Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

I feel I should probably say this, since there was a lot of (unnecessary IMO) controversy surrounding the portions released earlier. While no official statement has been made, the question "is this a pirate or an intentional leak" can be answered with a lot of confidence by looking at what would be done with an intentional leak versus a pirate.

Just as I felt pretty confident the 1-minute and 20-second snips were intentional leaks because a pirate would leak the whole song, so I feel pretty confident this is a pirate because an intentional leak (which I wouldn't put past Alizée) would leak final quality, not something that might make her sound worse than her best.

So there's another reason I am going to wait. I want to hear the song at its best, and also I have a feeling this leak is wrong, and I don't want to encourage it.

Edit: I also saw someone over on the Alliance reporting that some French music web site or other was saying the release is 04/09/07. So it's not a very long wait, if that's true.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 09-01-2007 at 03:07 PM..
Old 09-01-2007, 03:21 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I feel I should probably say this, since there was a lot of (unnecessary IMO) controversy surrounding the portions released earlier. While no official statement has been made, the question "is this a pirate or an intentional leak" can be answered with a lot of confidence by looking at what would be done with an intentional leak versus a pirate.

Just as I felt pretty confident the 1-minute and 20-second snips were intentional leaks because a pirate would leak the whole song, so I feel pretty confident this is a pirate because an intentional leak (which I wouldn't put past Alizée) would leak final quality, not something that might make her sound worse than her best.

So there's another reason I am going to wait. I want to hear the song at its best, and also I have a feeling this leak is wrong, and I don't want to encourage it.

Edit: I also saw someone over on the Alliance reporting that some French music web site or other was saying the release is 04/09/07. So it's not a very long wait, if that's true.
Tell me, what is this alliance?
Old 09-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
Tell me, what is this alliance?
Alizée Alliance - French website i think - should be a linky around here somewhere . . . .

((looks around frantically))

Anyone see it?

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 09-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Alizée-Alliance, yes.

http://forums.alizeealliance.net/alizee/

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 09-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post

I would have to agree, Deepwaters. Part of my curiosity in looking at the wav file was to see just how rough it really looked. Without going into detail there are quite a number of characteristics that lead me to believe this was not a planned "leak". To be honest, it doesn't even look like a rough mix from a professional studio, but it's probably been altered since it was aquired.

I have every intention of buying at least two copies of all her new music, so I don't feel guilty previewing it, but distributing these leaks to the general public would be wrong.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:19 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

Well this can't be the final version, they used 2 different takes of the choruses while in normal finished songs they'd just keep on repeating the take they liked.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Alizée Cynic

lead2gold is on a distinguished road

Could I get a linky to the full song by PM please?

Thanks
Old 09-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
Well this can't be the final version, they used 2 different takes of the choruses while in normal finished songs they'd just keep on repeating the take they liked.
I noticed that too.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:32 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

I heard the 3:47 version of this song and the teaser we all were surprised with at first is alot better than the rest of the song, the rest of the song is horrible, horrible

If they go live with that it will bomb, period OMG it's a mangled mess, I laughed and rolled my eyes and shook my head after hearing it.

This is not the full complete song, nobody on earth would release that for retail, that 3:47 version is in no way ready for the public. Sounded like a bunch of kids screwing around in the studio, man thats bad really, DONT RELEASE THAT Alizee!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 06:37 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

damn Matrix, why dont you tell us what you really think...lol