Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-29-2012, 09:47 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Well, that case is a little different because I don't believe her suicide was a direct result of bullying, though I'm sure she was bullied quite a bit. In her version of events she is a victim, but if you do some digging that is not actually the case - her death is tragic either way, but the nature of that entire situation is not what it would seem at first glance. I don't like the fact that she's become a martyr or that she has gotten such a huge reaction over hundreds of other, more serious cases, but if it does end up becoming a turning point then I would be grateful for the attention she generated.
For me most shocking part in her case is that how according to her almost everyone who was bullying her. How difficult has it become to have at least one good friend to share your problems? Teenagers won't tell everything to parents and teachers, but not having anyone to share problems doesn't help either.

Victims often aren't in good position to decide what they should about bullying.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
For me most shocking part in her case is that how according to her almost everyone who was bullying her. How difficult has it become to have at least one good friend to share your problems? Teenagers won't tell everything to parents and teachers, but not having anyone to share problems doesn't help either.

Victims often aren't in good position to decide what they should about bullying.
I have talked with someone who went to school with her (the one she eventually transferred out of) and they said that she was bullied a little, as in people tended to avoid her and did talk about her behind her back, but that they only did so because she was unkind to other people - and that was BEFORE she distributed nude pictures of herself. She said in the video that she made that she was "tricked" into taking said photos, but there are actually several online that she took willingly, some even with friends in the same room. She also held a few inappropriate live, public video sessions with several people. The person I talked to said that she embellished her story quite a bit.

Basically, I believe that while it's tragic that anyone would be driven to commit suicide, she brought the contributing factors on herself by making bad choices and pushing other people away from her by having a nasty attitude.

The fact that so many people have expressed sympathy for her and reached out to support her family doesn't bother me, but I have seen people call her a "hero" and an "inspiration". Given what I know of her story, this bothers me a lot. I hope that people don't follow her example and choose to see suicide as a good way to deal with their problems.

----------------------

I mentioned that in our generation there seems to be a lack of identity/emptiness. A good way to fill that emptiness, is with kindness - so I think another important way to deal with bullying is to just be more open to loving other people and accepting love from other people. When one reaches out to another person who is suffering, it can make a huge positive impact for both the victim and the person reaching out.

In our society, I feel that if there were more emphasis on that kind of stuff, everyone would be happier. I think that instead of being reserved and closed-off to strangers, we should look for beauty and good things in everyone we meet - fall in love with them, just a little bit. Enjoy the spirit in others. Having that appreciation for other people not only brings happiness to you, but I think it just makes you project good, happy energy, for lack of a better, less-hippyish way of saying it, and others will enjoy your presence.

If more people lived by that principle, maybe bullying and cruelty could be less common in our society. Never gone, that would be asking too much - just less common.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 10-30-2012, 01:22 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

This is I do when I see a kid or someone Bully another; tie them up and kick the living crap out of them. And to any teacher or Admin Official that allows this type of behavior to continue, I have upon them to be fired, suspended, or fined. I have absolutely no tolerence for this behavior which is why as I mentioned above, supported Legislation in my State Government, as well as Congress to make Bullying a crime. I dont care what Amanda Todd did to piss others off, no human has the right to bully another. As in the case of PHOEBE PRINCE - her bullies were brought to court, tried, and sent either Jail or serve no less than 180 hours of Community Service for the death of Phoebe. Yes, in my eyes, Bullying is a Crime, and Yes - I hold TEACHERS, PARENTS, and STUDENTS accountable thru punishments, fines, suspensions, and Jail/Prison time.

I also want to take a moment to share a little girl's story - a life cut short due to a horrific crime. Back in 1990, Rebecca O'Connell was kidnapped, raped, and murdered by a ruthless madman. She was only 9 years old and full of life. One morning, she was walking from her home to a small convenience store for some candy. This tyrant picked her up, drove to a wooded area, and presumed to torture her, rape her, cut her, and finally stabbing her in the neck. Like I said, a pretty gruesome crime by a ruthless tyrant. No one deserves to die like that, much less a innocent 9 year old girl so full of life. Today, 22 years after this horrific crime, Her killer Donald Moeller will die by lethal injection in the South Dakota State Prison (Sioux Falls). Probally not as painful as the torture he forced upon young Becky. But atleast her Life will not die in vein. May we all remember Becky, and all those who died at the will of others. RIP BECKY -

Please Share her story - Thankyou.

