that this was for Anilly's benefit.

If there were no cameras present--- if it were truly a private moment with Greg--- in all likelihood, Alizee would simply have told Greg that Jeremy was a jerk.
Or at least been a bit more revealing what went down. Luckily that's all behind her now

Quote:
My theory: Jeremy's ego couldn't handle the fact that Alizee was more famous than himself. Whenever they went out in public, Alizee would be a magnet for attention and Jeremy would be ignored.

Whatever the story is, someone didn't want to be seen with someone.
Yep, I can easily see Jeremy being very annoyed about how both careers played out. While Alizee never saw the same success since 2003 or so, from what I can tell Jeremy did worse, and he resented her ability to stay popular more than him.

Given how he basically bragged about being her husband at one point this type of scenario seems plausible, at least.

Quote:
Rather than being 'fed up with men', I think its the cameras.

Alizee can be very self-conscious on camera, when it gets personal. She felt that she would be less self-conscious on camera with a gay partner because it would, in her mind, be less personal.
Yup. I don't think she wanted to get involved with another man that would bring more drama into Annily's life. Luckily Greg is about as perfect as a stepdad could be really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As I recollect, the way we found out Alizée had separated from Jeremy was after the Les enfoires show in January 2012, instead of going back to Paris to be with him, she went to Ajaccio.

It wasn't long after that, she and Matt Pokora were seen together on a couple of occasions.

https://www.voici.fr/news-people/act...moureux-440581

Attachment 2942

Here in Febuary, 2012, she was questioned about this relationship and here is what she said.

Wow thanks for putting all that together, and the video too! And yeah, Matt Pokora is his name! I remember now. He seems like the Justin Timberlake or France or something along those lines, still very popular today.

I kind of think that entire relationship was something a few music industry insiders cooked up, and not really genuine. Compare the body language here with how Alizee was with Gregoire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UbYFYE9HT0

Frankly she looks a little bored around him. I could easily see this type of thing being completely iintentional and wanting to be seen as to stir up buzz for the two. Both seemed fairly uninterested in whatevber they were doing.

I'd guess after this Alizee just didn't want to deal even with this BS stuff and tried taking a gay dancer in DALS etc after that. OF course, we all know how that turned out, for the better, in the end
Old 12-22-2019, 04:57 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
True
I don't think it is a good thing. I mean, forcing your husband to leave his job in the middle of the show because of your jealousy... Actually, if I remember correctly, we don't know the true reason of why Grégoire left the show, but I guess jealousy is the more likely.
Anyway, the reason why Alizée would have asked for that is quite evident. And I like to thing that Grégoire made the choice on his own: he saw that Alizée was feeling uncomfortable with that situation and so he decided to leave everything in order to stay with her. Since we don't know the truth, this is my version of the story
I think that Grégoire is similar to Alizée, in the sense that he prefers his family to his career.

I don’t think Alizee had any part in Greg’s decision to leave DALS. I’m pretty sure he made that decision alone and that it took Alizee completely by surprise. I can’t imagine her asking or demanding Greg to injure himself that way for her. It doesn’t seem like something in her nature. I haven’t seen anything suggesting she would be that manipulative.

That Alizee would make a scene putting her vulnerability and love for Greg on public display violated everything we know about her deep sense of privacy. That she would humiliate herself that way demonstrates a desperate attempt to hang onto the man she loved. It was pretty dramatic. Then when Greg made a career sacrifice to prove his love and remove the obstacle between them, that nailed the relationship. After that, neither could have any doubts about the other’s fidelity. It’s a great love story and would make an excellent movie.

Last edited by Shepherd; 12-22-2019 at 05:12 PM..
Old 12-23-2019, 02:53 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I don’t think Alizee had any part in Greg’s decision to leave DALS. I’m pretty sure he made that decision alone and that it took Alizee completely by surprise. I can’t imagine her asking or demanding Greg to injure himself that way for her. It doesn’t seem like something in her nature. I haven’t seen anything suggesting she would be that manipulative.
I'd be curious to know what its actually like to be married to Alizee and to live with her.

It would be interesting to know what it would take to succeed in an actual relationship with her. What aspects of her personality would prove to be most challenging?

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 12-23-2019 at 03:00 AM..
Old 12-30-2019, 09:11 PM

Alizée M6 Superkids. I believe this was in 2016

Old 02-18-2020, 12:34 AM

Old 02-24-2020, 11:00 PM

Old 02-25-2020, 10:02 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Two of my favorites from my early fan days, ah good times.

Old 03-30-2020, 01:23 AM

Edit:

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-30-2020 at 01:23 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-05-2020, 07:56 PM