Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-14-2013, 03:48 PM

Jordy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Still ... I hope those ways are clean ... Because it sure is strange that the first country to make a "legal" review of the album is slovakia while no one in france was allowed to officially review it...
This is not about review, it was just a chance to hear it, we just wanted to make something for other fans...

Quote:
I have already checked ALL of your posts, and i still find this really, really bizarre.. I don't think that Alizée knows that people already started getting the album in eastern countries.
We are not an eastern country, we are central europe, we are as far to the east as for example austria, and if you reffer to political separation of europe to west and east, it ended 23 years ago... so to call us eastern country is actually quite a lot offensive for us.

Quote:
So you admit this is a leak, right... Because the role of any reviewer is to make a proper analysis of the album to give first impressions to the public. If you keep it for yourself , it's a fraud.
No, it's not a leak, we just got lucky to hear it official way, we did not get it to write a review, just had a chance to hear it, the review was a little gift for other fans, which as we know now was a big mistake and if we ever get a chance to hear/see something special, it will never happen again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
Guys, what Karin did was a nice thing. She heard the album, and gave us the review that she could. I for one am happy to hear that all of the songs sounded nice, because I honestly don't care what they are about, I don't speak French. Karin let us know that her voice sounds good, and the music sounds good. For most of us here, that's all we are going to understand about the songs anyway.

Thank you Karin, I am looking forward to the album very much.
Exactly Brian, you understand the idea of it, that's exactly the point of the whole "review"

Last edited by Jordy; 02-14-2013 at 03:54 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Old 02-14-2013, 03:53 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Jordy and Karin, the views of some do not represent the views of all.

Many are glad to hear some good news about the album.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I appreciate Alizée-Life's dedication to Alizée and her fans. They are my best source for up to date info. Thanks for your comments on the new album.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Guys, what Karin did was a nice thing. She heard the album, and gave us the review that she could. I for one am happy to hear that all of the songs sounded nice, because I honestly don't care what they are about, I don't speak French. Karin let us know that her voice sounds good, and the music sounds good. For most of us here, that's all we are going to understand about the songs anyway.

Thank you Karin, I am looking forward to the album very much.
Quote:

I agree with Brian. I appreciate what Jordy and Karin did. I would just like to point out that they consistently promote Alizée every day on Facebook and Twitter. Why wouldn't they deserve to hear it as much as anyone else? I don't see how this is an issue about what country one is from. I think any good fan of Alizée has just as much right as any other to take advantage of such an opportunity. Any time someone from the Alizée community of fans gets such an opportunity, I am happy for them.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
This is not about review, it was just a chance to hear it,

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, some people are glad , thank you for sharing your thought over the album. i'm just wondering how you did that , because this might not be legal. I checked sony music czechoslovakia if there was any sign of press release , there was none. If it worked for you , it should work for me right? I'm gonna get some information to be sure.

Quote:
We are not an eastern country, we are central europe, we are as far to the east as for example austria, and if you reffer to political separation of europe to west and east, it ended 23 years ago... so to call us eastern country is actually quite a lot offensive for us.

I didn't mean to be offensive and if i was, please forgive me, this is just what we learn in school and what the UN says... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Eu...N_geoschme.svg

This isn't pejorative, I'm currently helping medical students in Romania for a few months, and the people here is quite friendly, lots of them speak french btw.

Quote:
No, it's not a leak, we just got lucky to hear it official way, we did not get it to write a review, just had a chance to hear it, the review was a little gift for other fans, which as we know now was a big mistake and if we ever get a chance to hear/see something special, it will never happen again...

You got lucky? Oh sure as hell! The only thing i'm asking you , is how official your official way truly was. If it's perfectly legal right? then why are keeping it secret?

This chance you get, is either something meant for the official press or something that bypass the release date... either way, it's strange that you got to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili4ever View Post
get real, lapinschous. Nobody is going to reveal their ways.
If it's legal, why not?
Quote:
we just wanted to make something for other fans...
Ok then! Tell us how you did it , in details please, i'm really curious !

It should be clean enough for you to tweet it directly @mellealizee , right?

