Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-19-2013, 08:10 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

great point from a girl from Australia

"Seriously, if you can’t tell the difference between Chechnya & Czech Republic, or you’ve not heard of Chechnya until now, you have problems."

Old 04-19-2013, 08:19 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

I have been looking for ten minutes and I did not find a single tweet mistaking the countries, the only tweets I find are people talking about the confusion, the joke about Bush and the news about the ambassador statement.
I would be happy if I could read 5 or 6 of those ignorant tweets.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:23 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
I have been looking for ten minutes and I did not find a single tweet mistaking the countries, the only tweets I find are people talking about the confusion, the joke about Bush and the news about the ambassador statement.
I would be happy if I could read 5 or 6 of those ignorant tweets.

Last edited by Karin; 04-19-2013 at 08:31 PM..
Old 04-19-2013, 08:27 PM

Jordy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Then you are stereotyping a few people you see online to an entire a nation (a nation that is the 3rd largest in the world in terms of population) in which makes you sound unintelligent. You can honestly say America has all types of people since we are so large, that is why we are considered a "melting pot" however I prefer to call it a salad bowl of people!
I am not stereotyping, I know just "few" people there are like this, that's why I said:

"Stupid people are everywhere in the world"

but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Well it seems that in the media, more often than not it's the idiots who get interviewed, who get quoted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
... news here likes to show the things that will make people the most excited sometimes, and not always the full story....
and that's the problem, it's not like I hate USA because it's full of stupid people because I know it's not, but I hate the fact that these stupid people you have there gets usually all the attention of media and some media even support their stupid opinions and spread it so other people get the same opinion.

Also, when you said that USA is the "3rd largest in the world in terms of population", so you have a lot of types of people, it also means there is much higher chance that some of those stupid ignorants will make it quite high in their career, let's say... for example... oh yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
when George Bush came here... and told he came to Slovenia, and asked wheres the sea
But I have to say that

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Just ignore the morons and always choose the appropriate response to the specific situation.
is right, so I guess I should just ignore certain things now, 'cause I also hate egoistic people.

But now I see the fun side of this.
So few stupid people in USA are threatening us with invasion... fine, now it's us next week it will be someone else, who cares.

But the rest of the world is now joking about the USA (yea about the whole country, stereotyping, you can't help it ). There are tweets from all around the world making fun of 'mericans.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:28 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Feel your pain Karin....i really do.
If i had 1kc for every time i had to explain to someone that i'm not from 'Ireland' and that i'm actually British i would be a multi millionaire by now.

Only those who have to suffer it realise how really, really irritating it is.

The last time i went to Brno the travel agent asked me 'Where is that?' 'Is it in Yugoslavia?'

Gross stupidity is everywhere :-)

Last edited by Junkmale; 04-19-2013 at 08:35 PM..
Old 04-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Feel your pain Karin....i really do.
If i had 1kc for every time i had to explain to someone that i'm not from 'Ireland' and that i'm actually British i would be a multi millionaire by now.

Only those who have to suffer it realise how really, really irritating it is.
Well bud you knew me for a while and I'm American and have I ever once needed you to explain to me the difference between Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland? I'm only one person and I knew the difference shouldn't that mean there are other Americans who do too?

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 04-19-2013, 08:41 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Absolutely FRA.........

Believe it or not it's usually in England that i have to explain it the most.
Canada was the worst though. Seemed to be every five minutes or so that someone needed a short geography/history lesson :-)
Old 04-19-2013, 08:42 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:

So what... ? that's called a rumor spreading. It only takes one mistake from a news agency to get yourself one. But honestly a handful of tweet isn't gonna affect the reputation of your country, stop being that oversensitive...

Quote:
well... but this is not little game, when embassy must make statement about how thing really are, to stop all bullshits which are flying now in medias!

The way explain why your embassy even deigned responding to this nonsense is because of the fact that the less influent a country is on the international stage the quicker it is to feel attacked in its pride and is prone to fall into anti americanism... that's why the US doesn't give a crap is south sudan accuses them of economic warfare... or just like france doesn't care if morocco accuses us of setting up the war in Mali.

btw... don't pay to much attention to the invasion threats of the US, whenever americans are frustrated by something they want to resolve it through a military solution ... they even talked about invading france after we said no to their war in iraq lol. xD

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 04-19-2013 at 08:46 PM..
Old 04-19-2013, 08:43 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
Also, when you said that USA is the "3rd largest in the world in terms of population"...
Someone else said that, not me.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

If one really thinks America would go to war WITH ANY COUNTRY based on 2 individuals who are not affiliated with or funded by that said said nation then you have even bigger problems than the individual posting such nonsense!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!