Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road
Default New album 2012 - Expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
I just wonder how long it would have been sustainable.. at least sustainable at the expense of Alizee's personal life and happiness. MCE didn't sell a much as G I don't think. Her audience was growing up. You look at Miley, Britanny, Cristie A, all of these stars had to pay some personal price to maintain their stardom. Alize has always said she was a provincial girl from a little island, not the big mega star that they made her into. Also the music industry collapsed, with the growth of youtube. In fact I'm sure a lot more people listen to alizee than there are album buyers. that would not have been as easily as possible during the pre-youtube years of Alizee's first two albums..

would i have loved to have hear more of M&L's produced Alizee albums? Sure! But not at the cost of her happiness.

I mean do you really see Alizee following the trend of these misfits parading around int heir underwear because that what they think sells music?

I think this post from wildfire is very good to start this topic.
"Do I really want Alizée dancing around in her underwear because thats what they think sells music?"
Well, it depends. If she is happy to go with that, why not?
If the music is good and blends well with a revealing outfit, why not?
You compare her with Britney, Miley and Lady Gaga, but there are more female artists that have a sexy image without having to roll seminaked in the floor: Beyoncé, Kylie Minogue, Lana del Rey...
Besides, she showed everybody this year at Les Enfoires that she can be and act sexy with just her singing, her movements, and her face, regardless of what she is wearing.

She has to find the balance and the right formula. Image will be very important, and a very good first single too. I know it is easy to judge now, but I think Psychedelices had a lot of potential. It had two or three songs good enough to be in the charts, there was expectation from the media being her comeback... but poor decisions on her image and the selection of the singles (PLP hello?) made that album not as successful as it could be.
For UEDS I am convinced she was happy with the product and doing what she wanted, but we know what happened and the fact that she is not following that music path tell us something.
That tell us that maybe she does not want to be an "indie" artist that much. She is targeting the new album for "a wider audience" so I reckon she wants to go to the mainstream route again.
In my opinion her Twitter activity and her recent attitude about the latest rumors about her life confirm that desire of her.

And thats why I think this album could be her last one. If she is aiming for the big audience and fails, there is a realistic possibility that we dont have more music from her. I can see her being fed up with the music industry and retiring, having another child, opening a dance academy in Ajaccio or something like that.
So I hope everything goes right and her new album is successful. I would really like to see her doing concerts again. She still have loyal fans but we are too few and too spread around the world to have the possibility of going on Tour.

So what are your expectations? What do we want from the new album?
Would we be happy if she is a big success again but we hate the album and feel that she "sold her soul"?
Would we be happy if we love the album but it is a complete fail in commercial terms?

We all want happiness for Alizée. But we see her hiatus time as a mistake. Even if she was happy at the time. Didn´t we all want her happiness? Why we complain then?
What do we want?
Old 03-14-2012, 01:10 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

The music industry is nothing like it used to be when I was younger.
Today, there are talented artists who, no matter how they and their managament team plots their future, will never succeed, even though they have a following.

Then there are the artists who, having not so much talent as timing, could not make a mistake in their career no matter how hard they tried to mess it up for themselves.

If, and this is purely conjecture on my behalf, Jeremy has given Alizée advice, which she followed, trusting him to offer her the best information he had at the time, and she is now in her current situation as a result of this advice, opinions may already be formed by some of her past advocates, which may never be changed, no matter how amazing her new CD may be.

This business is that unpredictable.

We could state that we want only the very best of everything for Alizée, which includes health, happiness, success, and wealth. However, all we can do is support her, no matter what she brings out for her next CD, and no matter how her efforts are received by the media, and the public.

It is as if she is our adopted child for whom we would do most anything and for whom we want only the best of everything. However, in the end, we will love her and remain true, no matter what others may think or state to her detriment.

This is how I have conducted myself from the beginning, and I know there are a lot of others here and on other forums that have done similarly. They may not classify it as I have, but the end result appears to be this way.

If she succeeds, we will know that she had it in her to succeed. If she does not, we will not understand why others cannot see in her, what we see, both singularly and collectively, but the end result will be what it will be.

Best that we keep a positive outlook and keep our expectations realistically high but not over the moon. That way, we have room to become even more excited when the CD comes out if we love it, but are not so pumped up that no matter how great it might be, our expectations will not be fulfilled.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:52 AM
For me... formidable

That is very interesting C-4
It seems that she has a big mountain to climb. Not only the music industry is in a difficult time, but I have the feeling that a lot of people nowdays either don't like her at all or don't even know that she is still around making music.
On top of that, her last album did not make any impact, so it will be more difficult to promote her new one.
I am sure she is aware of all of these things, I will die to know what she thinks about that and what her plan is.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:22 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

SpanishFan,

I agree with your observations. Knowing these things as I am sure she does, hopefully, her new management team, along with her, will strive to make the very best impression they can. She has been doing more TV, the Le Enfoires charity shows, and such.

I would imagine that as her CD gets closer to being released, her management team, and Sony, will make every effort to have Alizée in the public eye as much as is possible.

She has had a lot that would bring down any person having to go through a marriage problem. I am sure she was in love with Jeremy, but I feel personally that they got too serious, too fast. When Annily came along, this put the brakes on anything Alizée might have had planned.

