Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 09-17-2015, 11:38 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Copy right violation for old video

I just got a notification that I had a video taken down for copyright violations and I now have one strike against that account.

The name of the video was Alizée surprised the full story. I posted this video back in 2009. First I had posted one called Alizée surprised. It's just a short video (6 seconds) that showed Alizee's reaction when she was on Stars a Domicile back in 2000. The host asked her if she had ever heard this rendition of Moi Lolita. They started playing the song with this awful voice singing the words. She had a very surprised look on her face while she looked around for who it was.

Well I made that short video and some people asked questions about what it was about, so I made a longer video that showed the full story of what happened. It even became a featured video with over 300,000 views.

So I wonder why it got taken down now. It could be some company bought the rights to the show and wants to make money off of it through Youtube and so is taking down any videos that were made from it.

A few months back I got a strike on another Youtube channel I had for reposting a video that had been on Youtube for years and that was Alizee's performance of J'en ai marre in Pistoia.

Here is the message I received this time
Video title: Alizée - Surprised! The full story
Video url:

Takedown issued by: Lagardere Entertainment

Later I'll have to look up who that company is.

Here is the shorter video that for the time being, I switched to private. I hope it's not a sign that they aren't getting stricter with videos.

Here is the original shorter video;

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-17-2015 at 11:41 AM..
Old 09-17-2015, 12:58 PM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

It doesn't need to be a company, everyone on Youtube can claim the copyright violations. If that person or company has his videos really long on youtube (without copyright problems) and someone post the same or just part of it, he can claim Youtube to remove it. Youtube needs only 1 similar point of the videos, if they are the same, your video (cause you "reuploaded" it) will be removed.

I used it 3x, cause reuploaded A-life videos.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:10 PM

Well in this case it wasn't just anybody, it was Lagardere Entertainment founded in 2008 and here's a little bit about what the web had to say about the company.
Lagardère Entertainment is France's leading film and television producer (fiction, entertainment programming) with GMT, DEMD, De Père en Fils, Image & Compagnie, Merlin, Aubes, and Ango for productions in French; Atlantique Productions for international productions; Maximal, Carson, Angel, 909 Productions, Electron Libre, Réservoir Prod , Telmondis Productions, Léo Vision, Add-On Factory and Tempora.prod for non-scripted programming; and Lagardère Entertainment Rights, Telmondis Distribution, and les Editions Musicales François 1er for rights and distribution. Lagardère Entertainment is now a major player in the production and management of artistic content. Its leading programs include, Josephine Guardian Angel, C Dans l'Air, Nos Chers Voisins, Mafiosa, Borgia, Jo, Clem, Céline Dion le grand show, Pep's, Toute une histoire, Les chansons d'abord, Caïn, the International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo, PolitiqueS, the Concert pour la Tolérance, C Politique, Recherche appartement ou maison, Vaugand, Foster Family, the Concert of Paris, the island of truth, In ze boite, Maison à vendre and the series The Transporter.

As I said, this video had over 300,000 views which I think may have made it more of a target. Of course I never have looked to make money off of these videos or anything else I do concerning Alizée.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-17-2015 at 01:32 PM..
Old 09-17-2015, 04:28 PM

Paybays is on a distinguished road

I don't see Stars a Domicille anywhere in your list. Yet, if you have a closer detailed look at the producers of Stars a Domicille you will find out that Reservoir Productions has been producing the show. According to the following statement;

" En décembre 2013, après la mort de Jean-Luc Delarue, la société est rachetée par Lagardère Active2. "

When the owner of Reservoir Productions passed away the company was bought by Lagarde Entertainment, thus making them the new owners of the video.

I guess it's a neverending battle between " fans " and companys.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:37 PM

Well I guess that explains why after several years, they are after people for copyright violations.

I just took a quick look at Youtube and though it looks like the singing performances of Alizée on Stars a Domicile are still there, the videos of the full shows she was in seem to be gone.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get put back up, but this time by Lagarde Entertainment with ads that will generate a wee bit of revenue.