Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 02-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road
Default [TV-Report] 2009-02-24 100% MAG (M6) Oubliées en France, stars à l'étranger.

Forgotten in France , but stars abroad...
No real facts. For the archieves.

Uploaded by Spirit.
HD 1280x720 - 94MB
http://rs70.rapidshare.com/files/202..._by_Spirit.avi

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6O41ERN6

Last edited by Just a Guest; 02-24-2009 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: Extra link
Old 02-24-2009, 05:05 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

thanks JaG...

sadly it's true but at least she's a star somewhere.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:10 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Yes, that's kind of sad really. But while she is no longer a big star in France people still remember her there. Just mention "Moi...Lolita". That song was such a huge hit, it will still be known twenty years from now, so there is still a lot of time for Alizée to make a (more successful) comeback in France. Like Vanessa Paradis.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
sadly it's true but at least she's a star somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Yes, that's kind of sad really. But while she is no longer a big star in France people still remember her there. Just mention "Moi...Lolita". That song was such a huge hit, it will still be known twenty years from now, so there is still a lot of time for Alizée to make a (more successful) comeback in France.
I know, I know. But, I ... just ... don't ... understaaaaaand!!!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:15 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest View Post
I know, I know. But, I ... just ... don't ... understaaaaaand!!!
It is quite simple.

Most of her fans were teeny boppers and testosterone filled young men.
When she got married she lost a whole bunch of her male fans. Annie Lee's birth put another nail in the persona of possibly her being available in the future. Alizée had finally put the final nail in the Lolita's coffin. Burying that part of her life forever.

Then she vanished from the media as well as her fans for four years. That pretty much killed off her teeny bopper followers. They just moved onto the next hot act that filled the void. As they say out of sight out of mind.

Non of this was really Alizée's fault. She had found her life partner and had that moment in her life where she wanted some time off. As we all know Annie Lee wasn't planned so that pushed back her return to the public's eye.

Lets face it Alizée's priorities have changed, her husband and daughter come first. Her musical career now takes a back seat to her family.

If the French don't appreciate what they have lost they never deserve her in the first place. I hope she does well outside of France. That is less money and jobs the French government will see created through tourism and concert ticket sales.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:20 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

i disagree, i think she has to take some of the blame too. she's made some poor decisions herself and there were a lot of other things she could've done better.

just making a blanket statement saying her teeny bopper and young male fans deserting the ex-lolita is what happened is wrong imo. for example, there arguably was some drop-off in the quality and depth of her music as well as her performances, and her music couldn't appeal to the masses like before. and her choice of first single was a poor choice which didn't allow her to have any momentum whatsoever. (though the album lacked that one special song to make it blow up)

but yeah, there were a lot of things out of her control, like the french taste in music changing, lack of promotion/marketing, etc.

she's still got plenty of time to get things right though. all artists have their ups and downs, and they learn a great deal from it.