Edit:

If anyone knows how, please google Rebecca O'Connell and find her picture on the internet and please crop her picture to this thread. Please help share her story. I would like to place a picture of here, but I do not know how to do this feature. Thanks.

Last edited by mzracing76; 10-30-2012 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
This is I do when I see a kid or someone Bully another; tie them up and kick the living crap out of them. And to any teacher or Admin Official that allows this type of behavior to continue, I have upon them to be fired, suspended, or fined. I have absolutely no tolerence for this behavior which is why as I mentioned above, supported Legislation in my State Government, as well as Congress to make Bullying a crime. I dont care what Amanda Todd did to piss others off, no human has the right to bully another. As in the case of PHOEBE PRINCE - her bullies were brought to court, tried, and sent either Jail or serve no less than 180 hours of Community Service for the death of Phoebe. Yes, in my eyes, Bullying is a Crime, and Yes - I hold TEACHERS, PARENTS, and STUDENTS accountable thru punishments, fines, suspensions, and Jail/Prison time.

I also want to take a moment to share a little girl's story - a life cut short due to a horrific crime. Back in 1990, Rebecca O'Connell was kidnapped, raped, and murdered by a ruthless madman. She was only 9 years old and full of life. One morning, she was walking from her home to a small convenience store for some candy. This tyrant picked her up, drove to a wooded area, and presumed to torture her, rape her, cut her, and finally stabbing her in the neck. Like I said, a pretty gruesome crime by a ruthless tyrant. No one deserves to die like that, much less a innocent 9 year old girl so full of life. Today, 22 years after this horrific crime, Her killer Donald Moeller will die by lethal injection in the South Dakota State Prison (Sioux Falls). Probally not as painful as the torture he forced upon young Becky. But atleast her Life will not die in vein. May we all remember Becky, and all those who died at the will of others. RIP BECKY -

Please Share her story - Thankyou.

Edit:

If anyone knows how, please google Rebecca O'Connell and find her picture on the internet and please crop her picture to this thread. Please help share her story. I would like to place a picture of here, but I do not know how to do this feature. Thanks.
Your punishment in no way fit the crime. It would be like arresting and firing someone for Jaywalking!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 10-30-2012 at 04:11 PM..
Old 10-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Super User

Paulina is on a distinguished road

1. When does bullying become excessive? Where does the "normal" urge to hurt others (kids will be kids, it was just a joke, etc) end and personal, moral responsibility begin? How much bullying should one put up with before it can be considered a legitimate problem?

I believe bullying becomes a problem when the individual can no longer focus on their school work and begins to show signs of anxiety and depression.

2. What makes people like Amanda Todd more important than the many, many other suicides related to bullying?

I'm honestly not sure. However, like many victims of bullying she showed the signs extreme distress.

3. What are some practical ways to help prevent bullying in a school setting?

I believe some practical ways to help prevent bullying in a school setting is by actually taking it very seriously. Also, I think expulsion of the students who do bullying would be a great start. However, according to law bullies have the right "to learn and stay in school" even if they don't give a damn about learning or being in school. Plus, expelling students from school is extremely hard, so maybe there should be some revisions to how easy it should be to expel troublesome students? In addition, contrary to popular belief many bullies do not end up with dead end jobs after school, many of them actually do become successful because of their sociopath nature and ability to manipulate and use others. Heck, look at the bullies in government and see for yourself.

Last edited by Paulina; 10-30-2012 at 05:19 PM..
Old 10-31-2012, 11:44 AM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

Finally Donald Duck (donald moeller) is dead. We the people of South Dakota put to death a madman who killed a innocent 9 year old girl. What do you got to say for yourself Donald Duck? "I have no regrets, their're my fanclub" is what he told the witnesses of the execution, forever taunting the family of his victim. Well Donald Duck? We will never remember you, your the scum of the earth and good riddance.

REBECCA O'CONNELL will go down in history as South Dakota's Little Princess who everyone adores. Becky was that little girl so full of life and on her way to get some candy. She will forever be remembered as that little girl that symbolizes Freedom, Courage, and Inspiration. She will know as that little girl who was brave, kind, and fun loving. She was in all retrospects - Our Little Girl

RIP BECKY -
Old 10-31-2012, 10:57 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

This song was dedicated to Sophie Lancaster a girl who was killed just because she was a Goth.

I think it's relevent to post it here.. it made me cry and I rarely cry.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AS3p05KX9L0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have no words to describe how I feel.. I just wish I could've known her.

Edit:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P0PIz8EG1Kk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 10-31-2012 at 11:00 PM.. Reason: stop this shit