Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 07-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting by the bay View Post
Good idea Lefty! I actually had a similar inspiration, but figured the logistics would be hell, so decided to keep it under my hat.

I thought it would be cool if we members of AA did a video montage birthday wish. Those who wish to participate could shoot a short video, 5 seconds or so, standing in front of the most prominent landmark on their respective area. For instance, me standing in front of the golden gate bridge wishing her a happy b-day. Then compile them all and set it to some nice music.

When and if she would ever see it, I thought it would be a cool way to show her some U.S. love and to peak her interest in the U.S., especially with the visuals of all the famous landmarks.
Yeah, this is a fantastic idea Perhaps if in your video you can make an Alizée sign, possibly actually including a birthday message (a few words at most).

The other thing is that these two ideas aren't mutually exclusive. A the music track to such a video montage could be what lefty is able to put together. Just a thought.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Well, to be honest, that's one of the reasons I wanted to get everyone's recordings in to me a few weeks before Alizée's birthday. I will probably need up to a week for myself to put the finishing touches on it and mix it down. I figured if the song was video-worthy and someone wanted to do it, there would still be some time left to do so. All the more reason for people to get their recordings to me soon.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
I'll see what I can do... but singing really isn't my thing. I kinda stopped singing when I was in junior high school when I decided I wasn't any good at it. Ironically, it's been Alizée (first) and the other French artists that have gotten me to sing along with their songs... but I generally only do that in the car where no one can hear me.
yeah man i stoped singing in highschool, the only time i try to sing is when Im alone in the car or something like that lol. i would be to embarassed if anyone else see me sing or dance ahahah lol.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/miHrMbv1Mfw&hl=sv&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/miHrMbv1Mfw&hl=sv&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Are you guys talking about this video?
First off this was made a year ago and has nothing to do with Lefty's project.

That project went alittle like this one, the author posting about his idea, ~12 ppl stating that they gladly would participate, then the time ran out.

So in the last second any person with a computer had to chip in using whatever they had as mics (some even used headphones), resulting in horrible sound qualities.

This is probably what's gonna happen here aswell unless people make an effort and help out. Otherwise it's gonna be just me and Ben singing and you'r sure as hell gonna know which one is me

Good example with the crowded room Lefty, that's exactly the psychological barrier you need to overcome here. You just need to think away that you'r alone in the room with your lousy singing voice (speaking for myself here) and everyone can hear you, cus if everyone help out that won't be the case.
Everything will blend into this wonderous symphonic chorus and Alizée will fall into tears and take the next priv. jet to thank us personally, right Lefty?

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 07-28-2009, 02:50 PM

Sitting by the bay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah, this is a fantastic idea Perhaps if in your video you can make an Alizée sign, possibly actually including a birthday message (a few words at most).

The other thing is that these two ideas aren't mutually exclusive. A the music track to such a video montage could be what lefty is able to put together. Just a thought.
Hey, do we think we should give this a go? Lefty's music over some nice pictures! Or will it be a logistical nightmare?

It could be like those "Where the Hell is Matt" videos, meets, AA wishing Lili a Happy B-Day video. (Just no dancing....unless you can absolutely nail the JEAM dance

We would have to set some parameters such as video length, speaking or no speaking with just signs. I don't know how long the song will be, but that would kind of dictate how long each clip can be.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:36 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

I don't have anything to add. I just wanted to say that this is a fantastic idea .
Old 07-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Administrator

The song is clocking in at about 4:10 in length and is completely written and recorded except for the parts I'm hoping to get from you guys. The only way for me to do it was to have everything done and ready for the final additions, otherwise I'd never get it completed in time. So I had to lock it in to what it is now.

There is singing pretty much throughout the song, so you would have to probably avoid speaking during most or all of the song and just stick to pictures and/or video footage. However, speaking could be done before and/or after.

Right now I'm mainly concerned with getting people to participate in the singing so I can finish it. The level of participation may very well determine whether this song ever sees the light of day or not.

The more we discuss video possibilities, the more urgency I feel to get this done so there is enough time left for video work.
I don't want to put the cart before the horse, so to speak. But I'd love to get the horse out there as soon as possible so someone has the time and opportunity to hook a cart up to it, if they so choose...

By the way, Mavs, it's nice to see you around again...
Old 07-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Well, I might be able to get a submission for the singing in this weekend... but we'll see (also I wouldn't be surprised if my singing is unusable ). I'm gonna be in Seattle for a day or two helping a friend move; I'd like to get a few seconds of video around the Space Needle, but as this is a work trip, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it out in that direction. I'm hoping to participate, but it'll be several days to a week, at least.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Well, I might be able to get a submission for the singing in this weekend... but we'll see (also I wouldn't be surprised if my singing is unusable ). I'm gonna be in Seattle for a day or two helping a friend move; I'd like to get a few seconds of video around the Space Needle, but as this is a work trip, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it out in that direction. I'm hoping to participate, but it'll be several days to a week, at least.
Thanks, whatever you can do will be much appreciated. Don't worry about "unusable". A little "studio magic" can fix many things, especially in a chorus of voices where no single voice will stand out.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:27 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

im REALLY tired right now but tomorrow I'll send you my piece.

How many people were you expecting to get?