Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-10-2014, 02:29 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacotey View Post
She's not pregnant if that's true.
Well if it's true Rev was right with theory No. 5

But still.... to cancel the entire tour for that?! She or who ever was responsible for this can't be serious. Cancel some shows in December - well ok. If they would have done that I'm sure people would be less furious. Especially if right after they postponed the concert they would explained that she has to do it for the DALS tour. But there's no reason at all to postpone the ENTIRE tour.
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 09-10-2014, 02:32 PM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post
Well if it's true Rev was right with theory No. 5

But still.... to cancel the entire tour for that?! She or who ever was responsible for this can't be serious. Cancel some shows in December - well ok. If they would have done that I'm sure people would be less furious. Especially if right after they postponed the concert they would explained that she has to do it for the DALS tour. But there's no reason at all to postpone the ENTIRE tour.
They could make at least the shows where it was possible to happen, like example Olympia, 1 month before the DALS tour...
Old 09-10-2014, 02:50 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
They could make at least the shows where it was possible to happen, like example Olympia, 1 month before the DALS tour...
exactly! It's rubbish to postpone the entire tour. The concerts in October/November would still be possible.

Maybe they (Sony or I don't know) thought: "Hey do you know what's a brilliant idea?! Ticket sales or not going very well, so wouldn't it be better to let Alizée do the DALS tour thingy so people will see her again and remember that she still exists, don't worry about the fans they will understand... Oh yeah that's a great plan!! We will sell more tickets for the Blonde Tour because of that!!! Yeah we found the solution!! AREN'T WE CLEVER?! No one will remember that we simply weren't in the mood to promote this silly Blonde Tour!! Yeah us!!!!"

... well I don't know what kind of weed they were smoking but disappointing the fans won't help her to sell more tickets and the DALS tour won't help her either. Also they will have a new winner in November. Who will need Alizée?
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 09-10-2014, 03:46 PM

Kronos is on a distinguished road

This is the good news? Is she a professional dancer now or something?

Old 09-10-2014, 07:16 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

It is a shame seeing her relying so heavily on other events like LE or DALS instead of just her, her music, and her projects, no matter how big or small they would be.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:45 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Starts relationship, screws up career. History repeating itself?

I have to confess, I didn't buy any tickets for this (cancelled) 'tour'. Not because I assumed it would be cancelled but because I simply haven't liked anything she has done 'professionally' since she won DALS. I think her so-called "live" performances of Blonde, which were lip-synced, were terrible and she looked as though she couldn't really be bothered to be there. I didn't like any of the tracks on the new album so I haven't even bought that. I don't like the way she looks these days either so I couldn't see how she was going to put on any sort of show that I would enjoy.

I feel really sorry for the international fans who have spent money on travel tickets, booked holidays, hotels etc and I hope you guys can manage to salvage something from the situation but let's be honest, this is not the first time she has let her fans down big time and it's starting to feel just a bit disrespectful. Sadly, I think I'm about ready to draw a line in the sand because in my eyes she seems to have lost everything that made her special.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:56 PM
Elderly Alizée fan

pepon66 is on a distinguished road

hello, sorry, just a few words: She didn´t cancel the concerts, She didn´t cancel the concerts, She didn´t cancel the concerts, She didn´t cancel the concerts, She didn´t cancel the concerts... thanks

Old 09-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepon66 View Post
hello, sorry, just a few words: She didn´t cancel the concerts, She didn´t cancel the concerts, She didn´t cancel the concerts, She didn´t cancel the concerts, She didn´t cancel the concerts... thanks
+1

So, you're saying she's Not an evil human being who planned this all along because she hates everything? Because if I was a new fan reading this thread and other conversations, that's really the impression I'd get. Thanks for clearing that up for me and other fans Pep, you're awesome!

So many people seem to get such a kick out of being really really bitter ._.

I feel very sorry for all the people who missed out on the chance to see her, I can't imagine being where you are. Well, I couldn't have gone anyway.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:52 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
This is the good news? Is she a professional dancer now or something?
No, but finally, after all these years, she is finally getting that she is a performer - NOT a singer. Her magic is the total package.

As a child, cute plus a decent voice plus good songs was enough. She hit a sweet spot and sailed to the top. As an adult, a decent voice is not enough. She would have to have a GREAT voice to get to the top. She doesn't. Don't get me wrong, I really like her voice. I am simply not allowing my own reaction to influence an objective viewpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Starts relationship, screws up career. History repeating itself?....
Very funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
....I don't like the way she looks these days either so I couldn't see how she was going to put on any sort of show that I would enjoy....
I agree. The show was insufficient in many ways. In addition to being poorly promoted, there is a long list if deficiencies that kept it from working, including:
1. She changed her look, just when a new fan base fell in love with the old one.
2. The new looks was not as good overall as the old one. Also, it simply wasn't her.
3. The new album was mediocre.
4. She was not putting together a good enough show. 6 dancers was simply not enough. She would have had to do a lot better than she was planning to do in order to make it work. Don't get me wrong, it would have been a fun night, especially for fans, but ticket prices were too high for what the audience was perceiving that the show would actually be. Also, since it would have been based largely on Blonde, people simply were not drawn to the combination.
5. 6. 7. etc.

I am guessing that, the reason she cancelled the entire tour (instead of just some of the dates), is because DALS did not want the possible negative publicity of Alizée in a mediocre show. It would have reduced her potential as a draw to the DALS Tour. Remember that she was VERY popular last year, and was a key draw for the Tour. Although she won't be the new winner this year, she will still be very popular to this crowd - PROVIDED that she does not mess it up by having negative ratings for "her" show.

If I were DALS, I would have made cancelling her tour as a condition of her joining the DALS Tour. In my opinion, she made the right choice. It is better to be a party to a success that the head of a failure. Had her show bombed, it really would have been the end of her career. Instead, she has changed "certain death into a fighting chance to live."

Overall, I support her decision.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:58 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Everyone has own opinion. But however, it didn't helped Alizée's career and DALS tour will change nothing.

We could visit Paris, visit the famous Olympia (of course the other places too) and see Alizée. I think that was the main reason why fans bought their tickets - to see her live, singing and dancing. In that time wasn't important she is Blonde or the tour is called Blonde.

If she cancelled or not the tour cause DALS, I understand why fans are angry and think the DALS is the reason - cause we got no OFFICIAL explanation...

And if Alizée thinks this DALS "super nouvelle" will make everyone ok, it is a shame. Cause like many pointed: 3 hours of Alizée on Blonde Tour vs. cca 10 minutes on DALS, the score is 1:0, soo...

Last edited by Lucas; 09-11-2014 at 05:01 AM..

Tags
alizee, blonde, olympia, tour