Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-15-2016, 05:05 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Attack in Nice

I arrived at work tonight around 8:30 pm. As I was walking down the main hallway, I heard from a tv as I was passing one room that a person driving a truck had killed 75 (the number has since gone up) people in France. I soon heard it was not an accident, but a deliberate attempt by someone to kill people. Once I heard that, I really didn't want to go on the internet to learn more. It's just too heartbreaking. It's depressing when it happens anywhere, but it seems so much more tragic that the people of France are being singled out. The shootings in Paris. The attack in Brussels that was originally meant for France. The recent Egypt Air crash which left from France may prove to be a terrorist attack. Whether or not this proves to be a terrorist attack, I feel changes and I mean drastic changes will have to take place to stop this. There's a lot more that I'd like to say about these attacks but we don't yet know who's behind it and this forum is not the place for that. So I will just say I will pray for the victims.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-15-2016 at 05:25 AM..
Old 07-17-2016, 05:19 PM

After what happened in Nice, I see the usual messages of sympathy posted in FB, then it's right back to business and that bothers me. These people are so quickly forgotten. Now these type of tragedies are going on all over the world, but we as individuals can only do so much and I'm much more inclined to do something for or feel much more deeply about, people or places I've experienced first hand. You add the fact that Alizee has done so much to change my life, that when it's something close to her, it affects me.

With the killings in Paris, I attended a mass for the victims here in Boston and on my last trip to Paris, stopped in at Notre Dame to say some prayers. I also said prayers for the victims in Brussels on my recent trip there. Now we have the attack in Nice. Again I feel a closeness here to these people because I spent a few days there. I was there during Carnival, in fact I got the music for one of my videos from that carnival. I was on that avenue where the attacks took place and the fact that it's just a ferry ride away, a ferry ride I've taken from someone who's so important to me, means a lot.

So I wanted to do something extra, then in a seperate thread, I saw where someone on FB was selling what at the time said photos of the ActuAlizee magazines. I thought that they were just selling photos of the covers at the time which bothered me but found out through Lucas they were selling the whole magazine.

But that gave me the idea that I have about 6 of Alizee's 5 cds that she autographed for us left over. I had more and I usually offer to sell them at cost to new members who come along. I also have some cds of her that I picked up over there; some new, some used, but I will sell these on E Bay and donate the money for the victims in Nice. I have no idea if these will raise much money, but it's something and I'm not looking for help with this. I've hit this forum up too many times as with the wedding gift, from people who are not in a very good position to donate.

I wish with that Facebook post about the ActuAlizee pictures that I had realized, they were selling the magazine and not just the pictures. I would've offered to buy them so I could sell them too on E bay for the same reason. That post disappeared so I think they are sold, but I sent the woman a message just in case.

I will also donate to funds for the families of the police officers who were killed in Dallas and in Baton Rouge because I care about what goes on in this country as much as I do elsewhere.

A picture I took in Nice from a hill on one side of the town that overlooks the avenue along which took place what happened there.

Attachment 1368

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-06-2018 at 08:49 PM..
Old 07-19-2016, 09:20 PM

As I mentioned, I have some autographed cds left over of the 5 autograph session. I said I will auction these off to raise money for the victims in Nice. I wish I had done this when the attacks in Paris happened. Before offering them on E Bay, I thought of maybe offering them on our Face book page, to the fans who follow her closely. As with whenever I sell her items, I will do it at cost and just ask people to maybe add a little extra as a donation, but no matter what they send me, I will donate that to this effort. Do members here think this would be a misuse of the Facebook page or do you think I could raise more money, by going straight to E Bay?

Attachment 1369

Attachment 1370

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-06-2018 at 08:49 PM..
Old 07-21-2016, 03:04 PM

One victims of the attack in Nice who died was a 17 year old boy from Corsica. He was there with his 14 year old brother who was seriously injured and is in icu, but stable, and his mother who I believe was uninjured. His father who is a native of Ajaccio was in Corsica at the time.

http://www.corsematin.com/article/ar...i-les-victimes

Edit:

So I posted the first cd today on E bay. I hope it will sell. Tomorrow, I will list one on French E bay where I think it's more likely to do better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/142061394710?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-21-2016 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-29-2016, 02:08 PM

Someone posted on FB a gif from that short clip of Alizee dancing to the "Happy" song. I wanted to find the full video that's if the clip was in it and started looking through different ones. I came across this one in Nice and I thought posting it here might give people who haven't been there a better feel of what Nice is like. Kind of a sad contrast. Didn't know if I should post it or not....

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-29-2016 at 02:16 PM..