Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation We've lost our focus and direction...

People, we need to wake up!

This is an Alizée Forum! I feel we have taken "UEDS was a flop" way too hard.

When was the last time you watched a video of Alizée from the MCE Era? I bet it's been too long!

We need to get our minds back together and look back and see that Alizé was/is/always will be one of the most successful French performers/singers/dancers/artists of ALL TIME!

Why are we making some dedicated members pay for the Video Section when we don't even use it? Start refreshing your minds and go watch the FUN TV Interview! http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=4

We need to start spreading the word of Alizée again to our friends and not sit here waiting to see what Jalen's next move on Azhiri will be (even though that has always been quite entertaining).

I feel most of us have lost our passion for Alizée because UEDS didn't turn out to be what we expected...but it's a new year people...and that means there are 363 more days in 2011 to watch Alizée mature, sing, stun us, and surprise us. So get up off your but and go grab your copy (whether digital or physical) of En Concert, dust it off, and flip to Gourmandises.

You better watch this video comrade! And put it on fullscreen and plug in headphones for a better experience!
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L8gXCR0m5Ns?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L8gXCR0m5Ns?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Does anyone agree with me on any of this? I just feel we are becoming less Alizee fans and more fans of the forum...who cares if some of us aren't as "Lilly-crazed" as we used to be, at least act and talk like you are a fan or at least were...we need people to lead us and mentor us to be senior Alizee fans!

Last edited by User22; 01-02-2011 at 01:32 AM..
Old 01-02-2011, 01:34 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

I know my prediction of you running out of thread ideas in 2011 just got shot to hell.

Oh, and I love UEDS. And Gourmandises En Concert rocks. ROCKS. I've watched that DVD in DTS surround sound on a 92" screen with 1200 watts of power 3 times this week. I'm going to add a few thousand more watts so I can have it's awesomeness pounded into my brain even more. Too much is just right.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-02-2011, 01:37 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

It's k, I found them.

But on a serious note I do agree with you, but not that it was the fault of UEdS

We're entering the next hiatus. There's been one before, and one before that. It's just a part of the Alizée cycle. Naturally with Alizée doing less eventful things, the forum is going to be slower and less (though not absent) Alizée discussion will tread along.

Both you and I joined here towards the end of the Psych-UEdS hiatus, though older members have hunkered through that, and the MCÉ-Psych, and now we're all going through the UEdS-? hiatus.

It's just another phase.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
I know my prediction of you running out of thread ideas in 2011 just got shot to hell.

Oh, and I love UEDS. And Gourmandises En Concert rocks. ROCKS. I've watched that DVD in DTS surround sound on a 92" screen with 1200 watts of power 3 times this week. I'm going to add a few thousand more watts so I can have it's awesomeness pounded into my brain even more. Too much is just right.
See people, this is what we need! Let the power of Alizée run through your vanes and set you free from the hardships of these hard times (LillyTown-wise and Economic-wise)!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post

But on a serious note I do agree with you, but not that it was the fault of UEdS

We're entering the next hiatus. There's been one before, and one before that. It's just a part of the Alizée cycle. Naturally with Alizée doing less eventful things, the forum is going to be slower and less (though not absent) Alizée discussion will tread along.

Both you and I joined here towards the end of the Psych-UEdS hiatus, though older members have hunkered through that, and the MCÉ-Psych, and now we're all going through the UEdS-? hiatus.

It's just another phase.
Eh, I see you're point. But I don't think we are entering a next hiatus for a while. It's looking up that Alizee will do a little tour or something of that nature. Why would she be selling more shirts if she isn't going to do something UEDS-wise in the near future? We can go back and forth on this, but chances are HUGE that something bigger than things like the Christmas song will happen in the near future...

Last edited by User22; 01-02-2011 at 01:43 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-02-2011, 02:04 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

THIS THREAD MAKES ME FEEL EXCITED BECAUSE OF ALL THE BIG LETTERS

I think it's just her dry-spell-of-activity factor. We all love Alizée, but there's not exactly much to discuss. I imagine it must be easier for the male division of AAm because you guys find her to be quite an attractive young gal - this likely calls for a lot of video re-watching and consistency of general interest, plus it's a good conversation-starter.

