Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 06-28-2013, 05:18 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_HRO87 View Post

And it doesn't make things easier that I feel responsible for being there and taking videos...
I didn't mean to place an undue burden on you. Truth of the matter is, I hope that maybe at least 3 others from AAm will join me in Strasbourg. Though you are the best of the best of the best; between us and other members from Europe I'm sure will be there, I think we'll get the job done. My skills are slowly improving and I hope to have some good tips for the others when the time comes. I'll probably even start a thread about it.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:51 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

I guess I have to cancel my appearence in Strasbourg and all the Enfoirés concerts for the next few years.

I accidently flooded the flat under me because of my stupid washing machine and according to my neighbour I caused a huge damage. I haven't seen it yet but I might have to pay a lot of money so no Enfoirés for me for the next 5 years or so.
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 06-29-2013, 06:30 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I guess I have to cancel my appearence in Strasbourg and all the Enfoirés concerts for the next few years.

I accidently flooded the flat under me because of my stupid washing machine and according to my neighbour I caused a huge damage. I haven't seen it yet but I might have to pay a lot of money so no Enfoirés for me for the next 5 years or so.
We're very sorry to hear that, Jenny. That happened to me as well almost two years ago. The tenant above me flooded our apartment due to a broken washing machine also. I have not gotten paid because my landlord wanted me to claim it against my insurance. However, my insurance valued my loss below $1,000 which was my deductible so I didn't get anything. I'm still thinking of suing my former landlord for this.

But, I remember I didn't get upset though because it happened on Alizee's birthday! I didn't let anything ruined that day for me!

Anyway, I hope the damage to your neighbor is minimal. Good luck!
Old 06-29-2013, 11:19 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Oh no! A few years ago the shower or the bathtub of our apartment was apparently leaking onto the ceiling of the apartment below us but they called somebody in to fix it, I don't know if it was the neighbors or the administration people. Is there any way they could help you with the cost of the damage? Or are they making you responsible for the whole thing?
Old 06-30-2013, 02:45 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Can you consult with a lawyer to find out exactly what damages you are responsible for? Don't just accept the property's owner word with out finding out what your rights are.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-30-2013 at 02:47 AM..
Old 06-30-2013, 03:33 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Sorry to hear that Jenny.

If you are on anything except the best terms with your neighbor, and they are saying that repairs will be expensive, then ask that your own person assess the damage. Also, take photos of everything they say is damaged.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:30 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Oh no! A few years ago the shower or the bathtub of our apartment was apparently leaking onto the ceiling of the apartment below us but they called somebody in to fix it, I don't know if it was the neighbors or the administration people. Is there any way they could help you with the cost of the damage? Or are they making you responsible for the whole thing?
I don't know. It's weird because I called the landlord and one of the guys who works there told me that my insurance has to pay for everything. Well I don't have the right insurance. There are two kind of insurances, one when you are in your own flat and something causes a damage and one when you are in someone else's. I always thought the first one would also pay for stuff like what just happened to me but I was wrong. So I'm not insured at all. So he was like I have to pay it all on my own. My neighbour on the other hand was like that a part of the damage has to be paid by the insurance of the landlord (which I also pay for because it's included in the rent) because the bathroom, the tiles and everything was paid by the landlord and is in the company's ownership. Also some woman from the company who had a look at his flat on Friday said something like this too - unlike the bloke I phoned. So I really don't know what's right and what's wrong. It's either a misunderstanding or it's something like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. He also thinks that my insurance has to pay some of the damage too (while they told me that they don't) and wants to phone my insurance himself.

So right now I don't know what I have to pay and what not, I only know that my neighbour had an expensive carpet that was ruined by the water, that he has small cracks and a hole in the ceiling because of the water and that the walls will need some time to dry off.

My mum is already worried that I might have to pay more than just a couple of thousands Euros for that shit, a lot more... and all because I was being stupid.. I'm totally done with everything in the moment. I have no idea what I could do. I don't want to become this kind of women in her mid-twenties (like I've seen it in our files at work a few times) who's bankrupt and has debts before her life even began...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Can you consult with a lawyer to find out exactly what damages you are responsible for? Don't just accept the property's owner word with out finding out what your rights are.
well I work in a lawyer's office so I can ask my boss if he could help me with this problem. I'm not sure if he can do much about it because the missing insurance is a really big problem but I hope he can manage that I don't have to pay EVERYTHING.
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."

Last edited by Jenny_HRO87; 06-30-2013 at 10:32 AM..
Old 06-30-2013, 03:34 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear that this is so complicated. You are dealing with an issue that I never thought of - that some renters insurance might not cover damage.

I hope he can help. You work in the right sort of office for this kind of issue. The lawyers will clearly understand the language of your insurance contract.

Good luck with it all.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Aw Good luck, Jenny.

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)
Old 10-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Fan since 2008

MelleValetta is on a distinguished road

Someone knows the theme/slogan of the next year?