Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-22-2010, 08:49 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Agree with most of the points by Lefty and Deepwaters. Good analysis.

I must say the group of musicians she has worked with are excellent. I congratulate them all, the songwriters and of course, Alizee for such a great work of art. Proud to be her fan
Old 04-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
Too bad the "happy go lucky" type of dancing she displayed in the music videos for the first two albums (L'Alize, Moi Lolita, JEAM, etc) doesn't really fit in with the mood of the newest release. I really do miss seeing her dance

As for the album being a masterpiece, I would say that as a whole, this album is definitely excellent. One song seems to flow into the next and there doesn't seem to be anything that sticks out like a sore thumb. I've been listening to this album for maybe 2 weeks now and for some reason it mellows me out when I'm not in a good mood. So I love it.
Times like these I wish I were there for the whole ten years.
Oh well, better late than never!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
The downside - I think the percussion is lacking in places.
Oh yes, I think most of the percussion is atrocious.

But I do love Grand Central in every aspect. I can't say I see any hope for "Une Fille Difficile" though, and it is my least favorite. This album is definitely pretty good, but I think the instrumental scheme kinda wrecked it in places (composition = good, sound = bad)

Maybe it's just because I dislike electronica.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
Maybe it's just because I dislike electronica.
Yeah, my genre of choice has always been progressive rock. But I've dabbled in folk, pop, electronica and a few other types of music which has helped me become more accepting and appreciative of some of the genres that I didn't care for in years past. But there are still some musical genres that I just can't stand myself. I'm sure that's true for everybody. Since I enjoy Alizée a lot, I feel fortunate that she hasn't gone in a direction that I would find hard to listen to.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:36 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Glad to see you're still around Brad, and yeah I like this album too. It does reflect what direction she wants to take and obviously it's a different direction then before. I for one respect this, and enjoy her new direction as well. Although I must admit I enjoyed her first two albums more, mainly because of her performances associated with these songs.

But I don't agree with those that would like to see her come back in her old style, the fact is the artists who have tried to come back like they were before have failed miserably. She's changed, this is who she is now and what she wants to do musically. If you don't like it it's ok, I doubt that she's expecting everyone to like it. In fact I would suspect that around this time she probably expected her old fans to have moved on or moved out already.

As far as the lolita image she portrayed in her previous two albums, that image will never die. Her performance's in those years are forever memorable to anyone who has seen them. Treasure them with all your heart, but have enough sense to know that it's in the past. I know this might hurt a little, but it's the truth ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
I am going to point out something people seem to forget CONSTANTLY: she wanted orignally to be a dancer. But do to a sad rule, she couldn't. But she did get to perform. She (thankfully) could sing very well. That loophole is the only reason she became a singer. So when she was with MF/LB, it was them who probably decided to reach as high as they did. She didn't want to be a singer, so she probably doesn't care to hit the hieght mf/lb aspired to. That she is even still singing (as opposed to teaching dance, her original dream, you know!) is amazing. If she were to become a dance teacher, we would never see her. I had a nightmare about that happening, there is a thread I started called 'Les Collines-aphobia' (sorry, can't link from phone). If she wants to, I would not hate her. But. Would certainly miss her a great deal. I can't say I never see it happening, especially with her recent dip in activity.
VVVA no one has forgotten this I think, it's more like we realize that people change and their views and taste change with them, so you can't expect some one to stay the same or think the same all their life. This is the case with Alizée, she doesn't seem to like dancing anymore otherwise we would see it.

I should add that it does take a lot of work and time, which might be the case that Alizée might not have such time. Or she simply might choose to invest her time in other things, like her daughter for example. Which is probably why Brad is not here as often, and why he sold this forum to Ben.

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 04-22-2010 at 10:48 PM..
Old 04-22-2010, 10:46 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

what Nifelvind? THAT. ALBUM. IS. AWESOME. but yeah, in all seriousness, this is my third favorite after gourm/MCE the premise and concept of it is interesting to boot
Old 04-22-2010, 10:57 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

Did it ever occur to anyone that her body just might not replicate JEAM maneuvers like before when she had them teen hips? Hell, I'd settle for ML and Gourmandises-like moves,...simple for live performances. This album has snipets in every song where it builds up and hooks me. I'm still waiting for when she becomes inspired enough to belt out some rock lyrics.

Good to see you Ben.

Alizee: Wowww!

Last edited by rcs; 04-22-2010 at 11:00 PM..
Old 04-23-2010, 06:28 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

In particular, 14 Décembre is a masterpiece.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
As far as the lolita image she portrayed in her previous two albums, that image will never die. Her performance's in those years are forever memorable to anyone who has seen them. Treasure them with all your heart, but have enough sense to know that it's in the past. I know this might hurt a little, but it's the truth ;-)
exactly.... they will live on forever but there will be no more like there used to be.... the past is gone... those years of those moves are over, but never forgotten.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:57 PM

Hylas1896 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
I think it is strange what singles they picked, I personally think Limelight and Les Collines are the weakest songs on the album.
This is not unique to Alizee. Singles need to be 'pop-ish' or something or other that often betrays the true nature of an album.

Hylas1896