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 02-14-2013 at 04:20 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 04:29 PM

LXND3R is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Bastards...good thing I havent clicked the link. I will not click the link....MUST RESIST THE LINK.
@BrianO1 Exactly Brian...Those description pretty much made my day

@Aaronius31 Aaron....YOU WANT TO CLICK THE LINK...AARON.....YOU MUST CLICK THE LINK...
Old 02-14-2013, 04:33 PM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Maybe because this is a public forum and if they told you how here then someone might figure out a way to get the songs and post them all over the internet ?
Just a maybe and nothing else
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Look, lapinschous, here is an excellent post from Garfie489, from AF:

Quote:
Most media is released a month early to those considered influential to sales. This may be to retailers, reviewers, and occasionally select fans. The media is released early to allow the receiver enough time to write an in depth review of the media, this means on launch day, the public may read these reviews and think that this is something they want to buy. If this procedure did not go ahead, then reviews would either be rushed or late, both being detrimental to sales. In exchange, the receiver hands over their right to free speech, but only in context of the media. They may not distribute the media, preview the media with others, or discuss the media (other than what the media owner has released).

You may remember the original video for A cause d'automne last year, its likely sony france distributed the media, and then changed its mind on release date (because they wanted to re-record the video). They would have collected or destroyed all media sent out to distributors (contractually they have to surrender the media), however its likely they forgot to tell those within their own company, as they should keep records of here all the media is, but they may not record internally, as there is no need for a written contract.

By the looks of it, this person is friends with a review site. Which should be the only one of the three groups who have the music yet (because they have to make an in depth review). Since this is music, selected fans are likely to come next (if it was gaming, they generally come first, same with tv series, but not movies). Lastly will be distributors, who generally get the stuff less than 2 weeks early.

Btw when i say "selected" fans, from my knowledge its not common in the music industry to do this. Alizee is previewing the album for competition winners, but sometimes (only sometimes). Owners of fan sites, and those who make their own media which promotes the brand, may get invites themselves, but these are likely to be under very strict licences. Its most common in the gaming industry where there are annual events, from E3, to Cod XP for people to play unreleased games. Its common in some long running tv series, along with some music artists, and nearly non existent in movies.

The only thing I did not understand is if they got the album for themselves as fans, or they got it with the condition of doing a review. If they got the album for themselves, I have to say big thank you for sharing some lines about the songs.
If they got the album for promotion purposes, I have to say that the review is really poor. I am sure it is the first case, because if I had to make a review for her album I would make sure it would be a long and proper one, and they would do exactly the same.

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm not saying this is a bad thing, some people are glad , thank you for sharing your thought over the album. i'm just wondering how you did that , because this might not be legal. I checked sony music czechoslovakia if there was any sign of press release , there was none. If it worked for you , it should work for me right? I'm gonna get some information to be sure.

I didn't mean to be offensive and if i was, please forgive me, this is just what we learn in school and what the UN says... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Eu...N_geoschme.svg

This isn't pejorative, I'm currently helping medical students in Romania for a few months, and the people here is quite friendly, lots of them speak french btw.

You got lucky? Oh sure as hell! The only thing i'm asking you , is how official your official way truly was. If it's perfectly legal right? then why are keeping it secret?

This chance you get, is either something meant for the official press or something that bypass the release date... either way, it's strange that you got to hear it.

If it's legal, why not?

It should be clean enough for you to tweet it directly @mellealizee , right?

really hard for you to understand yea? That we had the chance to hear it, its thanks someone who works for Sony and we were able to hear it. And thats all. We dont receive CD to take it home, and we must sign some papers to have it black on white. BUt this ALL I wrote much time later.

In France Alizée gave many promo CDs to people, and was something written on Sony FR site? no. Nobody care. That some official but private stuff ends in shop and its selled? - again nobody cares.

They are many people who have moooooooore things which were not released, and you know them and you have no idea about it. And nobody ask them why, where and how... how easily, they have contacts and thats all. We have 0,00001% of the unreleased things from all unreleased things what were made.

Tags
judgement day will happen, sooner, the leak is inminent, yep.still waiting...