Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 12-17-2013, 06:24 PM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

i really would not worry about her becoming mainstream.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
I don't want her to be 'mainstream' or particularly 'commercial' just following the rest of the heard. I want her to be 'her' and if that means a niche market then so be it.
I know where you're coming from but she can still be our gem whether she's mainstream or not.. but it's up to her in the end and although it might be awesome for her to have great success like she did back in the day it's true that most will never understand or should I say appreciate her the way we all do here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili4ever View Post
i really would not worry about her becoming mainstream.
Yup DALS is over and it seems interest among the heard is fading fast.. it must've been a great ride for her though and some of the best times she's had in the spotlight in recent years.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 12-17-2013, 07:38 PM

pavlove is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Karin, I sincerely hope you are as right about this as you normally are about all things Alizee.

For those of you saying that this would be great for Alizee's exposure, I'm afraid I don't see it like that. I don't think exposure at any price is worth it in Alizee's case and if she were to go down a musical path with the likes of 'Will i am' I would lose all interest in her. I don't want her to be 'mainstream' or particularly 'commercial' just following the rest of the heard. I want her to be 'her' and if that means a niche market then so be it.
How would a duet with will i am make her not be her? She already sang with him on stage and danced to two of his songs on DALS; it's safe to say she probably likes will i am.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlove View Post
it's safe to say she probably likes will i am.
Yeah I believe you are right and I think it's safe to say she probably likes Britney Spears too.

Well here's a small anecdote.

Britney Spears once kissed Madonna at the MTV awards and Alizée noted it and when asked in an interview ( magazine ) what she thought about it.. she replied that she wouldn't refuse a kiss from Madonna either and couldn't believe what all the fuss was about. I dunno why I still remember that???? But yeah Madonna is Alizée's idol and yeah if you wanna make money, if you wanna get rich, you gotta be a god damn son of a bitch.. but of course in this case it should be bitch!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 12-17-2013 at 08:45 PM..
Old 12-18-2013, 07:01 AM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlove View Post
How would a duet with will i am make her not be her? She already sang with him on stage and danced to two of his songs on DALS; it's safe to say she probably likes will i am.

Not necessarily, but it is safe to say that she would have been 'encouraged' to jump onto any passing bandwagon that the DALS and NRJ promoters thought might bring in a bit more money - in much the same way as the duet with Olly Murs. Do you think things like this happen because Alizee and Olly Murs discovered each other and wanted it to happen? As for the duet with Will i am, as far as I'm aware Alizee was standing in for someone else who was supposed to be doing it. Apart from that, it was just awful in my opinion and I don't think it's done her any good whatsoever.

Don't forget that Alizee has walked away from the spotlight once before because she didn't like the direction she was being pushed in by MF et al and she said right at the start of DALS that she knew she would have to do things that she would prefer not to do.

Just sayin ...
Old 12-18-2013, 07:16 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Concerning going "mainstream", and this is not to diss anyone's personal opinion of it who has expressed themselves in this thread...I have been playing guitar since 1955, and professionally since 1961. My father had to sign release papers to allow me to play in the bars that the group, who recruited me, was playing.

I still play out with a band 3-5 nights per week, every week after I come home from my day job.

The reason I mention this is because I remember the Rolling Stones being supported in one of their earlier tours by Budweiser. Everyone started saying "Oh, the Stones have sold out." "They are going commercial now." "They're too mainstream".

Believe it or not, music is a business, and if not treated as such and respected as such, can mean that the artist is going to be ripped off from their money due them from the hard work they put into their craft.

Those who suggest that going "mainstream" is bad are in the minority of music listeners.

I don't know of one person who would rather suffer all of his/her life for the sake of their art then have at least some success to be able to pick and choose the type of work they desire eventually.

If you go into the business and get the chance to be successful, but you don't want success, then stay home and just do it as a hobby. The vast majority of musicians, actors, dancers, et. al. try all their lives to make it and don't. Those who do achieve whatever amount of succes they get, are very thankful for it.

I would hope that Alizée, if she desires too, gets all the success she can handle and has the largest audience possible. To do that means that she will have to go mainstream, just like Madonna, Brittany, and the others.

Last edited by C-4; 12-18-2013 at 07:21 AM..
Old 12-18-2013, 11:13 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

First... after the horrible duet on latest NMA, I think the most people pray for no work between them to.

Second... that she danced on his music on DALS can mean nothing, she wasn't the person who choose music.

Third... Alizée/Britney thing... yea, she likes her (or at least we think so), on other side in one interview in past she said/or it was just written on the cover "Im not Britney!" ... and now she sang her song... so its impossible to say what could be good for her, when she is unpredictable as the weather.