O Rly is on a distinguished road

Cool, thanks. I didn't know about that site. *goes to dl stuff*
Old 10-12-2006, 03:52 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatchaman View Post
Check this site out guys http://www.keepvid.com

It allows you to download .flv video files from YouTube, Google Video, etc. I'm not sure how long this site will last, so use it while you can.

Oh, and you will need to download an FLV player to view the files. I suggest using this one. Works for both Windows and Mac.
http://www.wimpyplayer.com/products/...lv_player.html
either theres something wrong with my computer, or im just a complete dumbass when it comes to computers, cuz none of that shit isnt working for me

Last edited by nurvonic; 10-12-2006 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 10-12-2006, 04:08 PM

What exactly isn't working for you? Cause everything's ok, except that on some videos the sound is kinda odd.

Anyways, since you said everything just copy in a URL of a video in the tab as shown belowin the attachments.

After that, just rename the file to have a ".flv" at the end and view it in a player like VLC.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg step1.JPG (75.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg step2.JPG (79.2 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by O Rly; 10-12-2006 at 04:32 PM..
Old 10-12-2006, 04:25 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Rly View Post
What exactly isn't working for you?.
my brain isnt working
Old 10-12-2006, 04:34 PM

I edited my post, try what i said there.But anyways i really have to go now.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:09 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

First thing you do..

1. You see the two inch wide rectangle that says "Drag this button onto your links toolbar" Drag that onto the toolbar directly below they provide for you.

2. Copy and paste the link to the video you are viewing and want to save, to the SAME toolbar they provide for you, now you got this really long thing printed in the toolbar.. okay

3. Make sure you use the drop down menu immediately to the right of the toolbar , if you watching a video on Youtube.. select youtube.. etc..

4. Immediately to right of that click Download and wait... wait..

4. Directly below the toolbar you should see Downloading in progress... if you get an error message just try it again. If it works you will get a message saying its completed or something. This is the file you want to save to your desktop or wherever you save files.

5. Click on that and Save the file... wait til its downloaded to your computer then change the file to an FLV file. Go to My Computer, Tools, Folder Options, View, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types

6. This is where i get confused.. im not sure how to change the file to FLV. I got the FLV player... I see the file i downloaded to my desktop but what program do i use to change the file name?

Help!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:16 PM

Gatchaman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
First thing you do..

1. You see the two inch wide rectangle that says "Drag this button onto your links toolbar" Drag that onto the toolbar directly below they provide for you.

2. Copy and paste the link to the video you are viewing and want to save, to the SAME toolbar they provide for you, now you got this really long thing printed in the toolbar.. okay

3. Make sure you use the drop down menu immediately to the right of the toolbar , if you watching a video on Youtube.. select youtube.. etc..

4. Immediately to right of that click Download and wait... wait..

4. Directly below the toolbar you should see Downloading in progress... if you get an error message just try it again. If it works you will get a message saying its completed or something. This is the file you want to save to your desktop or wherever you save files.

5. Click on that and Save the file... wait til its downloaded to your computer then change the file to an FLV file. Go to My Computer, Tools, Folder Options, View, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types

6. This is where i get confused.. im not sure how to change the file to FLV. I got the FLV player... I see the file i downloaded to my desktop but what program do i use to change the file name?

Help!
Just add ".flv" to the end of the downloaded file, and that should do it.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:25 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Thanks, i know that, just add .flv but what program do you use to open the file you downloaded? Dont you have to open the file up to change it? I would think so. Doesnt matter anyways, im not gonna get into this.. but was just trying to help Nurvonic
Old 10-12-2006, 06:34 PM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Here's a similar site but that also has a Mozilla plug in so you can download the flv's directly from YouTube through Mozilla.http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php
It has an animated demo that shows you how its used, being desigend for YouTube it doesn't work at everysite but it does for most of them. And VLC will also play flv's if you have it.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:00 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Record companies smelling the coffee?

http://news.com.com/2100-1025_3-6127...c&tag=r2jmusic

Music companies grab share of YouTube sale
"Three of the four major music companies--Vivendi's Universal Music Group, Sony and Bertelsmann's jointly owned Sony BMG Music Entertainment, and the Warner Music Group--each quietly negotiated to take small stakes in YouTube as part of video- and music-licensing deals they struck shortly before the sale, people involved in the talks said Wednesday. The music companies collectively stand to receive as much as $50 million from these arrangements, these people said...

The deals that the music companies struck for stakes in YouTube should help to shield Google from copyright-infringement lawsuits, an issue that concerned some Google investors when the YouTube deal was first announced. Still, other copyright holders, including the Hollywood and television studios, could pursue legal action if their content appears on YouTube...

Of the four major record companies, only EMI did not strike a deal with YouTube... "

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...