However, my boat does not float that way, so usually there's not a lot I can contribute to the average conversation on Alizée Discussion.

I'm certain, however, that this year activity will pick up, with her promises of a tour (and possibly a new single, if I remember correctly). Fear not, Aaron! I see change on the horizon!

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-02-2011, 02:11 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

I like your positivity. Now get to bed.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:40 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I will risk commenting on the subject even if I should maybe keep the newcomer low profile attitude to avoid problems...

I am new to this forum but I did read some of the discussions about UEDS before becoming a member. I would just like to mention that it certainly might have been better for Alizée’s career if UEDS sold more copies, but who knows, maybe the poor sales will turn out to be beneficial in some way. An album that is not selling well is not necessarily the end of an artist’s career. Maybe she’ll reinvent herself once more, or maybe she’ll work again with MF and LB. Maybe she’ll return to more dancing in her act and sexier outfits. Maybe she’ll start producing one album per year and tour extensively. Maybe Alizée will turn out to be more of whatever it is that you personally like about her.

Myself, I do like most tracks on UEDS, even if it is musically quite far from anything I usually listen to. It did open my horizons. I also respect Alizée even more for trying something quite risky and for presenting an album that is an honest piece of work.

As I mentioned in a different thread, I just discovered Alizée a few weeks ago, but I quickly found out that she is amazing in many different ways... It would be a petty for anyone to concentrate on one single piece of work she produced that does not seem to “work” or is not “successful” enough. By the way, I was first stunned by her physical beauty in the famous JEAM outfit, but I am so happy I did try to see if there was more to Alizée than a nymphet singing pop songs. I discovered a beautiful woman (at least the side of her we are allowed to see), an angel really. A simple smile from Alizée can fill me with joy and happiness and I can certainly forgive her for whatever she has done that is not to my liking. And yes, there has been a few things...
Old 01-02-2011, 02:48 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Hi there,

I will risk commenting on the subject even if I should maybe keep the newcomer low profile attitude to avoid problems...

I am new to this forum but I did read some of the discussions about UEDS before becoming a member. I would just like to mention that it certainly might have been better for Alizée’s career if UEDS sold more copies, but who knows, maybe the poor sales will turn out to be beneficial in some way. An album that is not selling well is not necessarily the end of an artist’s career. Maybe she’ll reinvent herself once more, or maybe she’ll work again with MF and LB. Maybe she’ll return to more dancing in her act and sexier outfits. Maybe she’ll start producing one album per year and tour extensively. Maybe Alizée will turn out to be more of whatever it is that you personally like about her.
I like this guy.

I definitely agree that she will almost certainly change her image should she dish out another album. She is a chameleon, she's changed styles drastically with each album so there's no reason at all that she shouldn't do it again.

I also think it would be interesting if she could reach a compromise of some kind with MF and LB, with more creative freedom but they could also contribute. I think once in a blue moon the stars align just right and a perfect team is made - AJ-MF-LB are an example.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-02-2011, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I like this guy.

I definitely agree that she will almost certainly change her image should she dish out another album. She is a chameleon, she's changed styles drastically with each album so there's no reason at all that she shouldn't do it again.

I also think it would be interesting if she could reach a compromise of some kind with MF and LB, with more creative freedom but they could also contribute. I think once in a blue moon the stars align just right and a perfect team is made - AJ-MF-LB are an example.
Hehe....as bad as it seems, Alizee hooking up with MF and LB wouldn't be that bad. Her sales would skyrocket and she'd be popular again. But most of us can see she doesn't really care for that...who knows...she is good at surprising us
Old 01-02-2011, 03:04 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I like this guy.

Yeah, awesome first posts. I love the fact she has mixed it up so much. Most of the time, I just see lots of complaints about the fact she is doing stuff different from her first two albums, but I really enjoy being able to put my Alizee collection on "random play" and not knowing what is going to come out of those speakers, except for the fact it's going to include her wonderful voice! I can't wait to see what's next.

Quote:
You never know. I'd personally rather see her move on and try new things. I think MCE and En Concert were the pinnacle for that team. Why mess with perfection?

Tags
alizee, alizeeamerica, focus, new direction