Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-21-2006, 12:33 AM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
My bad, when you said the above I assumed you meant a new topic post not an actual banner. LOL, that's what I get for assuming.
Well, I did say I was going to post it, I assumed it was understood what I meant

Ass out of u and me..
Old 12-21-2006, 12:37 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
Here's the fully edited photo, now working on ze banner!

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/1...347by32gz9.jpg

And a comparison of all 3 side-by-side:

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9815/alizeexu6.jpg

The original scanned is still by far the better of the three (in terms of image quality), but since image quality won't matter when it's shrunk, the one on the far right is the best IMHO.
Nice cleaning job Hiby! You'll have to tell me how to do that, though I don't know if it's possible with GIMP.

Yeah, the first pic is better for the shrunken banners and I'll have to agree with Brad that the eyes are beautiful even if it was FX. I like how your rendition maintains the individual hair style.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-21-2006, 12:38 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

I was asked to try my hand at a banner and I'm going to make at least one but probably not for a while because I'll be pretty busy (and I'll be looking to pick up more shifts during the holidays after I wore out my bank account buying gifts). However, this is the last week of school before the break and I'll have more time for things even after the extra work.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:44 AM
You actually read these?

Quote:
Nice cleaning job Hiby! You'll have to tell me how to do that, though I don't know if it's possible with GIMP.

Yeah, the first pic is better for the shrunken banners and I'll have to agree with Brad that the eyes are beautiful even if it was FX. I like how your rendition maintains the individual hair style.
Thanks!

I see no reason why GIMP wouldn't beable to do it, it will just never come out looking the best it can - photoshop simply has more options.

I'd think this tutorial might be a nice place to start, just don't expect your results to be as dramatic as the ones in the tutorial until you do it a few times. http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/5179/

On a side note: Why aren't you using Photoshop? If you say because of the price I'm going to smack you.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Thanks!

I see no reason why GIMP wouldn't beable to do it, it will just never come out looking the best it can - photoshop simply has more options.

I'd think this tutorial might be a nice place to start, just don't expect your results to be as dramatic as the ones in the tutorial until you do it a few times. http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/5179/

On a side note: Why aren't you using Photoshop? If you say because of the price I'm going to smack you.
Cool thanks for the link!

Quote:
Ummm, never mind. *whistles and slowly backs away*

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 12-21-2006, 12:54 AM
You actually read these?

Quote:
Ummm, never mind. *whistles and slowly backs away*
You know, there is a point where price gouging becomes extortion.

Photoshop costs over $600.

Take that as you understand it, because with RMJ here, I'm not going any farther..
Old 12-21-2006, 01:03 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You know, there is a point where price gouging becomes extortion.

Photoshop costs over $600.

Take that as you understand it, because with RMJ here, I'm not going any farther..
i honestly believe companies like Adobe want people like you to pirate their software. they hope you will learn to use it on your own, get tied to their product, and then purchase it when you go to work for a business.

as soon as a new version of photoshop comes out, the key/crack is easily found with a google search .. and they allow you to download the full featured software in 'trial mode' .. that is so easily cracked, they have to be doing it on purpose.

even if you don't want to do anything 'illegal' .. just go download the 30 day trial. it does everything.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:12 AM

Well, I can probably get the student edition for half the price, but for my casual work GIMP has suffice.

Anyway, here are my banners scaled down to 353 x 60 pixels.

Brad, maybe you want to move all submitted banners to the first page? So people can easily compare and vote.

Last edited by Sir Wood; 12-21-2006 at 02:54 AM.. Reason: Added another banner
Old 12-21-2006, 01:19 AM
You actually read these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
i honestly believe companies like Adobe want people like you to pirate their software. they hope you will learn to use it on your own, get tied to their product, and then purchase it when you go to work for a business.

as soon as a new version of photoshop comes out, the key/crack is easily found with a google search .. and they allow you to download the full featured software in 'trial mode' .. that is so easily cracked, they have to be doing it on purpose.

even if you don't want to do anything 'illegal' .. just go download the 30 day trial. it does everything.
Very true.

They take just enough precautions to prevent the average-joe from cracking it.

If they really wanted to make it secure, they would do what apple does with Logic pro, a USB key that needs to be plugged in for the program to launch - still crackable (and has been), but it takes a freaking lot of work to do it.

The best way, IMO, to prevent software from being cracked would be to code a small script that connects to the internet, and sends the software key out for verification. Stick it in many, many places of the program, and make many of the functions call that script - calling the script from a different file nearly every time. GL cracking it, you would have to re-write hundreds of files.

Ok enough geek talk.

What about the banners? lol
Old 12-21-2006, 02:58 AM

Added another banner to my prior set. (I think I'm losing creativity, so it's bed time.)

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=4900