Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-09-2006, 04:14 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road
Default Mylene Farmer

Is this woman talented or what? Myelene Farmer is extremely talented. The more I find out about her the more I like her. I discovered some videos of Mylene on youtube.com and here are the links...

Desenchantee This video removed from Youtube because of Copyright violations..lol

some Striptease, good lookin

Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutenant are really arguably the force that drove the Alizee machine. Wasn't it their artistic talent that made Alizee?

Since Mylene Farmer is so talented.. how come she hasn't been a force in the entertainment industry in USA? USA is missing out on so many talented Europeans.

My eyes have opened up to the world outside USA.. since discovering Alizee. I look at the world differently now because of Alizee.

Merci Alizee

Last edited by Matrix; 08-10-2006 at 07:40 PM..
Old 08-09-2006, 04:34 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix

Since Mylene Farmer is so talented.. how come she hasn't been a force in the entertainment industry in USA? USA is missing out on so many talented Europeans.

My eyes have opened up to the world outside USA.. since discovering Alizee. I look at the world differently now because of Alizee.

Merci Alizee
probably the same reason why Alizee isnt a force in the entertainment industry in the USA. it didnt attract her becuz of how big it is and how we have "sharks" that would rip her to shreds. she might have actually warned Alizee about staying away from the USA. if thats true, that BITCH! jk. and i know what u mean when u say u look at the world differently. i was thinking this country is the big dog on the block, but theres hundreds of other countries out there that have more to offer

Last edited by nurvonic; 08-09-2006 at 04:36 PM..
Old 08-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Cracka!

Shep is on a distinguished road

Actually, if you think about it, most people famous in the US, musically, are usually from other countries.

U2 (Irish), The Killers (British), Michael Bublé (Canadian), Nobuo Uematsu (Japanese), Dave Matthews Band (South African), Oasis (British), R.E.M. (Another planet), and then there's Alizée (France-- DUH!). All of those are examples from my playlist. Ironically, most American artists annoy me now, that feeling came before I discovered Ali, however.

Mylene is okay but I just can't appreciate her music for some reason.
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey
Old 08-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Cracka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic
probably the same reason why Alizee isnt a force in the entertainment industry in the USA. it didnt attract her becuz of how big it is and how we have "sharks" that would rip her to shreds. she might have actually warned Alizee about staying away from the USA. if thats true, that BITCH! jk. and i know what u mean when u say u look at the world differently. i was thinking this country is the big dog on the block, but theres hundreds of other countries out there that have more to offer
I think the only reason the American Entertainment Industry makes so much money is because we, geographically, are not offered alternatives. If a French guy doesn't like French music, he can check out the British or Spanish industry for alternatives. We aren't that blessed.
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey
Old 08-09-2006, 05:25 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
Actually, if you think about it, most people famous in the US, musically, are usually from other countries.

U2 (Irish), The Killers (British), Michael Bublé (Canadian), Nobuo Uematsu (Japanese), Dave Matthews Band (South African), Oasis (British), R.E.M. (Another planet), and then there's Alizée (France-- DUH!). All of those are examples from my playlist. Ironically, most American artists annoy me now, that feeling came before I discovered Ali, however.
That's kind of a limited list. There are plenty of famous American musicians (including R.E.M., who are from Athens, Georgia).
Old 08-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Cracka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Greg
That's kind of a limited list. There are plenty of famous American musicians (including R.E.M., who are from Athens, Georgia).
Yeah, but that was just from my iTunes list. I know there are alot of good American artists, but that only makes up about 30% of the famous musicians in America.

And I listed REM as from another planet because they're freakin' loopy.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:54 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Haha, if you so say so. It's strange...even though I know they're from Athens, Michael Stipe still reminds me of a British vocalist.

R.E.M. is kinda hit-or-miss for me, especially the last few albums. I loved Automatic for the People, Document, even New Adventures in Hi-Fi. But I only like certain songs from the albums that have come out since then.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Cracka!

I think their best time was from their IRS days and few other songs from different albums, however specifics escape me at the moment.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Can anyone suggest any new American Artists that are good? By new I would mean anyone after 2000.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:08 PM

acer is on a distinguished road

could be because mylene looks like shes a well preserved 45 year old lady, not what i want to see prancing around on stage