Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-14-2010, 11:51 PM

Srd93 is on a distinguished road

I actually found out about Alizée about 4 years ago, but I never really paid her any attention until about a month ago. I was searching Blizzcon 2010 videos on youtube (being a life-long fan of Blizzard with SC1 -> WC3 -> WoW for some time -> SC2) and I watched the dance competition video and I saw that guy doing the Night Elf dance. Then I remembered that the dance I was watching was based on a real-life dance and so my interest in her was piqued. From there I looked up JEAM, La Isla Bonita, Moi... Lolita, etc. and well, safe to say, I was hooked.

Now I can't really go a day without doing something Alizée related whether it be watching one of her old interviews, listening to some of her music, or visiting this forum.

She touched me in a way nobody else really has. She inspired me to pursue the one thing I love the most with passion, hard work, and dedication. Drumming.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srd93 View Post
(being a life-long fan of Blizzard with SC1 -> WC3 -> WoW for some time -> SC2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri
I think we're gonna get along just fine
hehe.........

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 11-15-2010, 12:15 AM

Srd93 is on a distinguished road

Hahahaha Blizzard all the way! My dad actually got me hooked on blizzard games when i was six. He had me sit in a high-chair to play SC1 with him and my older cousins XD
Old 11-15-2010, 10:05 AM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srd93 View Post
Hahahaha Blizzard all the way! My dad actually got me hooked on blizzard games when i was six. He had me sit in a high-chair to play SC1 with him and my older cousins XD
Heck yeah, man!! My Uncle got me into Warcraft 2 (and eventually got WC 3, and have clocked in over 100 hours on Battle.net). I was playing Warcraft long before WoW, and still do.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:25 PM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

I Discovered her through Starcraft 2!!! (YEEEEE)

Well, me and this other guy were really looking forward to its release and we were watching an online tournament of SC2 between the pros before it came out. Anyways it was a live feed so of course theres times when there isnt going to be anything going on in between games.

So the commentator would put on his music as he went and got stuff readyu and the match got ready, and then J'en Ai Marre came on and i was like I MUST FIND IT, and after 30 minuets of searching I found it! Hmm seems like Blizzard is well known with a lot of people here.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:00 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I've told the story before how I found out about Aliée before, but I don't think I gave the full details. Working for an airline, I travel a lot. I always take my laptop with me. I don't like to watch movies because I'll seldom watch the whole thing before deciding to take a nap. Instead I like to watch music videos.

It was a little over 3 and 1/2 years ago when I was looking for one of Madonna's songs that I liked but didn't yet have the video for and that was the song Hung up. I searched on Google videos and found it. I didn't really like the video, but during my search, I noticed one hit that was returned showed some nice looking women dressed as Indians. I clicked on that and really enjoyed the video. It was actually from a video that a Danish group had recorded and someone dubbed Madonna's song over it. It came out really well imo.

That gave me the idea to try and find some other videos for songs where I liked the music, but didn't like the video. Seeing how I was already looking for one of Madonna's songs, I decided to stick with her. Well in that process of looking through her other videos, I saw that hit that I think so many other people discovered her through for Alizée's rendition of La Isla Bonita.

As I've told the story before, I watche LIB and thought she was a beautiful girl with a beautiful voice, but that didn't really impress me that much because it was one of Madonna's songs. I wondered if she had any songs of her own. Well I did a search and quickly found out she had a bunch. I clicked on Moi Lolita in Amsterdam, mainly because I had been there before and liked it there. Well it was truely like OMG, what have I stumbled upon here. I don't know how many times I watched that video that night. It was a moment that changed my life.
It's kind of ironic that I found her because of the song I'm hung up, then she winds up singing it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CEfxI2tyO34?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CEfxI2tyO34?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

EDIT:
I don't know why it took me so long to think of this, but I just dubbed Alizée's version over this video. I think it's because when Lily came out with her version of the song, I was kind of upset. I didn't want to see all thay eye candy on stage. All I wanted to see was Alizée. But if we're going to look at eye candy, this is a decent video to do it to.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e5NGne2GmfU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e5NGne2GmfU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

By the way, I believe the main star of this group is Tommy Seebach.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-15-2010 at 06:08 PM..
Old 11-16-2010, 01:52 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Thanks Scruffy. Alizée's versions sounds a lot better than the other one.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Thanks Scruffy. Alizée's versions sounds a lot better than the other one.
Yeah, but the combo of Alizée's voice and that video is making me ROTFLMAO. Thanks Scruffy.

It's amazing the various ways people find out about Lilly. Most of it involves hyperlinks, though. God bless the internet.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 05-30-2011, 01:22 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road
Default when did discover Alizee?

I am new Alizee fan, having discovered her in November 2010. I have not stopped listening to her music since. Her voice is #1 in the world for sure. I cant go more than 1 hour w/o hearing her voice. I am glad i found her and cant wait for her new cd soon.

New Fan 2010
MZ Racing
Sioux Falls, SD
Old 05-30-2011, 03:56 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the club mzracing76. I'm probably the oldest member here and I was smitten by her a little over 4 years ago. I hardly ever listen to anyone else but her now. Maybe you could do more to tell us exactly how you found out about her, by Youtube maybe?

You can find out how others discovered her by reading through this thread. It's a thread to which your post will probably be added.

EDIT: Your post was moved so I deleted the shortcut.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-30-2011 at 07:59 PM..