Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News > UEdS Media

Old 02-27-2010, 08:49 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default [2010-02-27] Alizée interview on France Bleu Radio

Ok, someone needs to create a thread for this. There will no doubt be a recording available before too long. I might have done a cheapy analog recording.

So, I got most of that interview once I got the right link and caught a little bit of what was said. Sorry, I can't really say much due to memory and not following quite well enough.

It was about a half hour long and they played Les Collines and Limelight. Indeed, I could understand some of the English words better. I guess I need to recheck my lyrics for Limelight. It seems that better audio quality (or just different audio quality in this case) makes a difference. Either that or I just have a better idea of what's being said and so could hear it this time.

This will be replayed at 22h (10PM France) and maybe again tomorrow. http://players.tv-radio.com/radiofra...leu_alsace_mp3

Lillytown thread.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 02-27-2010 at 08:51 AM..
Old 02-27-2010, 08:58 AM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

cool find roman merci
Old 02-27-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
my record: http://www.mediafire.com/?mctjgnn21ta

they played "Limelight" and "Les Collines" but "Limelight" is a bit different from the version we know...
Jenny got a good recording.

Merci Fanny
Old 02-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Merci Alizée

Missed it by half an hour. When I came back to home, it was already over..
Thanks Roman for the link.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:38 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

lol I totally forgot to cut out the song in the middle of the interview...
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 02-27-2010, 10:07 AM

People seemed to be talking about Limelight being different from the other recording? It sounded the same to me, except for the quality. That radio edit really blows the music way out of course and one can't really judge from a radio emission or a recording of such.
So, Alizée mentioned that reactions to Limelight from fans were mostly good. Well, I got that impression too, though I wonder what exactly she was looking at. Just curious about how she gets her info.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 02-27-2010 at 10:09 AM..
Old 02-27-2010, 10:15 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
People seemed to be talking about Limelight being different from the other recording? It sounded the same to me, except for the quality. That radio edit really blows the music way out of course and one can't really judge from a radio emission or a recording of such.
So, Alizée mentioned that reactions to Limelight from fans were mostly good. Well, I got that impression too, though I wonder what exactly she was looking at. Just curious about how she gets her info.
maybe from her youtube comments...

oh and it is different... in the "stares, lights, music, etc" part the music is different... there's a violin (?) in the background what wasn't on the previous version...
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 02-27-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
maybe from her youtube comments...

oh and it is different... in the "stares, lights, music, etc" part the music is different... there's a violin (?) in the background what wasn't on the previous version...
Oh! Yeah. So, it's with that sound that was on the original teaser web site. And we can hear it more on the Amazon samples. Yeah, I think Limelight was supposed to be the original single. Someone once said something about the record company not being satisfied; so, it was delayed. I mean, they do have a video of that song as well after all. Looks like they never got around to creating another one. So, my guess is that Alizée's team thought this thing to be ready last summer/early fall. So, maybe they had to further tweak things for a radio edit, etc. D'ems d breaks.

Merci Fanny
Old 02-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Oh! Yeah. So, it's with that sound that was on the original teaser web site. And we can hear it more on the Amazon samples. Yeah, I think Limelight was supposed to be the original single. Someone once said something about the record company not being satisfied; so, it was delayed. I mean, they do have a video of that song as well after all. Looks like they never got around to creating another one. So, my guess is that Alizée's team thought this thing to be ready last summer/early fall. So, maybe they had to further tweak things for a radio edit, etc. D'ems d breaks.
I think you might be right about this.

It's funny, I'm already so used to the way the Limelight version we first heard sounded, that when I heard this version it was quite the surprise to me, although not entirely unexpected.

Yeah, I wonder what sites Alizée personally watches herself (if any), and if she has people monitoring other sites to help her accumulate the reactions of fans as well as interested people in general.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Yeah, I wonder what sites Alizée personally watches herself (if any), and if she has people monitoring other sites to help her accumulate the reactions of fans as well as interested people in general.
She personally follows lillytown.fr on Twitter, and when she had the chat session she knew a lot about the posters on that forum (which was AFC at the time). It looked a lot like personal knowledge, not something she hired people to do. She may do that, too, but really there isn't enough of it out there that she'd have to; she could do it all herself.

She has her own official YouTube channel, plus of course lots of fan vids with her music. So put yourself in her place, Lefty. Suppose you had just released a couple of songs, and they were up on YouTube and people were commenting about it, and there were fan sites with discussion forums out there as well. Wouldn't you pay attention?

Hell, if it was ME, I'd be on line every day checking up on the latest feedback. I've got three reviews of my book on line now. You think I haven't read them? Think again, if so.

Suffice to say: If WE can access people's comments about her music, SHE can, and she has lots of motivation to do it. So it's a safe bet she does.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716