I am sure she has grown in maturity and is now far wiser then she might otherwise have been. I also feel that she is tough inside and plans to not let this problem, or anything else get in her way as she strives for success this time.

(Using a translator) "L'enfer hath aucune fureur comme une femme a méprisé."
Old 03-15-2012, 06:30 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Expectations? Well that's a deep subject and I'm not being sarcastic. My expectations or maybe I should say hopes or better yet dreams are that she will somehow capture the magic of the early years. But I'm sure that's a dream that will never happen.

First of all there was her great beauty back then. Look at her in her jam outfit, here this young lady with the girl next door looks; so sweet and innocent looking, appearing in this tremendously sexy jam outfit and she looked absolutely stunning in it. Then there was that beautiful white dress of En Concert. Again she looked stunning imo. Now she's taking a lot of that beauty away with her tatoos. Whenever I see her in a performance such as this years Les Enfoires and she moves in a way that exposes a tatoo, my attention is immediately drawn to it. I guess the brain knows that something looks a kilter there and it is drawn to it.

Now she still looks awesome, but she keeps chipping away at the beuaty that sets her apart from so many others each time she adds a new tatoo. So she can never have in that department what she had before.

Now how does she replace the music of LB. Such great music, so perfectly suited for her voice. Can she hook up with someone like him. Anyone anywheres near as good as him would probably already be working for someone else. With LB, music wise there wasn't a bad song on her first 2 albums. We can never hope for that on this next album. She'll be doing good if she can come up with 3.

Then there are the lyrics. Again she can't hope to find someone any where near the ballpark MF is in. You read about Mylene on the internet and it's just one success after another and a very long history of it. Again, any "good" song writer, will probably be workiing for someone else.

Her dancing can add a lot to her performances. She looks so good when she's dancing. She's still incredibly talented in that department, but it will first be the songs that make or break the album. If it does well, some videos featuring that great dancing ability, can have a big affect on how well each of the good songs do.

She's been on a learning curve since the split and I think that curve is way to gradual. These latest tatoos prove it. If she had any marketing savy at all, she would have waited until after this new album is released But I still feel she doesn't know what she's doing. With Psych, she was clueless that PLP was the best song on the album and even her great dancing couldn't have done a thing for MJ, the feature song of the album. Will she even recognize the best songs of the new album?

So my dreams are just that, a dream that will never happen. My expectations are that there will be 3 good songs on the album. Hopefully she'll realize which ones they are and come up with some good videos and or dance routines for them. A lackluster one like she had for Les Collines is not going to impress anyone who matters.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-15-2012 at 06:33 PM..
Old 03-17-2012, 12:43 PM
For me... formidable

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
I am sure she has grown in maturity and is now far wiser then she might otherwise have been. I also feel that she is tough inside and plans to not let this problem, or anything else get in her way as she strives for success this time.
That was exactly my thinking... until her new tattoo episode. I was very optimistic until then.
A solid performance in Les Enfoires. A lot of communication with the fans via her Twitter. More presence in the media because the Pokoragate...
I was thinking: "Mmm, it looks that she is happier now, and maybe taking the right steps to come back with a great album. She looks confident and she is dancing again"

Then, I saw that tattoo and my thoughts went the opposite way: "Is she clueless? She is acting like a teenager again. Texting on Twitter, flirting with Pokora and then denying it..., getting a Forever Young tattoo...

Probably the truth is somewhere in the middle of both thoughts. I was very optimistic after LE, and now I have some doubts.
Hopefully something will happen soon that makes me feel optimistic again.
In Sony we trust
Old 03-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
Then, I saw that tattoo and my thoughts went the opposite way: "Is she clueless? She is acting like a teenager again. Texting on Twitter, flirting with Pokora and then denying it..., getting a Forever Young tattoo...
Not to mention the multitude of duckface photos.

Maybe this is the MJ effect, maybe they just worked her too hard during her teenage years and this is the aftermath.

Is Sony going to be calling most of the shots this time around? If Alizee were the one in charge, a la UEdS, it might be easier to tell what we can expect from the new album. If that's not the case, I'm not sure what they may plan to have her do.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 03-17-2012, 11:33 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Not to mention the multitude of duckface photos.

Maybe this is the MJ effect, maybe they just worked her too hard during her teenage years and this is the aftermath.

Is Sony going to be calling most of the shots this time around? If Alizee were the one in charge, a la UEdS, it might be easier to tell what we can expect from the new album. If that's not the case, I'm not sure what they may plan to have her do.
I fear that she will be expected to do the things she left MF/LB for. The problem now is that she is without other options if she wants to take another stab at success in music. I fear that she will give in and based on recent behaviour (adolescent,gothic,increased luminati symbolism), she already has.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:54 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
I fear that she will be expected to do the things she left MF/LB for. The problem now is that she is without other options if she wants to take another stab at success in music. I fear that she will give in and based on recent behaviour (adolescent,gothic,increased luminati symbolism), she already has.
You're going to have to explain that one to me...
Old 03-18-2012, 12:42 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
You're going to have to explain that one to me...
Just stating facts. Too controversial to discuss on the public forum. You may pm me or research it yourself.