Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-01-2013, 07:16 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Yesterday in Paris, I stopped in at the Madeleine church where I took care of some business. I wont go into details because I know some members here get upset about religous stuff.

I then went over to the Seine where there is a building that's a very prominent building on Google Earth. It's near the place de La Concorde. It's has a glass and metal frame domed roof. They have different art fairs and exhibits there and an occassional motocross race...........jk. They had an art fair there, so I decided to get my dose of culture for the trip.

By the way, the final metro score was Scruffy 17, Ray 12, Jake 8. In all fairness to Jake, he was only on it the one day. Ray lost 4 points for twice opening the car doors when no one was getting on or off. I got 2 points for surviving a pickpocket attempt.

After the art fair? I went to the Virgin megastore. I was surprised by what I saw. It looked like a normal store doing a very good business, but this was Easter weekend here and the streets are jammed, so I don't know if what I saw was an accurate picture of what normally goes on. The main difference was the first floor that used to be fairly open except for racks of mostly new releases. It was easy to tell ther were no more events going on here. This area was filled with not well labeled racks of cds, dvds and books, but the 2 upper levels looked much the same. The cd section is smaller than it was, but still a good size.

I asked a couple young ladies sitting behind a help desk what the status of the store was and they said it was kaput. It would probably close in april or may.These girls too were very freindly and eager to answer my questions.

One thing I found disturbing was that at the begining of each row of cds, facing the aisle was a rack with new releases. Not one of these racks had Alizee's new album. I did find it in the French variety section. They had 3 slots for it on these vertical shelfs. The one promising thing I saw was that each of these slots probably held aboud 15 cds. Well the slots around hers were just about all full, but most of the ones in hers had been taken. So it's obvious that people are looking for it. It's a shame it's not in a more prominent location. Afterwards I thought maybe I missed it, so I asked a clerk where the new album 5 was and he did bring me to that French Variety section. Maybe I'll mention this to Iris.

Later on I went to mass at that same church. Then I stopped by the Olympia theater. For those family members following along, the Olympia is a theater where Alizee performed 6 times during her tour? parts of which are included in her En Concert dvd. I'll show it to you when I get home if you'd like. I had hoped to get in, but no soap. I may try to go to a show there before I leave.

Today I stopped at the Hotel de Ville again, hoping to see an exhibtion they had on the Resistance during WW2. Unfortunately it's not open today. I'll see it before I go. so I thought to stop nearby at where the Lucky record store used to be, that used to sell a lot of MF and Alizee stuff. Well they had indeed not closed, but moved. I remember hearing they were nearby so I walked down the street crossed a larger street, went a short bit further and they were right there. It looked much the same too. A lot of it was devoted to Madonna and another good sized section to MF. On one of the other posters was the cover picture for ACDLA. They too were closed, but Ill stop back.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-01-2013 at 07:19 AM..
Old 04-01-2013, 11:53 AM

Well its the end of the business day here, 5pm that is and no word. I think this will be a nail biter right down to the end. If I have not heard from them by mid afternoon I will go to fnac and demand my money back,...............jk,............but at the expense of getting on these peoples nerves, I will tell them I haven't received any word yet and ask them what I should do.

Today I had lunch at "The" Happy days diner near the Hotel de Ville. I also bought a ticket for a show tomorrow night at the Olympia.

If I get into the theater, I'll have earned a second gold leaf cluster on my stalker badge. I just hope Euphoria will find a way to forgive me.

There 's a lot going on here for a monday. Maybe I'll put together a video when I get back.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:14 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

I just hope Euphoria will find a way to forgive me.
No matter what you do she'll find some way to implicate me for encouraging you and your extra curricular activities in Paris.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:

By the way, the final metro score was Scruffy 17, Ray 12, Jake 8. In all fairness to Jake, he was only on it the one day. Ray lost 4 points for twice opening the car doors when no one was getting on or off. I got 2 points for surviving a pickpocket attempt.
Ah, I didn't realize you were also a statistician! As for the doors, I like buttons and levers, and I thought people were getting on. Twice. I hadn't realized they can also open the doors from the outside.... Also, maybe I did survive being pickpocketed, and just didn't know it because there were no snitches around, and I was pickpocket-proofed already.

Quote:
After the art fair? I went to the Virgin megastore.
I forgot to mention that when I was walking around the neighborhood Friday morning I found a VirginMegastore in the Gare du Saint Lazare. I walked in and peeked around for the album and was also disapointed that I didn't see it prominently displayed. It may have been there hidden though, but I had expected more.

Another 'Happy Dog' for Scruffydog?
Old 04-01-2013, 05:08 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well its the end of the business day here, 5pm that is and no word. I think this will be a nail biter right down to the end. If I have not heard from them by mid afternoon I will go to fnac and demand my money back,...............jk,............but at the expense of getting on these peoples nerves, I will tell them I haven't received any word yet and ask them what I should do.

Today I had lunch at "The" Happy days diner near the Hotel de Ville. I also bought a ticket for a show tomorrow night at the Olympia.

If I get into the theater, I'll have earned a second gold leaf cluster on my stalker badge. I just hope Euphoria will find a way to forgive me.

There 's a lot going on here for a monday. Maybe I'll put together a video when I get back.
I thought its free day today in France, cause Easter monday... hmm

Old 04-01-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
I thought its free day today in France, cause Easter monday... hmm
What is a free day..........free food at restaurants.............I was gypped!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:50 PM

Jordy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What is a free day
I'm not sure if you are just joking, but to be safe, she means holiday.

Because you said "Well its the end of the business day here" but it was actually holiday because of the Easter Monday.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:02 PM

Well Karin had quoted all of my post , so I didn't know what part she was talking about and I had never heard the term free day used in conjunction with holiday. It must be a European expression.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:23 PM

Jordy is on a distinguished road

Yea, well free day is actually literal translation from our language, it means day off/holiday

And because it was Easter Monday, it was holiday in france (and in almost the whole Europe as well), so the fact they didn't contact you might be just becasue they didn't work today
Old 04-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I didn't know about Easter Monday. In the US, there is no official holiday or day off for Easter, although many companies give Good Friday off. But Easter Sunday is important for many people here.